How do YOU think the developers are going to address the MOM outrage?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Personally, I'm really interested to see them address this whole fiasco, as it certainly has a lot of people riled up, but I don't see them being able to placate anyone at this point.

It is, quite honestly, a funzo perk when you're using it, but the counters for it are all promoting "toxic" gameplay, so whatever they do at this point = Bonetown.

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

First they will "fix" it as McLean said (if they have the balls), who knows what they will do next

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Raccoon

I'm not taking credit for this but someone suggested to reduce the amount of hits required down to 2 and make all attacks count towards it including M2s. HOWEVER, the perk will reset whenever the killer hooks someone that's not you. Therefore, when you lose a chase: hit => hatchet => hooked, the killer will have to hit you an extra time if they tunnel you.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I think there needs to be some change to the obsession mechanic. There should be some punishment for it on survivor side.

• NMCKE

@thesuicidefox

Would it be cool to have the obsession always suffer a decreased hook timer? Or have them be more noticeable to the killer such as that glow effect when you sponge a hit?

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

Nothing will happen to it.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

It has too many counters already it’s fine. It’s just like NOED everyone loses in some way.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

If anything happens, it's gonna be very late, as usual.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I don't think they'll change it. To be honest I don't care if they do or don't. That said, if I was to rework it I'd make it more anti tunnel. I'd make it activate after each unhook for 30 seconds with it not activating after the gates are powered.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

As someone said in another thread, the best way to change it is to make it only work when the killer is carrying a survivor, so that it is a body blocking perk. It would then be a counter to Mad Grit instead of just being another chase extending perk.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

What counters.

Other than insta down the perk doesn't really have anything that counters it.

Now you could say use The Killers power so it doesn't apply however that only the handful of killers with offensive powers.

Basically being huntress, plague and the chainsaw Bros

Ambush hits, blink hits and phasing hits all trigger it. So that means Amanda, Nurse and Spirit have no way of countering it.

Legion's frenzy doesn't trigger it however you're wasting a lot more time constantly using frenzy on somebody than you would if you just regular hit them

Clown, Hag, Trapper Wraith and Myers (not counting tier 3) can't counter it.

So please enlighten me how general Killers can actually counter this perk considering it has too many counters.

Or at least admit that you talking out of your ass

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

You mean like a perk that allows you to one shot and mori the obsession? 🤔

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

That worked perfectly for Decisive Strike, i cant wait to repeat the same with MoM. Lets act real stupid and assume, MoM is not gonna end up exactly like old DS. Now we're really using the forum and providing valuable feedback.

Its obviously very badly designed for anyone who played killer in highranks. Ignoring a hit for free has NEVER worked out in DbD. From OG Sprintburst, Decisive Strike and Instaheal and instablinds, it has all failed and deemed op.

And now killers are rightfully using the feedback on this forum to express their pretty uniform opinion about MoM.

Like every killer streamer says the design sucks, its old DS.

Now the community can really see, wether they prioritise balance changes due to feedback or pay2win

• Karl_Childers

Im sure Dying Light users would appreciate the shortened timer, less camp time. Also people who bring an anti tunnel perk into the game would get that great reward as well!

• NMCKE
  • Karl_Childers
    edited April 2019

Im aware of the anti camp perks. You suggested something that literally buffs campers for no reason though. Nothing should ever decrease hook timer (other than escape attempts obviously). Also if I’m not mistaken, it seems if anyone brings DS a random person starts out as the obsession. So unless that person is psychic, they don’t have DS and Deliverance.

• ADbDPlayer
    ADbDPlayer Member Posts: 4

Dont cry about mom. You just need 1 more hit ...lol

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

But wouldn't that just make it that much more strong though say someone heals you when the killer either slugs or sees a bright Red cape (aka Matador). So you got them down in 2 hits and they get back up via heals/ instas/UB etc.

I think 3 is fine but it should have some drawbacks like once you get that 3 hit you're now exhausted for 120/90/60 seconds.

That and or to get it to reset and perhaps have a lower exhaustion cooldown (doesn't have to be both) you have to perform a "SAFE UNHOOK".

So you'd have your 1 guaranteed usage of the perk but after that you'd have to do something Altruistic which fits the thematic aspect.

To keep you from simply recharging at will give the safe unhook a 120/90/60 second cooldown timer.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

so i had multiple games against mom and for the first moments it's kind of a surprise followed from a "ok". It's just a hit this doesnt matter that much + I'm playing killer mostly with their ability. Hillbillys who M1 are bad billys anyway and this perk is the perfect way to make this clear. Nurse is Nurse, if one extra hit or two this doesnt matter lmao

Idk In know how to make mindgames so I just deal with it - And i really like the fact that I can see them the whole time when they got healed. It makes much more easier to plan, also I like it to interrupt them when I want to. And when someones decided to stay halflife PLEASE dude, make it easier than it is :D

From my perspective I dont have any problems with it. I thought i would have but nah

Also when I play survivor. I'm so glad when a halflife survivor rescues me with the kilelr right behind him but he has mom and survive this. It allows last second rescues. And there are many (basement)camping killers out there so I appreciate this kind of help. + This perk is a good anti tunneling perk like decisive strike. And we all know how killer mains love it to camp and tunnel the last ######### out of your soul.

Not everyone will play this perk because not everyone is a fan from being halflfie the whole game or visible the whole game. And those survivor which were free on the exit gate with an activated mom and run back into the game to chase the killer: Yea. I mean who cares? They have won. it doesnt matter anymore, just chase them down if you want and theyll leave ^^

So currently im absolutely ok with it. Also Im thinking about a new combo: BT + MoM

And hey, after 3 Years, the devs release a new good survivor perk. Im still missing an

equivalent to iron will just for blood trials but hey ya know.. maybe one day^^ hopefully

please it would be so cool xD

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited April 2019

@powerbats I didn't say it was a good solution, just how I expected the devs to address MoM.

At least if anything is done in a timely manner.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited April 2019

Even tydetyme says the perk is not that strong... like that guy talks about perks all the time.

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122

Well, it's an OP survivor perk, so,probably 1-2 years from now it will get a slight nerf.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

We're working on it™.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234

Unless they stop treating it like a normal hit with a speed boost and weapon wipe, anything short of a complete rework won't be meaningful. An extra hit against one good survivor can lose the game, especially since they're often packing instaheals and Adrenaline along with MoM. Against 2 or 3 good survivors in the same trial? Forget about it. Just AFK. Is this game balanced if some of the survivors essentially get 4 hooks instead of 3?

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

How devs adres this perk? Well that was good dlc many sell nice deal somone got idea for next one with 1 good perk?

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

He also said that Hag is D tier and Leatherface B tier, which already says that he doesn't know ######### about balance.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited April 2019

who knows

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited April 2019

They will change it soon

Similar to what they did with DS, how they said they would at X point in time, but kept pushing it off over and over, until they have a backup DS (MoM) to replace the old and now "nerfed" but actually balanced DS.

Can't wait for DS 3.0 in 2 years to replace the "nerfed" (But actually Balanced MoM) assuming the game lasts that long.

Gotta keep some of the cancer to keep the source around. Which is why Legion won't get changed.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Heroiq dead hard can be baited and requires skill to use (and also doesn't put you in hitstun)

Mettle of man is guaranteed, stacks with DH, and isn't actually one time use since it resets if you are downed after it triggers

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Yeah I've yet to get MoM more than once per match. Usually I don't even get that. As a killer never seen it twice either.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

They should do nothing. That or they could tie it to exhaustion so it and DH can't be used back to back.

Frankly, I think it is a lot of crying over nothing. I still find DH to be a much stronger perk as it is useable multiple times, avoids all damage, and has no drawbacks unlike MoM where it only avoids 1 M1 attack after getting hit 3 times, and requires you be injured to work.

A lot of tears over nothing.

And yes, I've faced several SEF squads running it, DH, DS, and adrenaline. 3-4k each time as Trapper, Shape and Hag.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    edited April 2019

Honestly I'm not particularly worried about the effect itself.

What I AM worried about is

A: How it stacks with other similar perks like DH, BT, DS, Adrenaline and instaheals to make for insanely long chases

B: How it encourages tunneling and camping

C: How it actively rewards failure rather than just covering for it

D: All 4 survivors using it

Changing the condition for activating it (Such as unhooking 2 survivors to activate it) would solve B and C. Giving it an interaction with the obsession mechanic would help D. And giving it a downside tied to Exhaustion or Broken (only temporarily anyways) would mitigate A. So if we reworked the perk to:

Mettle of man

The perk activates after unhooking 2 survivors as the obsession or 3 survivors as a non-obsession.

Once active:

If you would be put into the dying state from injured you will instead be broken for 120/90/60 seconds deactivating the perk.

Once used the perk cannot reactivate until after you are downed.

Then this would be a perfectly valid pro-altruism perk. We don't HAVE to use unhooks as the condition of course but it is an option.

We could also use heals, completed generator ect.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Some pointless nerf, like always. No idea why this is such an outrage but they'll get the point across, and MoM will be almost useless. I don't use any perks like that so it's no problem for me, but a lot of killers seem to think it's so easy for survivors because of all these second-chance things, but it really isn't when you don't run anything like that. But I guess that's my problem and not theirs.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Warlock_2020 Yeah I faced *all* those yesterday too. In *all* of my matches.

4x Adr, DH, BT, MoM. Dwights, Claudettes and Neas too, not only Ashes. 4 matches straight. Some of them carrying instaheals.

Good thing I have hundreds of moris across all my killers, because I never used them outside of daily rituals. I got rained with insults, and many of those guys DC'ed.

BS fights BS, and no one is happy at the end.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@NuclearBurrito You hit the bail on the head. It is not powerful on it's own, but its effects compound when teamed with other perks.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Change and rework after 2 years

that's for sure

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

If they were smart, they would ignore it. It's just baseless whining.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

Just change the stack progression to killer stuns, unhooks, team healing, or body blocking.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

I don't wanna talk people down but.. U saw his tier list?

I'm always laughing my ass of when I read "MoM is more difficult to activate than DH". While DH is a perk which requires skill, good timing and reading the killer to get the most of it, with MoM you need to do..... NOTHING. Just hold W like a 4head, that's it. There is also no counter for the majority of the killers (unlike DH, there is counterplay sometimes), but it also "stuns" the killer on place and gives a free speedboost. Imo stronger than old DS + zero skill required.