Adrenaline Not Taking Effect While Being Carried.

Options

I love Adrenaline. But one thing that really bothers me about it is this.
In the perk's description, it says the perk will take effect unless you are disabled at the moment. It will take effect once you are free. But, that's not true. If you're being carried by the killer and the last gen pops, adrenaline kicks in. The thing is, you can't use it because you're being carried, but for some reason, the game takes away your adrenaline.
I don't know if this is a bug, but this happened to me earlier. I was being carried, last gen popped, my adrenaline kicked in but I couldn't use it since I was being carried, I got hooked, and I got unhooked but didn't get my instant heal and speed boost.

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Sounds like a bug.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

Were you in the process of being carried, or being picked up? Sometimes Adrenaline will fire when you're being picked up and your icon will even change from 'Dying' to 'Injured', but in that case it's wasted. Most of the time it works like you described; if you're fully being carried when the final gen is done, you'll get the bonus when you're unhooked. It's been like that for a while now.

• TheMatthewLee
    TheMatthewLee Member Posts: 25
    Options

@Science_Guy said:
    Were you in the process of being carried, or being picked up? Sometimes Adrenaline will fire when you're being picked up and your icon will even change from 'Dying' to 'Injured', but in that case it's wasted. Most of the time it works like you described; if you're fully being carried when the final gen is done, you'll get the bonus when you're unhooked. It's been like that for a while now.

I don't remember, but I don't think I was. When adrenaline kicked in, I was being carried, it wasn't in the middle of the pickup animation.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

Your being carried though...why would it make sense for it to give you a save? that's not how healing works in this game.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2018
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Your being carried though...why would it make sense for it to give you a save? that's not how healing works in this game.

From the wiki.

You are fuelled by unexpected energy when on the verge of escape. Instantly heal one Health State and sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for 5 seconds when the Exit Gates IconHelp exitGates.png are powered.
    Adrenaline is on hold if you are disabled at the moment it should take effect and will activate when freed.
    Adrenaline will wake you up if you are asleep when it triggers.
    Adrenaline ignores Exhaustion.
    Causes Exhaustion IconStatusEffects exhausted.png for 60/50/40 seconds.

It states that Adrenalines effect will be on hold if the survivor is disabled at the moment. When a survivor is picked up the killer, they're not exactly free are they?

Post edited by Mc_Harty on