Live Q&A: 2.7.0 PTB

2»

Comments

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

The impression I often have when looking at balance changes in Dead by Daylight (especially in this latest patch) is that developers see an immediate problem that needs to be addressed, and then they focus all of their efforts in fixing it, but because they didn't consider the effect that this particular way of fixing it may have on the rest of the game, the overall balance in the game worsens. Now I could be totally off the mark, but that's the impression I sometimes have - that the developers often focus too much on the details - the codes and programs, that they miss the bigger picture and overall game design falters. So my question is: do you have a game designer (not a programmer) who oversees and leads the overall balance for this game? Or do everyone just pitch in ideas and run with ideas that seem to work?

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2019

1. Are you going to do anything with Thanatophobia?

2. When will the Russian language on the console?

• javiercito8855
    javiercito8855 Member Posts: 16

Where the Pig nerfs necesary for her, and already weak killer nerfed for the end game?

Having the survivors not being able to espace with one of the RBT's where one of her best tactics when the player assumes that the game will end in a posible loss. Already the RNG si a problem , nerfing her traps are not a good step forward to her. An unnecesary change.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444
    edited April 2019

Both new Legion and Plague have no reason to use their power against injured survivors. A lot of survivors do not heal against these two so the killer gets less Deviousness points and it also forces them into a boring no-power playstyle. Do you have any plans to address this?

Edit / Clarification: Note that I am aware that not healing against these two is a downside for survivors. It does not stop it from happening though and results in very one-dimensional games for the killer.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I get the feeling that this PTB contains a lot of killer nerfs; are there survivor changes coming, or do you feel this is a good balance?

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

Do you swear to gawd that dbd is really banning the DCers?

• Creator
    Creator Member Posts: 360

Can you reduce the time for collapse from 3 minutes to 1.5 minutes (up to a maximum of 2 minutes). Because 3 minutes is more than enough to hide behind the survivors and annoy the killer. And this is without taking into account the fact that when someone is hanging on a hook or in a dying state, time slows down by 2 times. And will you add an animation for the killer when he opens the gate? For example: the killer grabs the switch, pulls it down and tears it off, then looks at it a bit and throws it aside.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Why are you not listening to pro players instead of the casual one they are killing this game?

Reduce the collapse time to 1.5 min instead of 3 , remove legion penalty when hit by pallet and when hitting a player.

Remove the full gauge condition , revert vault speed change , reduce cooldown to 3sec from 4 , recharging gauge take 20 SECONDS on a non-lethal power he should 10sec without add-ons and 15s-20s with frank mix tape.

Pig change are awful revert it. instead buff trapper and clown, buff all weak perks.

As for QoL change increase controller sensibillity and stop group dismantling.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

With the announcement of dedicated servers rolling out, why have you chosen to kill the game for the entire Oceanic region? (Which, I'm honestly not sure if you know any more, is NOT a part of Asia, nor does it have a playable ping to Asian servers.)

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Are there any frame drops for consoles when the end game collapse starts? I don't want to crash everytime an Exit gate opens.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

You reverted or changed some changes from PTB already?

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122

Will the end game collapse timer be changed in any way upon the changes going live? 3 minutes doesn't encase the level of urgency to escape, especially when anything the killer does slows it down.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Can you fire whoever thought this change are good idea?

• ProtectDwight
    ProtectDwight Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2019

How come you decided to take back the "bone rattle" noise when the Wraith uncloaks?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Left Behind did get a buff but now that the hatch spawns regardless of how many generators have been completed the perk seems even more useless than before. Have you planned on reworking the perk completely like you did with Tinkerer?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

With the latest change to the WGLF, do you have any ideas to include additional ways to earn a token like healing a teammate?

• rNine_
    rNine_ Member Posts: 42

Currently in the new legion design attacks, and pallet stuns drain FF power. Can you guys look in to decreasing this a bit as it currently feels a bit punishing to just play the game as intended now?

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

How do you always manage to disappoint? :-(

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

The legion changes make survivors have more fun, however legion players don't find it was fun to play as him, since he is much slower and his power is just a first hit.

Can the multiple stabbing be implemented in some way soo it still feels fun to play as legion and for survivors?

• Korguren
    Korguren Member Posts: 1

Since you added auric cells to the game. The only things they are being used on is cosmetics and DLC characters. Have you considered adding other options to use auric cells on? I.E a small auric cells purchase to get 1.5x BP for a limited time like 7 days.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

In the PTB, would you ever test a new end-game scoreboard function which would show who was SWF and who was solo?

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

Will the EGC visual effects be optimized for consoles? As amazing as it looks, I'm concerned on how it will perform on other platforms than PC.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Have you thought of adding rewards or seasonal cosmetics to give players the incentive to rank up and having ranks actually mean something instead of just meaning harder players?

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2019

Question:

With the new addition of EGC, Is there a way to make it as an option to turn off HUD?

This would be nice for players that want to have an intense game play.

I would imagine that Hex notification and EGC have their own enable button.

• iamzammm
    iamzammm Member Posts: 18

Are the dedicated servers on the PTB now?

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Why did you restrict and nerf Legion's power so harshly? Currently it's way better to play him as a regular M1 killer without using his power otherwise you lose alot of tracking, lockers shut you down, and the vault is so slow that you get looped, which shutdown your ability to get a first hit with it...

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63

How will you be able to make up for the fact that killers are going to have a ping with dedicated servers now? Dedicated servers seem like more of a bane than a boon for killers.

• undeadmauler
    undeadmauler Member Posts: 78

why did cd addons get an additional nerf for legion, the cd is brutal as is and is to much of a hindrance to use his ability for anything meaningful

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

Why was remember me nerfed so hard? It wouldnt impact the EGC too much because the timer only starts either after a gate has been opened or the killer closed a hatch. If the killer closed the hatch the remaining survivor(s) would have very little chance of escaping regardless of remember me.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

One question regarding the upcoming dedicated servers:

Are you going to switch completly to dedicated servers (so that any trial will be hosted on a dedicated server), or do you implement a hybrid approach that still can use P2P as a fallback (in case something is wrong with the dedicated servers). This might also be interesting for players in regions that would have a high latency towards the next dedicated server location, so that P2P would actually be better for them.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

One question regarding the upcoming dedicated servers:

Are you going to switch completly to dedicated servers (so that any trial will be hosted on a dedicated server), or do you implement a hybrid approach that still can use P2P as a fallback (in case something is wrong with the dedicated servers). This might also be interesting for players in regions that would have a high latency towards the next dedicated server location, so that P2P would actually be better for them.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.