MoM outrage getting ignored

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Two matches sure proves a lot.... we’ll need more proof than that.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I had a game where I killed all, but two. Hooked one and looked around to see the David has the aura part of MoM active. I caught him, of course.

I think it's really only problematic while pursuing a chase or during end game. I have a habit of hit and runs or smacking people away from what they're doing. It can be strong, but also can be really problematic for the survivor.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

Oh I'm sorry let me go through my entire catalog of games and screenshot all of them. Also let me go grab FW's tweets about DS getting nerfed, but now they have MoM so suck it killer mains. Glad "not all 4 survivors ran it" is now considered an argument on whether a perk is bullshit or not.

• fluffybunny

@Caretaker Its counter is power attacks and it's balanced with a downside. A survivor really doesn't want the killer to see what they're doing. In order to avoid that, you'll need to stay one-downed while not knowing where the killer is coming from (if they leave you). Old DS dampened my games far more than MoM has.

• GrootDude

@fluffybunny DS was definitely much worse I agree. You think your dribble would work aaaaand bodyblock DS stab! :D

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764
    edited April 2019

Ah yes, the classic, "Well x was worse." "It was worse before." Also, name all the killers with "Power attacks", please. Survivors don't want that, but OOO users are literally the best players in the game and actively want you to chase them. Aura reading doesn't suddenly delete pallets, windows, exhaust perks, or stop Adrenaline from working. Also, you go down once, and the aura is gone. Wow, one down. Super scary.

"It's still #########, but at least it's got gold flakes in it."

One of the easiest ways to ignore MoMs downside is just play smart, and save it for end-game to BM and take free hits while you leave.

• fluffybunny

@TreemanXD Ugh, I hated DS so much. It was early game, too, where you really needed pressure. I'd find a survivor, see it was the obsession, and die a little inside.

• GrootDude
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Most of what makes the perk complete cancer is the amount of free hits that stack up over a whole match.

MoM is a freeby, first Dead Hard often is too (or one used to reach a pallet, negating the option to "bait it"), DS is at least highly conditional and avoidable, but then there's also Adren on 90% of survivors at the moment. (Don't even start on "Adren is countered by Noed" because noed being in play is YOUR choice as survivors when you choose to not cleanse dulls.)

What would happen if free-extra-hit perks gave a debuff like exhaustion that prevented others working? Like you couldn't activate Dead Hard if you had JUST resisted a hit with MoM?

• Cali
    Cali Member Posts: 108
  • gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I think anyone with half a brain and a bit of honesty can agree that the stacking of freebies is a problem.

Whether or not MoM in a vacuum is toxic design is up for debate.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

ppl who only play one site will never understand that

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

When I think of MoM I don't think one survivor using it is OP and tbh if used by 4 survivors in one match then it would be OP but I have only had one game so far with 4 MoM's and honestly haven't had a problem with the perk myself. But I do see where some people are coming from the perk doesn't reward good play on either sides because the survivor gets rewarded by the perk for being hit and the killer gets punished for hitting the survivor this is bad game design, I don't think it's strong but the game design is horrendous why do you think most people are ok with perks like Adrenaline it rewards the survivor for doing their job doing the gens. I don't want this perk to get nerfed because it is weak but what I do think is it should be reworked because it is simply bad game design.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Consider the following:

1. People DO have Ash, leveled him to 40, and now they’re waiting for it to show up in their preferred survivor’s bloodweb.
    2. Ash is cash money only. Ash also released in a time of not many people playing dbd.
    3. MoM is NOT in the shrine of secrets. Bbq was also not in the shrine, and it is not a coincidence that it was barely seen before and when it showed up you see it so much more now.
    4. You haven’t played against enough swf with MoM, plural or singular - even 1 MoM sets you back when their buddies have builds that help protect them and screw you over. When Ash came out, literally every group was an Ash with friends and they brought bt, adrenaline, purples, pinks, the works.
  • HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    edited April 2019

Bruh every match I play as killer. I am hesitant to use M1 killers like clown. 4 man MoM with other perks to make the killer”s life miserable.

So I do that with my SWF squad using that broken perk along with other second third 4th chance perks XD

swf are king as it is, with these perk builds oof. R.I.P

i love how @not_Queen said they need more feedback LOL. You guys really don’t know what you are doing it seems like. When y’all introduced the perk, what made u think that M1 killers weren’t gonna hold an L especially against SWF On voice coms. You are the same ppl who don’t want to help killers against SWF like a lousy indicator for killers to better prep. So what u do, u bring a broken perk that makes SWF even stronger like THANOS.

f

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

If MoM gets nerfed than so should every training wheel addon...killer is in a wayyy better place than it ever has been, and survivors don't really have the training wheel perks they did have last year, and even more prior. There is still plenty that needs to be balanced, but frankly this survivor perk doesn't. If you play your cards right half the time when you get to use your MoM it only prolongs your death by a few seconds. Sometimes its a game changer if you can save it for a pivitol play..but that is just situational.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    edited April 2019
  • HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

Once again, MoM is a one shot DH. It has prerequisites, and penalties after use and healed to full. It does take no skill, whereas DH requires timing and skill.

However DH is MUCH more useful, and can be used many times in a match.

The bottom line is MoM is a rather weak perk, and you guys are whining like it gives a permanent invulnerability to being downed. The perk needs nothing, and will remain a second ranked perk. PS. I have DLC, love ASH!! - but he is toooo noisy. PS4.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Doc counter stealth perks so why there shouldnt be a perk that he cant counter?

• Slayer

Omega blink with mori + bbq is stronger than any swf though.

• Slayer

Mettle of man is strong but doesnt need to be removed. It has counters it doesnt activates early game survivor get to become obsession so you know who does have it. It needs to get nerfed slightly it needs to have limits like non obsession users able to use mom only after 4-5 hits.

• Hu3ZiLLa
    Hu3ZiLLa Member Posts: 2

I went against a team with MoM and Borrowed Time (all 4), playing Trapper.

Now I need therapy.

Thanks, Behavior.

• Slayer

Yes it does have counters. Instant down is a counter . Look even if they going to have 3 lifes instant down still counters it . First instant down - > 1 stack to perk, second instant down - 2 stacks , third instant down - > now you can use perk but well you re already dead.

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289

MoM is nuts

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I only find MoM annoying combined with some other perks. Done right it can waste killers time more than previous version of the ds.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Honestly, Mettle of Man is like old DS. It's not a problem on bad survivors but decent survivors can get the most value from it. Most of the times, it rewards failing because you have to take multiple hits to build it up which means you're likely losing chases.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Killers basically want their cake and think they can eat it too.

Survivors get one good thing to help them out in a game, killers rage and cry op instead of looking at their mistakes and trying to get better.

MoM isn't even that bad... I played against it numerous times and still had the confidence to down the survivor.

It can only be used once and it takes 3 hits to obtain it and when the survivor is healed killer can now see their aura, so no hiding from the killer.

Some people just complain complain complain instead of getting better and switch out some perks to benefit them more.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Lmao hell no. I rather play against MoM then old DS ######### head. Just get better or use instant down killers, add-ons or perks. I play against MoM players and it's not even all that. I down them within 5secs of MoM already gone.

• Slayer
    edited April 2019

Old ds could be problem sometimes and its because you could use it from the begining Mom activates only at the middle -end of a game . Get good.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

MoM is OP. Any chase extender is. Until they manage to extend out the game a little, by adding an objective like finding a part to start generator repairs, they will stay that way.

It's not that the perk itself is OP. It's rather balanced for what it does. It's that the objectives go to fast, and that extra loss of momentum is serious for the killer.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I've been a killer main for years and it's much easier running as Survivor.

Mettle of Man, Adrenaline, Decisive, and choose a random 4th.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited April 2019

@Slayer

"Get Good"

Well, I'm not great at the game anyways so I instead try to have fun, ya know? However, I can't really have much fun when there strong perks that have no counter play. I'd be completely fine with MoM if it had just more counter play that's not camping, using OP offerings, and/or playing specific killers.

I'll elaborate why MoM is so strong

MoM effectively give survivors 3 health states and more health states on decent survivors equals longer chases which means the other survivors have more generator time. In other words, it's like an instant heal and if you hate instant heals then you must hate MoM because it's a free health state for survivors who aren't being camped, mori'd, or instant downed. I'll also mention that MoM is a perk so you can use it in every game and up to 4 survivors can use it unlike ultra rares so it's kinda ridiculous overall.

And before:

"MoM has downsides."

To play devil's advocate, what's going to stop me from healing to 99% while I bypass the consequences? If longer chases can have such a huge impact on the killer then the consequence of MoM should more severe than just having the killer see your aura in my opinion.

I hope this helped you understand the problem with MoM. 🙂

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

"insta down is a counter" smh. then tell me how to counter MoM with plain m1 killers like wraith. and dont tell us now to bring a mori to counter it. please use your brain first before you writing in threads

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@DirtWeasel DH loses a lot of its power when the killer knows you have it. It can be baited. There's no counter to MoM other than making sure someone dies on the first hook or constantly downing them with Chainsaws.

• Slayer
    edited April 2019

Tell me how to juke Doc when iron will is must have to juke killer and that killer completely negates every stealth perk? Bad game design?Tell me why isnt it possible to juke Doctor? Isnt juking a part of a game?

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Not the answer people wanted, but the one they needed

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

What would you say if all of a sudden you need to repair an extra gen because the killer has a perk, if the setup parameters are matched, it would add an additional gen?

Would you perceive it as fair? It's just one more gen.

• GrootDude

@Cymer actually it wouldn’t be too bad.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@ClogWench Against good survivors, that additional hit means one more gen being done. A great trade for 1 perk slot.

• Slayer
    edited April 2019

Killers have advanced attack thats a counter. Mettle of man may never get to be used . You basically negate that perk in that case.

What you should do in that case? Dodge the lobby. Find solo to play against.

• Slayer
This discussion has been closed.