The fifth slot

Hi all,

with all the new content released until now, I think that a fifth "special" slot for both the killer and survivor would be cool. This game has a lot of problems, and this might not be top priority, but what this idea aim to solve is to give some sort of "class system" to the game.

Right now there are some not-so-cool aspects:

• Survivors are all skins, there is literally no difference between them
  • There are too many perks, and choosing only 4 per game is not too much rewarding (also considering that some of the perks are mandatory to bypass certain broken core game mechanics, in particular for killers)

So here it comes the fifth slot, that is not like other slots, but is a special one: you can equip only 1 of the 3 character specific related perks. This way you can expect as a survivor that a Claudette can have some form of healing capability, Meg for agility, Laurie for obsession etc. and make some cool combos around this; as a killer you can expect the same with their traits, for example at least 1 totem for the Hag, or endgame tricks for Freddy, or healing affecting capabilities by Nurse, etc. ... And there will be also some sort of counter play too: if you can expect some behaviors from people, you can act consequently.

Would this affect balance? Yes, if you agree that there is some sort of balance in this game; and no, if there is some effort by the devs to polish some too strong combos that will come out ... but at least this would give some sense to survivors instead of having 1 single survivor with the skin of Claudette, Dwight, Nea & co. ... and to killers (and survivors too) giving a meaning to their specific perks once you unlocked them in the bloodweb for every character.

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I don't think a 5th slot is important to the Devs right now.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The addition of a 5th slot would ######### up the balance so much more. Especially if the survivors get to enjoy that slot. It's already 16 vs 4 perks. Turning it into 20 vs 5 wouldn't help.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Honestly? A 5th slot for killers would really help balance the game. And it would help SWF stuff out too. The 5th slot would HAVE to be a perk from that killer's set though.

So you'd have to use one of that killer's perks for it. Which limits it slightly.

Survivors don't need a 5th perk slot.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

survivors dont need 5 slots 4 slots are enough to destroy killers like ds adrenaline dead hard and MoM thats 4 second chance perks to extend a chase 5 perks will be abused too much while killers dont have that much second chance perks 5 perk slot would be a great idea to implement for killers

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited May 2019

I've exposed these idea once on Youtube.

Since survivors are technically skin in later games. They should have something as their own to distinguish between survivors. These are my ideas:

(1) The 5th slot: Survivors can add 1 of 3 unique perks into their 5th slot, which make them lost ability to pick up items.

(2) Level4 perks: Survivors can unlock their unique perks to level4 (for example: Meg Sprint level1 take 60sec exhausted, level3 40sec, it can be only Meg will gain the perk to level4 30sec exhausted). This option sounds too op though. Since a survivor can add 3 unique level4 perks to their loadout.

(3) Survivors starts their own perks with level3. As too many techable perks available, I can not get Dwight's own 3 perks to level3 perk. Even I reached him to Level45.

(4) Survivors have 3 slot perks & 1 unique slot perks. 1 unique slot perk is the lost that you can only add Unique perks, no matter which level Sprint burst I have on Meg, if I put the perk into unique slot. It will always gain to level4. 3 other slots work as normal.

This can go the same with Killers

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

I like very much the ideas ... these would give at least something unique and characteristic to perks, survivors and killers.

To anyone who said this would not solve current balance problems ... well, the point is that this idea isn't aimed to solve balance problems, but to justify the absence of a class system for survivors and to give a better feeling with all the perks choices we have today. Balance will be affected by this some way, but both positively and negatively: it will be devs work to iron it out.

For example, the last survivor, Ash ... I was very happy he was coming into the game, but also very disappointed that he was coming only as a skin, like every other survivor. I want Ash to be Ash in one way or another, and the simplest thing to do is to have a bit of his traits "always equipped", so you can expect Ash to be Ash, not Claudette... obviously this apply for every other survivors too.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Currently I main Jack not because I like his perks. Just because he's the 1st one I played, so he has most perks I need.

My loadout for him is: Spine chill, Premonition to avoid killers; Small game to find hex; Kindered to team work when hooked. I dont use his unique perks because all of them are level 1 or 2.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

I believe it's useless to add dozens of new perks, if you don't get any new perk slots... Six is the first perfect number in maths: give six slots each, then. :)

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

They can add 5th slot for the horrible perks that exist curretly in the game like dejavu. They can make a tier of horrible perks that can be used in the 5th slot ^^. And for the future the only way I se a 5th slot is if they make tiers for all perks and basically reduce how many strong perks you can take as a requirement to use a 5th perk

• Youkari
    Youkari Member Posts: 53

5th perk slot sounds fine; but only for survivors.

Killers however need more perk slots like 7 i'd say. My reasons;

As one mentioned before killers have way too many necessary needed perks to keep up with some flawed core mechanics... or flawed killer settings.

Another reason should be killers are supposed the power role... 'supposed'. Why they have the same core menu like survivors?

Speaking of classes on survivors; in a aspect i understand the request to 'force' survivors equipping their respective perks so killers have it easier to destinguish survivor roles... as it's frankly speaking would be utterly useless.

As a killer main i don't care what survivor i'm chasing; in mayority all have their crutch perks anyway so i'm grateful people use their survivor for their liking... otherwise we'd be flooded with Megs and Claudettes cuz they carry the most used crutch perks... wait aren't that already the case now?

So giving em a 5th perk slot only already enough but that's just my opinion on this matter.

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

There would also be massive downsides for certain characters as more than a few have ######### perks.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

It's a fantastic idea. I love open-handed, but I don't have a perk's slot for it. Same for prove thyself,...