We're Gonna Live Forever/Survivor Bloodpoint Problem

If we want to get survivor bloodpoints more in line with killer bloodpoints, then 2 things need to happen:

1. Overall survivor bloodpoint earnings need to be increased since their game can be cut short (the killer's cannot).
  2. We're Gonna Live Forever needs to be more viable to use by having a gameplay effect like BBQ & Chili does. Maybe in addition to the bloodpoint increases, make it so that the perk acts as a counter to BBQ & chili (your aura doesn't appear when a survivor is hooked or you see the killer's aura when the survivor is hooked so you know if they're coming for you due to BBQ & Chili).

Comments

• BillSimmons
    BillSimmons Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74

Killers & Survivors can have their game time cut short by gen rushing. Killers getting 30k games before offerings/perks come into the mix played well enough to earn those bps.

Survivors can earn 20k in a well played game before offerings/perks. Since we're comparing the two roles let me suggest this; if you play a Survivor game and it's ends quickly due to your death you have the ability to start up a new game while the previous game is still going on. While I don't think it's that likely that you would earn more bps for dying quickly in multiple games, I do think it would be close to the bp/minute in normal matches.

I think it would be wrong to reward Survivors with more bps in the current game state since gen rushing is a common game occurance. In addition there are a number of bp bonus perks Survivors can use (WGLF, Prove Thyself, etc.)

I would be interested to see WGLF give something in addition to the bp increase, but a direct counter to BBQ isn't it imo.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    1. The important part is bp gain per minute, not bp gain per match.
    2. Developers already said that they won't give any kind of aura buff for this perk.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

You're comparing two very different categories

Killer

Killers are in the match for longer ( they are literally the last person to leave)

Have to put in a lot more work

Unlike survivors when it comes to items ( add-ons in The Killers case) there is no way of getting them without using the bloodweb so general a killer main will need a lot more blood points than the survivor.

Survivors

Matches can be incredibly short depending on whether you die or escape and how quickly you manage to put it off. ( this means on average in the same time it will take you to complete five games a killer could probably only do three)

The workload of survivors is split between four people, this means that you don't have to do as much work as a killer would have to do also your blood point game is split between 4 different people hence why less bloodpoints.

When it comes to the bloodweb survivors don't necessarily need to use it to get items or addons as they could simply just run a chest build and just stuck up that way making the need for the blood point grind a lot less the demanding for them.

It wouldn't be very logical to make the survivors and The Killers bloodpoints completely exact as you'll soon have instances where one party is just a lot more profitable form of blood points than another is. Which would just screw of queue times because people would be mainly playing that role

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Heh, the thing is... if you want a bp for a survivors' perks you play as the killer in games...

And why would it break queue times? You actually need 4 survivor and 1 killer, so you need more people that are playing as the survivor.

And you know what. The difference between survivor and killer bp gain is actually huge, not in game itself, but because of B&C, while survivors have no viable perk.

While i don't think that aura reading ability should be on we are gonna life forever, i think that buff for something like uhooking speed, additional time/speed on sprint after taking a hit for someone could work.