The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do you keep ignoring MoM discussions?

2»

Comments

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

@NoShinyPony

You know there are perks out there that truly have no counter to them like Alert and Franklins Demise.

Yet firstly with Alert, because their use goes totally unnoticed by Killers they don't even know it's been used against them which is why you never see threads complaining about it even though the only way a Killer might try to counter it is by not kicking Gens and not breaking Pallets. (hence the 'Alert has no counter' statement earlier)

And with Franklins the only 'counter' to it is to either not get hit, don't bring an item, don't pick up an item so not reeealy a counter at all. This is a perk just as 'in your face' as MoM with no actual counter yet nobody complains about it. hmmm.

Where as MoM is an in your face bright neon sign saying to the Killer "You think you earned that down? You thought you where entitled to it? NAHP!" which hurts the Killers delicate ego.

They then come on here and rage about it when there are any number of counters they could chose from but failed to deny the Survivor before they escaped 3 times to mend, each time they escaped earning their next pip towards 1 extra hit point which can easily be chased down and hit again for the hook (I managed that one against a Survivor with MoM once today, I rarely see a Survivor with it because I don't let Survivors collect MoM pips).

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It really isn’t punished. -10% isn’t much emblem bonus.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@SlinkyJinky Your reply means that you acknowledge that MoM has no real counter. That's a progress, good.

Now, with bringing up Alert and Franklin's, you are comparing apples and oranges. As @Sairek said, you can't compare these perk to a perk as powerful as MoM. It's like comparing Ruin to Déjà Vu.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited May 2019

Not everyone have second chance meta so youre going way too far this days its very ez to play as killer since the only killers that i see its billy and nurse and those soon they will have a nerf thst they needed

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited May 2019

Theres alot of perks similar that you said that are in the game rancor counter MoM and you can see where they are, you have noed you have hex devaour hope haunted ground and you have mori, you know killers complain about this perk while theres alot of killer perks that are broken like enduring combine with spirit fury every killer that i faced have this and with billy hes a god so dont complain ok?

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

I'm thoroughly convinced that no one on here complaining about MoM has actually bought it or used it so they don't actually know how best to counter it.

Bring on the MoM Shrine of Secrets already. Education for the masses!

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

U forgot the fun factor. Really unfun for both sides aswell.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    edited May 2019

I bought Ash right away and I was the first who demanded a removal of the perk. The Perk is BS and utterly broken. See my original thread here -> MoM needs to be removed

Again: There are NO counters against this perk!!!

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

I’m gonna be honest; I don’t see what the fuss is about. Really. MoM isn’t even worth running since it’s benefits outweigh its perks- it increases one’s chance to be obsession- easily countered by insta-downs, moris, or the fact that in order to stay safe, they need to stay injured.

Granted, the extra hit it gives survivor is annoying, but I wouldn’t say it’s OP like old DS- it’s strong? Sure, totally, but it’s not even worth running in my opinion, since I almost NEVER get use of it.

The aura makes it easier to track survivors, giving them a powerful advantage, but at a huge cost. DS could be used at anytime with its original state, but it is a niche perk in general that encourages aggressive survivor play. And I’m all for the aggressive survivor shift in the devs eyes (Like CI) but that’s Ash’s only good enough perk. Run Mad Grit if you have issues with people with it bodyblocking. Run whispers to track survivors. Run Bloodhound to see their pools of blood if they’re running IW.

There’s plenty of ways for MoM to be countered; and even if four people are running it they’re usually not going to heal, which is a HUGE advantage to the killer because at that point it’s usually the survivors last hook when MoM activates (if you don’t slug).

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

@Watery MoM is extremely strong near/on end-game. Aura reading will not always triggers, since you have to let the SV go after you've hit the MoM activation. If you down them right awy, there is no aura reading. So the one tiny downside the perk has, wont be available 99% of the time.

THERE IS NO COUNTER AGAINST MOM!!!!

Play Billy/Huntress/Myers Tier 3/Bubba isn't a counter

Use NOED isn't a counter

If MoM is activated and ready to use, while the SV is injured nothing, I'll repeat NOTHING will down them. Read the bloody description of the perk and see how it works.

MoM needs to go, pure and simple.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I've never seen so many bullshit replies in one thread. You people supporting MoM obviously never play killer.

And as expected, completely ignored by the devs. Cheers!

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110