Massive List of Killer Perk Changes

13»

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Do you have any suggestions for PWYF? I have an idea but I wanna hear your suggestion first! :)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Tbh that's one of the few I'm not too sure on. I thought about keeping it very similar to how it is now except awarding 2 tokens every time you let your obsession go. Each hit against one of the other 3 survivors costs 1 token and as long as you have at least 1 token you will have the 5% increased speed. Currently the cost of needing to find your obsession and choose to let him go is highly situational and costs more than the value you're gaining even when it does happen. We either need it less situational or stronger when that situation does arise.

What's your idea?

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

no thanks

• legion_main

@Blueberry

Because a lot of these are already fine as is sure I saw a couple I thought were fine but you kinda overdid it with some of these perks

• Blueberry

Most of those perks see little to no play at high ranks because they are not viable.

Which perks do you think I overdid? I could see still tweaking some.

• legion_main

Im not gonna list all of them but like

NOED: is way to strong as survivors basically have to get 6 generators done instead of 5

Huntress Lullaby: having it activate as a perk that NEVER goes away is super strong especially against someone like 3 gen doc

Thrill of the hunt: Too strong for high mobility killers such as spirit,nurse, or hillbilly

Spies from the shadow: you would just be able to see pretty much everyone at all times probably making it a meta perk

Like i said im not gonna list all of them but you should think about how each perk would effect each killer not just one or two of them

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@MandyTalk can you close this plz?

• Blueberry

And why would it need to be closed? Someone new posted and I responded to them.

• legion_main

@Blueberry instead of map wide I would make it terror radius wide for spies from the shadows

• Blueberry

"NOED: is way to strong as survivors basically have to get 6 generators done instead of 5"

Well currently with 5 gens the killers don't have nearly enough time for their objective so is 6 IF they choose not to cleanse totems really that bad?

"Huntress Lullaby: having it activate as a perk that NEVER goes away is super strong especially against someone like 3 gen doc"

It ONLY activates if the survivors choose to destroy the totem. It may activate very late in the game or not even at all. Even if it does activate AND happens to get to max tokens, are those skillchecks really that hard to hit? Most people wouldn't say so, even on Doctor. Also, Doctor is quite low tier anyway, he could probably use a buff.

"Thrill of the hunt: Too strong for high mobility killers such as spirit,nurse, or hillbilly"

If they are guarding their totem they aren't watching the gens, even on a high mobility killer.

"Spies from the shadow: you would just be able to see pretty much everyone at all times probably making it a meta perk"

Choosing not to run through crows is quite easy. Not to mention the person could even run Calm Spirit to counter this entirely.

"Like i said im not gonna list all of them but you should think about how each perk would effect each killer not just one or two of them"

I feel like I have. Most the exception killers you listed wouldn't be too abusive with these changes to be an issue.

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Have you read the perks current description? It's ALREADY larger than the killers TR and is complete garbage, ran by no one.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

cuz you spam bump alot so that youre post can be in the first place so ppl look at it spamming youreself on youre own post its just bad

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Please link where I have a "bump" on my page.

There are zero bumps left on my page and my discussion is completely following the Community Guidelines.

• legion_main

yes it would be bad because what if the three random gens that activate is a three gen the killer can guard? then the survivors would almost certainly be screwed

you can force people to activate the hex by running ruin or devour hope with it still making it really strong

they would only need to guard the totem anyways if that totem is ruin so it would basically just buff already strong killers

the problem is no one knows what perks the killer has so even if survivors became cautious around this perk it would just promote boring immersive gameplay

A lot of these perks can be left alone because they can hold their own as is (not necessarily the ones I mentioned) but if anything try to focus on perks that actually need buffs

• Blueberry

"yes it would be bad because what if the three random gens that activate is a three gen the killer can guard? then the survivors would almost certainly be screwed"

I disagree, 3 gen strats can be handled and keep in mind this is also because the survivors CHOSE not to do totems. It's entirely up to them.

"you can force people to activate the hex by running ruin or devour hope with it still making it really strong"

And so what if they do? Even at max stacks it is easily manageable. I can work through a 5 token Lullaby way easier than a Ruin and people work through Ruin on a regularly basis including myself. Those skill checks are not hard to hit.

"they would only need to guard the totem anyways if that totem is ruin so it would basically just buff already strong killers"

What are you talking about? Only low ranks are running around trying to cleanse Ruin anyway. Smart survivors don't even try to cleanse it, they just work through it quite easily.

"the problem is no one knows what perks the killer has so even if survivors became cautious around this perk it would just promote boring immersive gameplay"

I think you're vastly overestimating how powerful a location ping is. It's not worth much. I also don't think immersive game play is boring. I would say circling pallets for 5 gens is boring. Like I already said as well, just run Calm Spirit and his perk is worthless now as well.

"A lot of these perks can be left alone because they can hold their own as is (not necessarily the ones I mentioned) but if anything try to focus on perks that actually need buffs"

Most of these perks need buffs. Hardly any of these can stand on their own, they are quite weak. If they were strong people would be using them, they aren't.

• NMCKE

Here's my PWYF suggestion: Thoughts?

• legion_main

I stand by what I said

alot of people I know use lullaby and say its really strong and I use it myself sometimes and I can agree (im in red ranks btw)

but we all have our own opinions on things so Im not gonna argue further

• Blueberry

So in a roundabout way similar to what I was mentioning? Except the obsession is also sharing in this haste affect and your percentage is much higher. Only thing that worries me here though is that the haste % might be a tad high and lasting too long. I only say that because it doesn't have much counter play for the survivors. At the 12% and even 8% you would be zooming lol. I usually think it's healthier when the counter play is changing your playstyle or using different perks from the survivor. This doesn't really have any of those. Any ideas for some small counter play you could add to it? Nothing big. Or maybe even just lower the %.

That said, I wouldn't completely count it out yet. It would be worthy of a PTB test. The average killer perk power level across the board is below par so even though this seems higher the average bar does need to be higher so it's worth a check out.

• NMCKE
    edited May 2019

I honestly think this is fine where it's at because there is already counter play. The Obsession just needs to keep themselves hidden and if not, just don't get hit so the killer doesn't get their PWYF. Furthermore, the speed difference on the Obsession remains the same, while other survivors have a larger speed difference. So after you attack the Obsession, it's a good idea to just ignore them since you will get more value from chasing non Obsessions.

Edit: However, I wouldn't mind if the Obsession had blue perk icon showing them that they are affected by PWYF. This will let them know to hide and avoid the killer.

• Blueberry

Well that's counter play from the obsession but nothing in the control of the other survivors. They are left helpless to hope their obsession teammate isn't stupid. We'd have to see though in the PTB, the numbers might be just fine. This is one of the few perks I just wasn't sure what to do with.

I'd like to post my one for survivors but I don't feel this one reached the devs so it feels like it might just be a waste of time.

• NMCKE

I mean yeah sure, but if the Obsession is experienced, they could use the perk against the killer. For example, if the Obsession gets hit and the killer leaves, the Obsession can repair a generator without interference. If the killer chases the Obsession, then the other survivors aren't being threatened by the increased movement as well.

• Blueberry

Maybe add a little caveat as well then that if the obsession is hooked all haste is lost for both of them?

• NMCKE

Hm, what if you lost haste from PWYF over time? It's okay, if you don't like the idea, but I don't like the hook idea either because then PWYF will be STBFL where you have to ignore the Obsession.

• Blueberry

No I actually do like your idea. We'd need to test it in the PTB.

I'd like to think of something better for NOED as well since people still don't seem to like the idea I listed but I'm not sure what else to do with it. Ideas?

• NMCKE

@Blueberry

NOED is a special case because if your teammates are lazy, you can get punished when you try to take one for the team. I do have an idea, but I need to hear your opinion!

Hex (No One Escapes Death):

You're fueled by the power of determination si much that it calls upon the Entity. For every totem remaining in the trial:

• The collapse timer is reduced by 8/10/12 seconds.
    • Gain a 1% movement speed increase.