How the Pig Could be buffed in a small way.

Hello, the title might've been confusing but here's the thing.. In the Saw movies The bear traps automatically kill the survivor if they don't get the trap off in time so here's my pitch.

1) Revert the Pig back so that traps kill survivors at exit gates

• This change would help the Pig cause more pressure on the survivors.

2) Make it so the E.G.C. timer is slowed if there is a Survivor with a bear trap on.

• This change would help the survivors with bear traps on to get the trap off so they can leave and survive.
  • This Change will help The Pig because she can still hunt the survivors even tho E.G.C has started.

So this would be balanced for both The Pig and The Survivors. I hope this Balance feedback helps and if anyone would provide feedback in the comments below that would help the Devs to see your ideas as well ^_^

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This suggestion has been pitched many times prior. Whether the devs like the idea or not is not something we currently know, I think.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Yeah, at low ranks she's good, but in high ranks she's a C Teir killer. So I hope the Devs comply with all of the Pig Players, because even her add ons (and sometimes) her perks are so weak so this change would help =P

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I like your changes but even with these she's still weak. She needs her crouch and ambush improved.

• Micheal_Myers

True, True. Ambush needs more of a lunge. and her crouch needs to be maybe slightly faster.

• Demian
    Demian Member Posts: 89

I think, skill checking when survivors search boxes should be more difficult. And her ambush should be able to run a little longer.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I actually think what ambush needs is the sound removed from it. The crouch doesn't need more speed, it needs its view point to be raised to match her actual height, it's currently very limiting because of how extremely too low it is. If you increased the speed of it no one would ever be uncrouched which isn't its purpose.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited May 2019

Pig traps DO kill survivors at exit gates, they just have to actually be ACTIVATED(in other words a generator has to be completed). You can completely avoid survivors NOT dying with bear traps on by putting the bear traps on them before all the generators are powered.

Also I don't feel like a survivor would have enough time to get a bear trap off their head(unless they're lucky) AND get to the exit gate in 3 minutes, unless they had it on their head before the generators were powered, which is basically what you're asking for, the bear trap on their head to be active when the generators are all powered.

In addition, how would this change put more pressure on survivors? The game is already done, the end game collapse has started, which signals THE END of the game. This would only put pressure on ONE survivor who got unlucky enough to have been downed between the time the generators were done and the start of the EGC. This would also make people likely just leave anyone with a bear trap on their head to die instead of saving them from the hook because they're likely gonna die anyways. One survivor would have two ticking time bombs to deal with, and if I was in that situation I'd probably just kill myself on the hook, because then no one would have to choose to save me, and potentially give the pig more kills.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited May 2019
    1. The RBTs DO kill survivors at exit gates, they just have to be ACTIVATED. This requires a generator to be done. There's a simple solution to this, put the RBT on survivors before all generators are powered.
    2. The EGC is the trigger of the END of the game(the game is already finished, the EGC is just to sound the bell for the end of the game and make sure there's no abuse cases), players already have a ticking time bomb, why would you give them two? If they managed to get out of RBTs before the collapse, or even got all the generators done before managing to get one on them, why should they have another ticking time bomb on top of the one they already have?
    3. If your buff came to life, no smart survivor would save a person who got an RBT on their head at the end game. They would leave them to die on the hook, and if I had one on my head at the end game, I would kill myself on the hook because there's no way I would have enough time to search 5+ boxes all over the map in 3 minutes AND make it to the exit gates. This would keep more people from dying to the pig by being an idiot and coming to "save" me, and would ultimately render your "buff" useless, aside from ensuring you got a kill that you likely would have gotten anyways.

TLDR, don't put RBTs on people's heads after all generators are powered and this whole problem is gone.

• Micheal_Myers
  • Micheal_Myers

Well here's the thing tho Jigsaw's Bear trap requires the "key" in the movies so putting on the RBT should work like exactly in the movies -shrugs- Pigs just too weak IMO. but good feedback! ^_^

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I agree with this, more or less.

The fact that you can't put RBTs on people's heads after the generators are done IS the problem. If you don't like the idea of slowing down the EGC timer, just have it paused while someone is wearing an RBT instead. That way, the Endgame basically plays out just like it did before the Endgame Collapse was introduced.

• Micheal_Myers
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited May 2019

it wont happend i said many times like this similar post they wont buff the pig in the endgame reason its she will patrol her boxes but also in some maps like the swamp its huge that the time to get rid off while the EGC timer goes down will take alot of time and you couldnt even reach the exit game but also pigs will tunnel the living hell of the survivor that got RBT

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I think that Pig's crouching needs some love.

I'd say increase the movement speed to the crouching (maybe to survivor running speed?) so she can stealth around a lot easier. Increase the duration of the Ambush to make short loops more dangerous. Removing the insidious screech gives survivors less time to react.

• Micheal_Myers

But, it also could work... she can't keep an eye on all Jigsaw Boxes and on all survivors plus, the proposed fix is to Pause the EGC Timer so they Survivors won't have to worry about the timer until the RBT is off.

So to fix this "Large Map issue"

1 Survivor RBT: 25% Slowed Down EGC Timer

2 Survivor RBT: 50% Slowed Down EGC Timer

3 Survivor RBT: 75% Slowed Down EGC Timer

4 Survivor RBT: 100% Slowed Down EGC Timer --> Paused Timer

This Issue has been addressed already and there are many ways to fix this incompatibility.

This would make The Pig more of a threat & Would also cause more pressure on those who have M.o.M or any other add on that could escape fast. (Keys would still work as normal so once 1 person dies Hatch Spawns Automatically (That's what I heard at least correct if wrong)).

But thanks for feedback!

• Micheal_Myers

Yes the crouching bugs the heck out of me. But here's why:

-Disconnects... Once crouching, ambushing, then picking them up. If they disconnect it bugs out the Crouching feature where your POV is equal as if you were standing. It is unknown if this means if you are standing to the survivor, but you still get the slowness from the crouch but if you "Stand" after that bug your speed is normal.

-Speed, Speed is key in DbD I'd say crouch should be 50% of a Survivors running speed. but even that may be too much.

-Detection Perks, Being silent is pointless if you will be found out sooner than you wanted. But, currently there's no way to fix this lol. Maybe a EXTREMELY Rare Addon that makes the Pig undetectable even with Perks? [Does not apply to Aura Perks]

But good Feedback!

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I've never heard of that dc bug for Pig. Sounds really odd.

The speed for crouching definitely needs to be looked at. She should have at least a little mobility while crouching.

What if Pig couldn't be detected by perks while she's crouching?

This would also affect OoO like the way you can't see Freddy unless you're asleep. You wouldn't be able to see her unless she's in normal stance.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

Honestly just buffing the speed a little wouldn’t make it like that and instead of having the sound removed, delay the roar till she’s literally about to charge.

• Micheal_Myers

Yeah that DC bug happens in rare circumstances.. I had it happen like 3 times lol.

And that would be good to make her more scary =P

Good feedback =P

• Micheal_Myers

Actually that would be nice maybe at 85% of the Ambush charge it makes the roar?

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

Yes! This wasn’t my idea though, I heard it on one of Truetalent’s pig sessions. I honestly thought it was such a simple but good way to buff her. Her roar happens too early and gives them way too much time to react.

• Micheal_Myers

Yeah I agree, its just so loud and takes so long, that the survivors could just run and doge before you even strike =P

• Psycho04
    Psycho04 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021

I agree with the ideas above and a lot of the ideas in the comments, however I would hope the devs at the very least make them addons if they won't make them actual changes. Her addons need improvement anyways. Also, I want the exit gate deaths back because it kinda makes the Saw chapter less of a Saw chapter if people can escape with traps on their heads.