Rank Rewards / Leaderboards

Ranking / Leaderboard system-

A lot of complaints have been made, and rightly so, about the current ranking system. Not necessarily pertaining to the way you get pips, (as I feel the current system is much better than any previous system we've had), but on the actual ranks themselves. Currently the only reason to reach rank 1 is to brag, to get the achievement, or to stream snipe. I think that there should be a leaderboard where the top 100 killers and top 100 survivors are listed (based off any range of factors), and the reward would be bloodpoints, cosmetics, shards, and/or cells. We could also make the ranking system more elaborate. Possibly you could have from 100 to 10,000 points, or perhaps just more ranks. This would make it easier for new players to join Dead by Daylight as they wont be faced against experienced players as often. This would also more than likely prevent DCing. I believe we should also make rank reset bi-monthly or possibly even every 3 months with this change. Rewards for top 100 could be handed out weekly, monthly, or every reset.

I'm sure this idea has floated around this forum already, and if so feel free to direct me to the post. Also if the devs have commented on a more sophisticated ranking system or rewards for ranks, please show me / let me know 😊

Comments

• Remi1993
    Remi1993 Member Posts: 88

I agree with you, they should add rewards for that.

I mean really, many people try so hard to earn that RANK 1 and every 1 month it resets? Why it resets if WE dont get anything from that? Just wasting again time to be rank 1 and get nothing? Please devs give us rewards...

When rank resets then we should get a reward.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I'd leave it as "Every Reset, Rank 1 gets 500,000 BP, Rank 2 gets 475,000 BP... all the way down to Rank 20s who get a participation prize of 25,000 to thank them for apparently just buying the game"

The grind is the least fun part of the game. Anything that helps alleviate that is appreciated, whereas cosmetics every month or auric cells just means BHVR will hemorrhage money and lack time to improve other aspects of the game.