The Emblem System Serves Absolutely No Purpose

Leatherbilly
Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

This is why the Emblem System has almost no correlation with how well you did. If someone's just cheesing players, they won't rank up and can continue to cheese players anyways.

Post edited by Leatherbilly on

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited May 2019

They changed things like hanging around hooks too much can lower your emblem progress, or other such things.

How fast was this match btw?

• Leatherbilly
    edited May 2019

I know they did, I'm saying they shouldn't have.

I mori'd the Obsession with 3 gens left, game took about 4 minutes.

EDIT: Five gens took about 4 minutes in total but the final person hung on hook for a while; felt it'd be dishonest to include that. The game effectively ended in 4 minutes.

• Leatherbilly

Not to be sarcastic, I'm just genuinely curious if this is seen by BHVR as the system working as it is intended.

I don't see either of these games as losses to be quite honest.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

You need to hook people as many times as you can to pip. It is how it is. Get used to it, only use mori after the second hook.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

5.2/10 for me

• Leatherbilly

Why do killers want to 4k all the time?

• Leatherbilly

Golden Malicious and Iridescent gatekeeper, so I clearly pressured, but I had the audacity to use my power, so I safetied.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

We all know this feeling very well. Right now rank doesn't mean anything in regards to player skill. It's just a measure of how often a player completes a specific task within a match. Some of which are completely out of the player's control... Excellent design as always.

• Leatherbilly

Another 4k safety where I clearly pressured as hard as was physically possible, even indicated by this poor system itself.

• Leatherbilly
    edited June 2019

Few more I forgot to upload. Hope I got my message across that it has no correlation with results in any capacity whatsoever.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

The way the Devs have the game judge us Killers (yes, it honestly feels like judgment) is ridiculous. Best example, I had two games where I played as Trapper. Ended up both with a 2K result. Both games lasted just about the same, had one with 3 SWF, where two were higher rank and a bit better than most Survivors I face. The other maybe was a 2 SWF, but was on one of my worst maps for me and so I ended up potatoing a lil.

But same result of killa, jus about the same game length...one was BARELY a safety pip, the other snagged a pip up easily....I mean...what kind of design is that? Feels flawed as heck. I feel the older system was better, because the requirements at Green and Purple Rank feel ridiculous...Red Rank requirements are ludicrous and why I do not aspire to ever aim for Red Ranks (I'm more Green/Purple material anyway).

Survivors on the other hand, I play half seriously,,sometimes perkless or with one Perk and end up piping or double piping doing not nearly as much as Killer needs to,for the same results...

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

The emblem system is there to make both sides "fun" for the other team, because playing efficient will hurt your rank.

(The same was just implemented with execution exp in deathgarden as a side note)

Kill all 4 but because they all died on first hook after an instant down you dont get good score.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Yeah Gatekeeper shouldn't carry as much weight. If you're a killer, kills and sacs should matter more. Not if you hit or not hit a gen. Even chasing them off should count more too. The game will make you choose whether to chase a survivor or hit a gen that may or may not get powered by the end of the game if you care about pips.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited June 2019

if you're 4k depipping on any killer who isn't billy or myers you're probably a really boring killer

gatekeeper and chaser should get some tweaks though

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373

I have been hating the emblem system since it was implemented. I hate it about equally with end game crapla.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Be glad, now you can play the way you like (killing people) knowing that you are skillful and not rank up too fast. If you want to rank up just play killer's with high emblem gains and just basically farm with survivors as emblems expect you to.

Ranks still just represent your willingness to farm/bend your gameplay to unoptimal plays to get more points and how often you play DBD and not your actuall skill.

• Leatherbilly

4k, nearly depipped.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I agree with @Mochan and that sums it all up.

--

I didn't think I like the leaderboard idea when I first heard about it awhile ago, but the leaderboard would be better to gauge players ability since you could compare Trappers to Trappers... and Survivors to Survivors. I hope they get this done when the dedicated servers come out.

--

I think they should then take that emblem system and use that as a bloodpoint scoring system, to incentivize players to play the way BHVR would like them too. I think many players respond better to more bloodpoints than being the best of the best.

Then they can drop WGLF and the bloodpoint bonus on BBQ.

• tovelo
    tovelo Member Posts: 40

There's nothing wrong with the emblem system. Stop camping and tunnelling and see the results.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I'm here to destroy survivors, not to make sure they have fun and as many escape opportunities as posible. You can take your pip system and... keep it for yourselves.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
    edited June 2019

The only thing that bothers me is why the Emblem Bonus XP is so unnecessarily low.

"4 Iridescent Shards? Have fun with your 18 XP, #########." - Entity

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I just had a match where I was the only red survivor, there was a green survivor, a purple survivor, and a yellow rank survivor - against a purple rank killer.

How can you justify making ranking harder when you do not even respect rank brackets?

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

Useless. Just like Ranks.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I literally got a 4k, one person I lost and bled out, but the other 3 were killed on hook, 4 gens left, depiped. I regret not getting too survivor rank 1 because I feel it's impossible now.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's not impossible, you just need to treat it like another full time job (like some streamers) and hope to get lucky with the other survivors you randomly get teamed up with constantly across all ranks since the ranking system does not respect brackets that often.

Or just roll with a 4 man swf - they don't have to be good, just dependable and not DC.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Let's just go back to the 2 kill system.