Live Q&A: Post your Year 4 questions here!

Options

Comments

• cristalcaos
    cristalcaos Member Posts: 17
    Options

are there any plans to lessen the grind?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

So, we got a new mechanic in year 3: The End Game Collapse. Now, knowing this, will there be a new mechanic in year 4 to add a new objective to make games last slightly longer? Preferably, it isn't another holding M1 type of thing.

• Rynj
    Rynj Member Posts: 13
    Options

Will the battle pass be purchasable with iridescent shards or auric cells? Or is it planned to be a stand alone purchase?

Also in other games that implement a battle pass you can basically earn the next seasons battle pass by completing the current season. Will this practice be implemented for the DBD pass?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Is there anything you have learned from creating deathguarden (both versions) that can be applied to dead by daylight?

• xmidnitejokerx
    xmidnitejokerx Member Posts: 26
    Options

How will a game like dead by daylight be carried into the next gen of consoles? We are likely to start seeing the next gen of PS4 and Xbox sometime in 2020...would you guys have to create brand new ports for the new consoles, or is this something that can’t be answered until you officially get hardware specs and info from Sony and Microsoft? Also curious if we would have to buy the game again for the new consoles and basically start progress over since there is no kind of cross platform way to carry over our accounts at the moment.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Are there any plans, or even just ideas, to add a "custom" game mode, or any new/different game modes.

I've seen a lot of requests about a few in particular.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2019
    Options

Since map reworks are in the pipeline, any chances you can add more dinamic elements (like Gideon Meatplant's doors) to existing ones that don't have them? I think they add more flavour and it's funny how they make people change strategies on-the-go

Also, I always wish for crows and the fog to be more impactful on the gameplay (just for example, imagine if denser fog allowed survivors to hide better but at the cost of reducing the visibility of the red stain).

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

is dedicated servers getting closer to release?

• hex_no_head
    hex_no_head Member Posts: 2
    Options

If loop reworks are happening so that survivors learn how to play pallets better are we also removing bloodlust from killer for the exact same reason? Also, if MOM is getting nerfed then will we be nerfing NOED? They both get extra hits that were not earned and do not help either side learn to play the game.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Options

PS4 solo survivor queue times are taking long. Any plans on helping out with that?

Thanks.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Do you guys think that the maps rework will help a M1 killers?

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    edited June 2019
    Options

Dear devs.

Thanks for the awesome 3 year anniversary stream, it was amazing to see everything you're working on!

So here's my question:

The Nurse is by far the strongest killer in the game by default, even without addons she's stronger than most killers, which is why her having range and extra blink addons seem a tad unfair as they're hard to counter.

Have you ever considered giving the Nurse's addons some rework? Making her max amount of blinks be 3 (with the help of an ultra rare addon) and reduce the range addons. Cause come on, 4 and 5 are impossible to play against as a survivor and being able to go to the other side of the map within seconds is a bit too strong with perks like MYC.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595
    Options

Given the expectation of arrival of new players from the announcement of the Switch and Mobile versions of DBD, and given how complex DBD has become in the last 3 years (from 3 killers to 16 killers, all with different powers, from 21 teachable perks to 99, addition of different currencies, new maps, status effects, totems, obsessions, End Game Collapse, etc.), do you have any plans to extensively update the tutorial so that newcomers won't feel overwhelmed and be more willing to stick with the game?

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    Options

When Freddy is reworked will there be an indicator for him of when he is 'flickering' during micro-sleep so that he can take advantage of the flickers for mind-games.

Current Freddy can count during the dream transition to know when he's flickering and use it to mind-game or move sneakily, but it doesn't seem like that will be possible in the rework if he's always flickering.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

With the addition of future detection and stealth perk/powers, will the team revisit how base mechanics like terror radius or the red stain influence matches?

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited June 2019
    Options

Not specifically about the plan, but one I had a long while ago and already asked 2 times

But when the survivors bones are snapping in the end game collapse. Where did y'all get that sound/How did y'all make that sound?

EDIT: Come on man, why the vote down?

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on
  • A9F6
    A9F6 Member Posts: 91
    Options

Is no killer updates at all this year? (Not meaning freddy rework) I mean more like little tweaks to add ons for certain killers or tweaks to say pigs RBTs or anything like this? Will there still be perk changes?

• I_am_final
    I_am_final Member Posts: 36
    Options

when do you guys plan on nerfing metal of man

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

Totally fix infinite loading screen when?

• dyondekat
    dyondekat Member Posts: 9
    Options

With the Freddy rework, will the current add-ons I hoarded be safe?

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Options

In regards to the Enduring and Mettle of Man changes coming, will we be seeing balance corrections in the Ghostface chapter release?

• Kev19915
    Kev19915 Member Posts: 117
    Options

Hello,

I understand left 4 dead is owned by valve, and valve owns Steam. Hence why Bill is currently only available on Steam. Have you contacted valve about adding Bill to console? Did they say no? 

Thank you!

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

So it was said that no other Killer would receive reworks or major updates until Freddy got his, now that ma boi is finally getting it what Killer is next? Or is that still a thing that the team is interested i doing?

It's the year of the Pig so I think she should be next :)

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

What do the developers do with the data collected from the "rate your match" responses given at the end of matches?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

When will you modify the 2-Token bonus on Hex: Devour Hope?

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
    Options

Why not make a custom survivor since you couldn’t get the movie license. You made up an original backstory for ghost face. So why not an original character concept as well?

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2019
    Options

Sometimes, playing survivor alone feels like a punishment to myself, and there is evidently a lot of built up animosity between solo players.

Has there been any progress, whether conceptually or in testing, with balancing the difference between solo and SWF gameplay?

• YaNestea
    YaNestea Member Posts: 86
    Options

Can we have Kate’s old voice back? I miss her old voice and it fit her character, I really don’t like her new voice. Can we at least have it in consideration?

• LennySlime
    LennySlime Member Posts: 4
    Options

Are you going to make chapter concept contest?

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited June 2019
    Options

About the changes on map philosophy and distribution of pallets, will the changes benefit some weaker M1 killers? Is buffing those killers at high ranks a priority for the team atm? (they're pretty bad at red ranks).(I value watching good players more than kill rate stats atm because of dcs)

• WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127
    Options

Can we see Frederick's new addons? Or at least some of them?

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158
    Options

Do you have any plans to fix dc issues before dedicated servers come? or we have to wait until this fall (dedicated server)?

• Fetular
    Fetular Member Posts: 1
    Options

Please crossplay between pc and Xbox would be thrilling. I think It must be done, It amplify the community and later PS4 + switch

• zimer
    zimer Member Posts: 119
    Options

will you add a theme music, personal terror radius for every killer?

(just like myers)

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2019
    Options

Question: Are Legion add on's that affect the bleed out timer being changed to be relevant?

Context: Due to bleed out timer add on's having become irrelevant (such as Frank's Mix Tape & Stab Wounds Study) because the said timer only goes down when they are outside of the Killers terror radius and it is safe to mend.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Now that Legion's power got changed, do you have any other unhealthy game mechanic you're gonna work on next?

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

I suppose that during the whole year there will be "Gameplay Balancing" therefore my question is ... will the trapper or another killer change to improve?

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    Options

Ghost Face can get in lockers?

• Sulith
    Sulith Member Posts: 5
    Options

Are u planning too actually look into the killer lunge? Cause in Q&A on Youtube from august 30 you said that the topic of fixing the killer lunge was in the box as "unnesserary things".

• ezra
    ezra Member Posts: 4
    Options

will you be changing how exit gates spawn? i cant tell you how many times the hatch has been closed on me and the gates were on the same wall or same corner. with end game collapse, it’s just not fair to the last survivor.

• Martino
    Martino Member Posts: 8
    Options

Are player STATS coming somehow this year?

• TheScarletPotion
    TheScarletPotion Member Posts: 46
    Options

in relation too the battle pass will the cosmetics involved with the pass be exclusive for that battle pass only? and will you be able to unlock the cosmetics after the event in any other way or will we miss out forever?

• Onyx
    Onyx Member Posts: 214
    Options

The archive is supposed to offer BP rewards as well, are they substantial enough for the game to not feel as grindy as it currently does, or is that just the first step in a longer process of adjusting grind so it's not as harsh and obvious?

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148
    Options

Will mobile version be free to play and how will buying dlcs work?

• alexvoin
    alexvoin Member Posts: 5
    Options

Are ghost face can be detected by detection perks while he in a stealth mod? And if yes will it going to drain his stealth mod?

• AndRaxius
    AndRaxius Member Posts: 45
    Options

Can we expect any lore-based events to take place in conjunction with the upcoming Archive feature? The Hallowed Blight was really well put together and provided not only an insight into the workings of the Entity's realm, but also some of the coolest skins in the game.

• Teapare
    Teapare Member Posts: 12
    Options

Will we get some more information about Benedict Baker at the Archives?

• PietroGostosao
    PietroGostosao Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    Options

charm is just a cosmetic or is something will help us in the game, like a perk?