Live Q&A: Post your Year 4 questions here!

Options

Comments

• CookieDog
    CookieDog Member Posts: 8
    Options

While in the realm of the entity, is there a possibly that there will be a sort of free roam lobby to socialize with your team while waiting?

• Liam2102
    Liam2102 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Why did you decide to rework Springwood first ? i think there are other maps that need the rework more than Springwood.

btw. I love the Year 4 Roadmap :) Expectations are high.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Because (if I'm not mistaken) the father death robes that Ghostface originally wears in his films is also a licensed product by fun world, will we ever see this as a wearable cosmetic in game?

• NeonArrow
    NeonArrow Member Posts: 1
    Options

Are you considering bringing back Legacy or adding a new variant of it?

• Edon
    Edon Member Posts: 1
    Options

Will you ever have add any Twitch Prime items?

• BillSimmons
    BillSimmons Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74
    Options

How set in stone is this year 4 roadmap?

I understand that the switch and mobile releases are set as well as the new chapters etc.

But will we possibly see a second map rework or dedicated servers before the expected dates?

• CrashDango
    CrashDango Member Posts: 1
    Options

Do you have any idea of what price level we can expect the "battle pass" to cost?

• Aluna
    Aluna Member Posts: 66
    Options

Will the Atchive explore The Killers back story more like The Survivors?

I'm super excited for more lore and story. Thank you!!

• Caeruleus
    Caeruleus Member Posts: 56
    Options

Is Chapter 14 not going to have a new map?

• Jackikins
    Jackikins Member Posts: 66
    Options

What were the other itterations/versions of the Freddy rework that didn't make the cut?

• MikeyIsh
    MikeyIsh Member Posts: 6
    Options

I am a player who lost legacy prestige items back in 2017 due to progress reset bug, i would like to know when can i expect to get them back?

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    Options

Why there is no month marks on the roadmap at least? This roadmap is zero, nothing. Balancing marked on the whole year. Dedicated servers is 3rd of the roadmap. So it will be in live phase within 4 months? Party management will arrives at the start of chapter13? I hope you see what is my problem with it. It is nothing else, just a bunch of promisses.

• agc8602
    agc8602 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Are there any plans on updating or modifying the way the Struggle mechanic works?

Playing with arthritis, it's the worst thing about the game to me.

• Australian_Satan
    Australian_Satan Member Posts: 12
    Options

How can you purchase the battle pass? Will it be iridescent shards or auric cells or either?

• ZombyKillr
    ZombyKillr Member Posts: 4
    Options

With the game growing tremendously (which is something I believe everyone is happy about), are there any plans to enable a cross-play between PC & Console? Many fear this will put Console players at a disadvantage, which is why it could be an optional feature. Console players can choose to either queue with only other Console players, or a mix. I have many friends that play this game on both PC and Console, and one thing I'm always asked by them is whether or not the game will ever allow us to play together.

Thanks so much for everything you've done so far, this game has been a blast!

• Pigster
    Pigster Member Posts: 137
    edited June 2019
    Options

Are you planning to change/adapt the pig to the egc? Her nerf wasn't necessary and for the endgame, its painful 😖

Also are there any alternative good reworks to mettle of man? If mom just counts through protection hits, the farming would be become insane and as solo survivor its the hell🙈

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

When can we expect to see changes to address the ever increasing grind in the game?

• Cosmic_Hoodie
    Cosmic_Hoodie Member Posts: 2
    Options

Are you planning on doing any more big perk reworks (like the sloppy butcher or dark sense changes) for some of the weaker perks (play with your food, slippery meat, etc.)

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150
    Options

the mobile version of the game will be available outside google play and price will be same as the steam/console editions?

• Frizzo22
    Frizzo22 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Will there be a graphic improvement/update?

• notthebasement
    notthebasement Member Posts: 19
    Options

When we get lore in the archive, will it be only for a few characters each time or will all the characters get something?

• chetnator
    chetnator Member Posts: 5
    Options

Crossplay?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Will perks like Spine Chill and Kindred work against Ghostface? His power seems to heavily rely on survivors not knowing if he is nearby.

• Superpablog
    Superpablog Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 66
    Options

This new chapters, will be "Survivor+Killer+Map"? Or just 2 of them will have it?

If the answer is "No" or "Not all", these "incomplete" chapters, will be chapters or paragraphs?

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128
    Options

Was there really enough Positive Feedback in those Surveys you sent out with the question about "Battle Passes," to ignore all the very Negative Feedback and potential backlash?

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

Why not get us the actual Ghostface with a survivor?

• AggressiveBanzai
    AggressiveBanzai Member Posts: 1
    Options

Whats the plan for years to come when there gets to be a significant amount of killers and survivors/perks? Do you have plans to balance all of that? Or will you have an 'in' and 'out' rotation that other games utilize?

• Remki
    Remki Member Posts: 24
    Options

This isn’t necessarily important but more for fun. I was actually wondering if when Dwight was made, was he meant to have a bit a resemblance to Mathieu?

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options

Do charms do anything or simply cosmetic?

• PilarAsp0923
    PilarAsp0923 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Will there be possible crossplay? Will there be a beta for the mobile version for dbd?

• BoredByDaylight
    BoredByDaylight Member Posts: 113
    Options

Will you be introducing any new game modes to DBD in Year 4? i.e anything from as small as a 'Casual mode' without ranked play to anything as huge as Hide or Seek or Infected style mode.

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    edited June 2019
    Options

Will Freddy have the fake pallets AND dream traps in his base kit?

Freddy main- “ Please say yes”

Also if not then is there a range for his teleport ability?

• SillierHorizon5
    SillierHorizon5 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2020
    Options

Nvm

Post edited by SillierHorizon5 on
  • tater__thots
    tater__thots Member Posts: 1
    Options

Why can killers see survivors/survivor items in the lobby? That's why we get things like killers dodging the P3 Nea.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

With the successful relaunch of Bloodgarden, we DBD players have noticed that many of the things we asked for in DBD, ended up in Deathgarden. Are there any plans to bring some of it's features to DBD?

• Wobbit
    Wobbit Member Posts: 3
    Options

Would there be a way for players to keep track of achievement or trophy progress added to the game? By which I mean a player “scorecard” showing how many times that player did a specific action.

• CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Member Posts: 54
    Options

A while back, there was a post about Dying Light needing change because it was common thought that the perks was too focused on tunneling among the team. Are there still plans to do that or do you just not care anymore?

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

When is the Legion rework/update coming? After Freddy gets updated he will be the worst killer by far.

• therewillbecake
    therewillbecake Member Posts: 4
    Options

Can we have an account sync feature so that way, when I buy the game on a different platform, I don't have to go through all the grind again to get back what had on previous platforms?

• Retrovision
    Retrovision Member Posts: 1
    Options

Will there ever be an island resort map where instead of running away you escape onto a boat?

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283
    Options

Do you have plans on making the game more atmospheric and scary? i.e thicker fog, darker maps, scarier music, etc.

• Ranthe
    Ranthe Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hey there!!

Was curious to know how you felt about the current status of " Generator Tapping While in a Chase " A survivor could be in a chase and can simply click on the generator to stop its regression instantly, this is a very quick action that hardly slows down the chase and ultimately defeats the purpose of kicking it in the first place. Could it be possible for the Killer to at least cause a small percentage of damage to the generator to accommodate for this?

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

Why did you BUFF MOM?

• SpiralThoughts
    SpiralThoughts Member Posts: 1
    Options

Are any new shirtless cosmetics planned for year 4? Say, Shirtless Dwight, or Shirtless Jeff. This is not a troll question!

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Some time ago I asked for new ways to get bloodpoints and you answered that yes. Is the rift or the challenges those new ways?

• WindshieldWiper
    WindshieldWiper Member Posts: 7
    Options

Could you tell us more about the Rank Rework?

Devs said "new Rank Rework is comparing killer to killer, trapper to trapper" does that mean killers have their own specific killer's ranking? or maybe it's just a metaphor?

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 662
    Options

This may be a bit more of a repetitive question, but have you guys ever considered reopening moderator positions for both in-game and on forums? I'm interested in hearing about this, because I've noticed that a lot of problems here on the forums as well as in-game spawn without immediate attention to them.

• seagl3e
    seagl3e Member Posts: 24
    Options

Has anyone looked into adding more optimization options> eg. changing the resolution ingame 1080x720 that sort of stuff or updating the settings to allow more options in general? its 2019 now.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited June 2019
    Options

What are your plans to nerf certain things in extreme scenarios of high level play? Insta heals keys, ebony moris, certain addons are alright-ish in low skilled and low rank games, but become extremely insane in hands of experienced players.

This also includes to balance out swf vs solo.