Does Anyone Else Have A Strong Hatred For The Spirit?

2»

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You should’ve told us she was being nerfed! And then admitted you were joking. :)

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

all her purple addons are ridiculously strong, passive phasing is a pretty ######### mechanic (especially considering the killer has no control over it, so when u get confused at a loop by it you feel cheesed by the game, not outplayed by the killer), there is no "mindgame" or "50/50" as people like to call it, the spirit is in complete control, it's only about how good the spirit is at tracking scratch marks and sound (admittedly, sounds are broken this patch so that's harder to do), not how well the survivor can evade her, that is irrelevant. imo, shes 2nd best, far beyond billy because you can't loop her power, and if the spirit is a decent player you have very little counterplay to work with. so yeah, I agree with u OP

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Spirit shouldn't be changed at all before we have a long time with sounds working as intended. It's impossible to assess her actual power with sounds being broken.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

She can be extremely frustrating to face though. I do believe she excessively takes agency away from survivors, but not enough to be broken. And some perks legit cuck her so hard.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

I like her design, visual, story ect.

Survivors don't like Spirit, because they can't just braindead loop her. She makes you guess. She is not the greatest but unpredictability often works in her favour.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Don't be mean to my Phasey Girl🥺. She has feelings.😰

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I really enjoy playing as her, but I can agree that she can be irritating to face for a lot of people. The only thing that I can't stand while facing her is her being able to collide with survivors while she's phasing. It feels really cheap. Other than that I don't mind facing her.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

spirit has no counterplay

i played spirit for a daily yesterday with subpar perks and was amazed at how easy it was

if you have a good pair of headphones you're a good spirit player

• Awakey
    edited June 2019

@miaasma

No! Not at all. Learning to phase mid-chase is one of the most difficult things to do in the game. I play spirit regularly at red ranks and I still mindgame myself often. She is the second hardest, debatably the hardest killer in the game to play.

Edit: Stealthy Survivors are her worst nightmare. Iron will completely screws her over. I think even Stridor can throw you off, making you think a Survivor is closer than they are.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@miaasma you probably didn't face good survivors then. I use a build (without Ruin obviously) and I had to learn routing, mindgames, when to predict a survivor and when to go right behind them, whether they'll drop a pallet or not while I'm phasing.

I highly doubt you versed good survivors.

• miaasma
    edited June 2019

you don't have to learn mindgames because nothing about spirit is a mindgame

stand still and look at what the survivor is doing, react and phase, then use sound to track

you aren't mindgaming the survivor because they have no idea what you're doing. they have no tell. you're making them guess and hope you screw up (which you won't, if you have a good set of headphones)

spirit isn't hard at all, and she's made worse by busted purple addons

i'm going to get an aneurysm from the amount of people who think spirit has anything to do with mindgames

if you want a killer who actually has to do with mindgames try huntress

• Awakey
  • Poweas

@miaasma all wrong. Standing still and tracking them like that almost never works. They usually run to a window and then you have to waste your phase going around. Although, yeah she's not much of a mindgamer, she can create guessing games, where you have to try to predict the other side.

She's hard as hell at base (how I play her) since one missed phase can spell a defeat. And that's no exaggeration. But you're right about the mindgame bit, I should have said guessing game since she can create them to make all loops unsafe.

But no, she's not easy. You faced bad survivors.

Also with Huntress, I actually happen to main her, I don't speak about it much, but she's one of my favourite killers.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

I only hate Prayer Bead Spirit. It's fun to use when I'm her, but it's never fun to go against.

• miaasma
    edited June 2019

i faced survivors i knew weren't bad

the thing about spirit is that survivors have no input in interactions with her. ergo, survivor skill doesn't matter. you do equally well against good and bad survivors

once you understand how her mechanics work and how she's best played (phasing short distances mid chase and playing with your ears) she's piss easy, and there's a reason most spirit mains are potatoes on every other killer (same with nurse mains). spirit doesn't really have to abide by the mechanics of the game and if you have a good audio setup she effectively just plays herself

• Awakey

@miaasma

Go watch ZubatLEL, Ardetha, or ANY OTHER God level Nurse play another Killer, and then tell me your opinion.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I don't hate her but I'm not a huge fan of playing against her cause if she's a good Spirit, you'll just die, can't do much really.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

That's a bad cop out at best. Read her lore and you see she rode her bike home and immediately heard her mother being killed.

So you're either suggesting that, just because she has a uniform at work, she rode a pushbike home through the streets in nothing more than bandages with a bike seat wedgie, or she got home and went "Hey Dad, can you hold off on murdering Mum while I just strip almost naked? Thanks."

No part of her lore suggests any reason she would be next to naked when she died. Nor is there any reason to strip her. Hell, the entity took Ash NAKED and clothed him.

So yeah, there's a massive difference between the blatant fanservice of an almost-naked teenage Japanese girl being used as complete weeb bait, and a crusty old half-cannibalised woman with her fried egg swinging around.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2019

@anarchy753 She was slashed by her Father then fell through a window after having seen her mother cut open. She was still alive so her Father continued cutting her up. If she wants to be half naked then let her be half naked.

Plus, ghosts and the like, often adorn the clothing they wore before death.

• Poweas

@miaasma you're literally saying that to a person who plays Spirit because he has mastered every other killer. Except Billy, but Billy is a headache.

I think we'll agree to disagree since we have such different opinions.