Why Does Borrowed Time Exist?

Options
2»

Comments

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
    Options

LOL Try not tunneling maybe? Just hit the survivour that unhooks, he unhooks, you hit him again, hook him. Repeat until 1 or more are dead lol.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

the perk is fine now, it was broken before. After exit gates are opened?
    get NOED, it's the only viable thing that can punish gen rushing right now. nothing you can do with 4 gens in 3 minutes, ruin active and no BNP/ 1 common toolbox
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh17g7TIhU0&t=13s

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@MagV3 said:
    You guys have camping stuck right up your ass, never did I even mention anything about camping yet it k> @Runiver said:

@MagV3 said:
    Right, except for when survivor 1 takes the hit, survivor 2 and 3 are body blocking and then prevent you from hitting the unhooker the 2nd time.

Then it's called teamplay. You can totally hit the rescuer twice, once before he unhooks, then after he unhooks, in most cases. If they actually manage to prevent that, they did decent teamplay.

For how dedicated you are on these forums, did not expect for you to be a survivor apologist. The discussion is pretty over, I'm just going to go ahead and start running NOED. Once a lot of the aforementioned Q&A nerfs come into play and once surviving isn't brain dead easy with very little danger or stress to actually prevent yourself from getting a pip then maybe some of these situations won't pop up anymore.

Camping wasn't done in this game by the way, which is why they all 4 escaped. If I had camped I'm sure 2 kills easily could've been secured. But the killers too often play nice and by the survivor rules. Just found the situation pretty OP and came to share what just went down. I get it though, theres 4 survivors to every 1 killer, they're all deathly afraid for the game to get balanced and it will always be an uphill battle for the killers as 80% of the population are on the survivors side for continuously having easy game experiences. They're so incredibly scared that they even talk trash to perkless first time killers, its like they're complaining the game wasn't EASY enough for them. Pathetic.

I'm not a "survivor apologist", I just accept that some power is awarded by perks, as it should be, if they're used at the right moment and the right timing.
    I also don't see any issue with you using NOED. NOED is a fine perks, with counters as well.

If you choose to deliberately not camp everytime, you do not play killer optimally. It's your own fault for not getting optimal results if you force yourself into "hard mode", because you looked for it. The best way to snowball in the game as killer is to be non-readable. To camp at times, to not camp at times, to stay in between and push people away sometimes, just to be time wasting and hard to read. If you systematically "don't camp because you're fair", you're just playing with a handicap, and it's your own fault for losing, mostly because survivors managed to make you feel bad about camping, or because you do not have the kind of patience to come back at a hook and expect results from it.

I'm not saying the game isn't survivor sided tho, I'm just saying BT is rather fine, as perks should be useful but not overly strong, and I think BT is fine now, unless perks such as SB/DS.

You're quite drifting from the original subject to make your point now, but saying "Hey, the game is survivor sided, so X" to justify anything you dislike doesn't do any good.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Runiver said:

@MagV3 said:
    You guys have camping stuck right up your ass, never did I even mention anything about camping yet it k> @Runiver said:

@MagV3 said:
    Right, except for when survivor 1 takes the hit, survivor 2 and 3 are body blocking and then prevent you from hitting the unhooker the 2nd time.

Then it's called teamplay. You can totally hit the rescuer twice, once before he unhooks, then after he unhooks, in most cases. If they actually manage to prevent that, they did decent teamplay.

For how dedicated you are on these forums, did not expect for you to be a survivor apologist. The discussion is pretty over, I'm just going to go ahead and start running NOED. Once a lot of the aforementioned Q&A nerfs come into play and once surviving isn't brain dead easy with very little danger or stress to actually prevent yourself from getting a pip then maybe some of these situations won't pop up anymore.

Camping wasn't done in this game by the way, which is why they all 4 escaped. If I had camped I'm sure 2 kills easily could've been secured. But the killers too often play nice and by the survivor rules. Just found the situation pretty OP and came to share what just went down. I get it though, theres 4 survivors to every 1 killer, they're all deathly afraid for the game to get balanced and it will always be an uphill battle for the killers as 80% of the population are on the survivors side for continuously having easy game experiences. They're so incredibly scared that they even talk trash to perkless first time killers, its like they're complaining the game wasn't EASY enough for them. Pathetic.

I'm not a "survivor apologist", I just accept that some power is awarded by perks, as it should be, if they're used at the right moment and the right timing.
    I also don't see any issue with you using NOED. NOED is a fine perks, with counters as well.

If you choose to deliberately not camp everytime, you do not play killer optimally. It's your own fault for not getting optimal results if you force yourself into "hard mode", because you looked for it. The best way to snowball in the game as killer is to be non-readable. To camp at times, to not camp at times, to stay in between and push people away sometimes, just to be time wasting and hard to read. If you systematically "don't camp because you're fair", you're just playing with a handicap, and it's your own fault for losing, mostly because survivors managed to make you feel bad about camping, or because you do not have the kind of patience to come back at a hook and expect results from it.

I'm not saying the game isn't survivor sided tho, I'm just saying BT is rather fine, as perks should be useful but not overly strong, and I think BT is fine now, unless perks such as SB/DS.

You're quite drifting from the original subject to make your point now, but saying "Hey, the game is survivor sided, so X" to justify anything you dislike doesn't do any good.

I agree 100%
    The old BT was to strong. It gave both survivors the 15 second shield. Allowing for braindead hook rushes.
    Now survivors have to at least think a second, before rushing for the hook.

A good killer knows when to camp and when not to camp. You can´t win all games.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    Options

Camper detected You know exactly why BT exists!

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    MagV3 said:

Its such a skilless perk it makes no sense. You're full hp so you come in and take the hit and you and your buddy have 15 seconds to run away. Meanwhile your 2 other buddies body block and out the gates you go. Do survivors really need more free escape tools?

The perk was better before they changed it.
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Gunmech04 said:
    MagV3 said:

Its such a skilless perk it makes no sense. You're full hp so you come in and take the hit and you and your buddy have 15 seconds to run away. Meanwhile your 2 other buddies body block and out the gates you go. Do survivors really need more free escape tools?

The perk was better before they changed it.

He'd be really pissed playing against prenerf BT, lol.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Pre-nerf BT was vile. One of the few Perks I actively hated. It made hook rushing so much more common. Everyone involved gets a free escape. Lol.

It feels balanced now. It's helped me on the Survivor side, especially getting out of the Basement, and I don't find it too oppressive on the Killer side. You just have to always consider it in how you treat your hooks. Camp or don't Camp, Patrol or not, you need to be aware that it's possible it could proc if you come back to the Hook.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Cypraz said:
    Camper detected You know exactly why BT exists!

If the killer is on the map, he´s a camper

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255
    Options

O__O why does Bloodlust exist? yet? xD

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Why is this even a crying subject?

Borrowed Time is a great perk and its balanced. Perfect.