Nerf GF range(lunge)

Seriously! Everytime I face a GF and dropped a Pallet when I and he was CLEARLY on each side,he hit me.No not every comnection was bad ... even my friends say that his range is incredible.

Comments

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

I forgot to say that this happens if he exposed someone.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

it have same range if your ping not low enough than drop or vault quicker

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited June 2019

I have a friend who thinks killers other than The Shape have different lunges. ALL ARE THE EXACT SAME. (Shape EW 3 is longer, EW 1 is shorter)

I don't get it, but it's possible that the animations are whats making them feel different, as this has been an issue for past things.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@blue4zion In the past they had diffrent lunges (because of the their ms).

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

@Kikki A quick strike is almost instant. If he's in front of the pallet and he swung right when you threw the pallet, he'll always get a hit.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

With THIS knife? Know I askung me for what are Pallets and Windows still here if you always get hit

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

It's the same as all the others, dawg.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The lunge range is the same as everyone else it just appears to be longer due to him being smaller than most other Killers. This is why people believe Freddy has a longer lunge range too.

• AStupidMonkeyy

@Kikki The weapon itself doesn't matter. The game uses hit detection. Short swings are instant. The weapon itself is just purely cosmetic and makes it look nice but serves no real purpose.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

It just looks longer depending on the weapon. Like Freddy's lunge he is shorter so it looks like his lunge is a mile long.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Freddy’s lunge isn’t different either

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    edited June 2019

In order to balance things all killers have the same lunge, GF having a short knife can make this look weird, because it has the same range as Trappers machete, Wraiths bing-bong axe or billys mallet. Its the same.

The game dosn't code an actual hitbox for the weapon, there is a box in front of the killer, when you attack anyone in that box registers a hit, and the game then tries to line up the animations, in a game of chases, where there is always a set time that a killer can catch up and get within range of a survivor, it has to be this way, can't be any different without completly reworking the entire chase mechanics. Hopefully dedicated servers should solve a lot of this.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

As people have said besides Michael until 1 and Tier 3 every killer has the exact same lunge.

Previously used to be based on the movement speed meaning killers with 110% movement speed had a shorter lunge range.

It's also why they changed the animations up so it's a little bit more understandable when you get hit especially from Killers like Freddy and Amanda who typically have very short weapons so a lot of people were getting confused as to why they were getting hit even though the weapons didn't touch them.

• Venomoriginal
    Venomoriginal Member Posts: 9

Hag after teleporting and Nurse after blinking have shorter lunges or rather they can't properly lunge.

Used to be Huntress and Hag had shorter lunges because of their lower movement speed. I think they changed that with Spirit chapter.

The rest (beside Michael in EW1 and EW3) were and are always the same.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
  • AStupidMonkeyy

@Venomoriginal Nurse can lunge normally like any other killer after blinking after Spirit update but Hag still gets the short end of the stick after teleporting because she has no momentum for a lunge.