Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are Laurie Mains Hated so much?

2»

Comments

• I actually am a Laurie main and I can say a lot of people just don’t like her because some aren’t toxic and it’s because of decisive strike and object of obsession because you can see the killer and nobody can’t

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

It's probably you the same reason why some of us Legion mains are hated.

People tend to remember the the negatives and frustrations of decisive strike and simply apply that to every Laurie they see.

Hell if MoM was as prevalent of an issue for as long as decisive strike was you will probably get the same reaction to Ash mains all two of them

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

If she has OoO equipped, I have to make sure she dies immediately else the swf she's in knows what I'm doing always.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2019

Btw, i think the scars created by Decisive Strikes ache every time they see a Laurie. 🤭

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Ironically I just gave hatch to a Laurie going for an adept right before reading this post. I almost didn't want to because I was playing Ghostface but I did it. Then a Nea got mad at me saying I should have given hatch to her cause she was more "skillful." She had BL,DS,UE,Adrenaline and skeleton key with a weaved ring...

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I always associate Laurie's with DS. Got some real nasty PTSD from back in the day. Using OoO doesn't help either, as many killers will assume you're the designated looper and won't treat you the best. Combine that with the DS thing and yeah, things won't go well. And if you're going against a stealth killer, that's basically a guaranteed facecamp.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Laurie is not a problem. Anymore. But there was a reason once upon a time why people disliked her. It primarily has to do with ds back in the day - Lauries were usually the really good loopers with a bright white flashlight at pallets. Now, she’s relatively harmless but OoO still exists and unfortunately if a killer sees OoO they’re not going to think “aw they’re going for the adept” - they’re going to assume you’re out to make them miserable. Like the olden days.

Tldr; it has to do with Laurie’s toxic history and now it has nothing to do with Laurie herself but with her OoO.

The toxic Lauries of yore have mostly moved to pink Nea I noticed, although some still exist to tarnish her good reputation.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I'd say it's the old DS, but I only started grinding Laurie levels AFTER DS was nerfed, and got her to P1.

I am a laurie main now, but her history makes it clear why she's hated though...

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Laurie mains have a reputation for always packing Decisive Strike. Killers hate DS.

In addition, anyone packing OoO will get the killer's hatred no matter what, because OoO is associated with toxic ######### survivors who want to loop the killer all game.

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

Two words: Mom Jeans

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

Because of the old DS... that perk was legit BS

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I don't really notice anyone being particularly mean to my Laurie. I wouldn't say I main her anymore. But she's prestige 3, and she was my first survivor, because Halloween got me into the game. I still play her regularly.

I will say this...as killer she is probably one of the easiest survivors to spot. Her bright blue pants and shirt give her away most of the time making her easy to find, chase and follow.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Decisive Strike naturally. Killers usually associate popular perks with their character of origin.

It's like Ash when Mettle Of A Man was first released. He was tunnelled in to the earth's core.