The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are fine and fair.

DarkGGhost
DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

If you disagree give me the reason why.

Comments

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@DarkGGhost I disagree with that part. Face camp and mori spam are also fair and countereable (the rest of the sirvivors should do generators)

• DarkGGhost

The reason i say face camp and mori spam is not fair is that they don't have counterplay. Tunneling learns loops, use ds ( even tho i hate those things). Camping uses BT and doesn't rush hooks. Slugging use unbreakable.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Yes if you want to win they certainly work, although I'd rather have a fun match for everybody than win.

I could condone those actions when facing toxic survivors, then it's all fair

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

"fair", insofar as not being an exploit, sure

that's not the same as balanced. that's a whole other topic of discussion, and not what this thread is about

• RoKrueger

@Warlock_2020 I see the survivors as a team, not as 4 individuals. If one of them is being camped or mori spamed, the rest of them have a huge window to complelte generators and escape.

When I say "Don't get caught" I mean "Don't be the easiest to catch of the group" that will increase your chances to escape because a smart killer will go for the weakest link first.

• DarkGGhost

This i will call it face camp so it's not fair by my rule book. And why camping, tunneling, and slugging is not fair. I could say looping is not fair either.

• Dr_Smith_
    Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

What is the counterplay for the hooked survivor then? He'll lose the pip and time. Also he'll not get many points.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Well lopping is toxic, there are loops where you can't catch up until blood lust 3,unacceptable!

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,276

@Dr_Smith_

deliverance if his team cant get to him, could also combo this with DS

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

In a team based role you're willingly putting your survival and score in the hands of others, that's just how it is. If you died because you were proximity camped then that's on you for being caught and your team for being unable to rescue you. As Survivor you're part of a team, not just an individual.

• Dr_Smith_
    Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

You can't activate it, if you are the first facecamped survivor.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@darkgghost Looping is the only thing survivors have once seen by the killer. Looping is dumb, but it has nothing to do with fair. If you want to talk about unfair things vs killers, then talk about coordinated SWFs that harass the killer throughout the game. That is more like it. But, by your standards, that's fair and legit.

Seriously, don't confuse a legit game mechanic, with fair. It is a very weak argument and one that comes from a pretty boorish mindset.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Mori spamming is absolutely not fair. It only has one real purpose: to grief someone into disconnecting.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,276

@Dr_Smith_

If someone can get ya with BT, they pretty much swap spots with you, and then THEY can get themselves out using deliverance.

• RoKrueger

@Dr_Smith_ Sucks to be that guy. Try harder next time so you don't be that guy ;-)

• RoKrueger

@Warlock_2020 Then we are in agreement. If you don't want to be the camped survivor you just have to be sneakier or loop better than the other survivors. That way your chances of escaping will increase

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@RoKrueger Nice try, but you know as well as I do that once you lock on, there is little a survivor can do if you want them down. So, not exactly easy to counter. Add in a decent tunnel off the hook and easy Mori. Move to next guy, likely the idiot who saved the first. It is all a game of chance as to whether the killer is sharp-eyed enough to see you. I don't call that a counter.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

I will agree with you about camping.

But I will NOT agree about Mori spamming. Why do you seem to be ignoring the people that are tackling you about this?

• RoKrueger

@Warlock_2020 If I am facecamping a survivor, the best thing the other survivors can do is complete gens and leave. Those 3 survivors will have made more points that I did. If you don't want to be that survivor, be harder to find and catch. Of course, the rest of the survivors are welcome to try and save their friend. 7/10 times I get to kill one or two more :-D

• DarkGGhost

First SWF needs a lot of nerfing in order to be balanced. Second, no one has a problem with one loop the problem comes when there are 2 or 3 loops so close that the survivors can run there and have no danger.

• TAG

Griefers don't care about their strategy being weak. They only care about making sure one or more people have the most miserable time possible, preferably with a disconnect. Mori spam is only good for that exact purpose. It is a scummy thing to do.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

if you think making survivors want to DC is a "strategy" i would highly recommend taking some time away from this game

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited June 2019

They always have been and the survivors have the power to punish both strats and make them non viable.

Of course the emblems mean punishing is bad for survivors but it is what it is.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Look dude point blank my objective is to kill you. I'm not letting an injured survivor off the hook period. If I find you, I will at most down you again. If there's no DS, I'm most certainly going after that hooked survivor to down and rehook him. I'm not letting you escape period.

If you piss me off, I will camp you. I don't care about rank anyways. I want you out of the game and I will make sure you are out.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I mean, the primary objective of any game is having fun.

Obviously no one should get reported or punished for camping or tunneling, but I firmly believe it's the devs job to make game design changes that punish antifun strats as much as possible.

Yes, this also includes making depip squad strats less optimal too because no one likes facing survs that spread out around the map and finish gens before you can do anything.

Punishing that stuff should be a game design thing not a player behavior thing.

• TAG

@Peanits , think we can get some clarification on BHVR's stance regarding mori cancelling on someone until they disconnect?

• RoKrueger

@TAG I thought you were so sure of your point of view. I respected that. Sure @Peanits give us your opinion

To clarify: I agree that spaming UNTIL a survivor disconects is surely griefing. Failing to complete the animation a couple of times and they incidentaly disconect before you can complete it is not. Are you telling me that all those pre-nerfed Legion players were grievers? I don't think so

• RoKrueger

I don't deny that it serves my objective if a survivor disconects early in the match. If I can subteltily trigger that response on people who are prone to that, I will. Be it start the mori animation a couple of times, hit them when they are on the hook, camp them, etc

• Mänzel
    Mänzel Member Posts: 73

Why does everybody hate slugging?

What is so bad about it?

• RoKrueger

There is nothing wrong about it if you are playing as killer.

It makes it harder for survivors to escape if there are only two of them and you slugg one so you deny the opening of the hatch. That's why it is hated by survivors

• Tarvos
    Tarvos Member Posts: 8

Of course. I'll use my deliverance so the killer can insta-down me cause he's literally right next to me. How could I not see that.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Your feelings are just that though, your feelings. You feel its scummy, but objectively it isn't as if you've played killer enough you understand that Bubba can't really handle the large maps this game is known for. He's always been more of a defensive killer so basement plays are highly optimal for him. He's really the only killer that benefits from using insidious. People feel it ruins the gameplay experience, but objectively this sort of scenario is what the game on paper was expected to create. People would really benefit from playing both sides and seeing the entire picture.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Why is facecamping in your opinion unfair and "normal camping" fair? What is even your definition of fairness?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Tunneling isn't wrong camping isn't wrong their in the game so they are valid tactics calling tunneling and camping wrong would be like calling looping an exploit.