The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are fine and fair.

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691

Is the bleed out timer active during mori spam?

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106

Pretty sure everytime the killer spams it the timer is paused.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

it's overpowered, toxic and frustrating to play against

it's worse

im doing it too because using it as a strategy do get a momentum

but it sucks and shouldnt be a thing tho

• Pierpalle
    Pierpalle Member Posts: 23

I personally mori spam with the nurse at rank 2, move my head up and down, hit the last survivor on the hook while i say yes with my head, i write gg ez after every match. As a survivor (rank 3) I t-bag, especially at the exit gates and point at the killer but i never ever ever dc because i don't like it.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I do what I have to do to win. I play as different killers. Playing the same ones over and over is boring. I'm Rank 4 right now. I switch to Billy, Spirit and Nurse against SWFs but then I go back to rotation if only 2 are SWFs. I don't follow rules that someone else dictates if they don't really exist but it's formed to make my life hell.

I've said it before, if I just hooked 1 person 2-3 gens are already done and BBQ tells me all 3 are on gens far away and my Ruin is gone, I'm camping. You just took my ability to 3 hook everyone away. I'll take my loss and try for a 2-man. Usually what happens, I get hook swarmed and end up 3-4 manning instead. If 1-2 gens are left, Ruin is gone and no one is dead, I'm tunneling the ######### outta someone.

I refuse to lose horribly for being nice. If you DS me after I hooked 1-2 other people and managed to get you still in the 60 seconds, I'm tunneling and camping you to death. You got your free escape. I try to be fair but if it comes to me getting steamrolled, well, I can be a pretty wall to your escape, Bud.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    edited June 2019

If you have a perk like insidious, you have to respect camping, there's a few situations where camping is more than fair, it's a legit strategy.

The first situation where I think it is fair, is when the generators are powered and the killer has just hooked someone, especially if the killer is having a bad game.

The second situation, is when a survivor is hooked in the basement.

The basement is a killer's feeding ground, it is the one area of every map that survivors should avoid being close to. So if a survivor is hooked in the basement, you have made a serious mistake to end up there.

Bubba's basement is a viable strategy, sucks for survivors, I know. But if I end up hooked in the basement, I can only blame myself for being close to it in the first place.

Tunneling is annoying too, but there are perks to counter it (Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time etc.). It depends how well I am doing as a killer for me to decide whether tunneling if worth it, but if a survivor unhooks someone and I am less than 20 metres away, then I will definitely down the injured survivor. I might not hook them though again though, depends how well I am doing.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

First the counterplay you can win a camper but not a face camper ( especial a doc face camper). Second, you can call camping when the killer hooks you between 3 gens.

So in the end fairness is the number or counterplay for me, for you?

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I agree mori spam is wrong...

Thou I'm not beyond using all the pallets on the map out of chase just cause...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@RoKrueger

Mori spamming is considered as holding the game as hostage. Why?

Imagine you was going to mori spam someone for 30 seconds, just for fun. The survivor who's being mori spammed might think you're going to do this for hours - they don't know how long you're going to mori spam. Therefore, they DC out of fear that you'll hold the game as hostage.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You can't mori spam for longer than 4 minutes. Before, the bleed-out timer didn't progress, but now it does.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

I didn't know this. If this is true, then the Killer is just wasting his own time in that case.

• Orion

Why do you think such a thing is not bannable? When I get slugged with no hope of escape, I just go AFK.

• weirdkid5

Slugging isn't the problem.

The problem was that Mori spamming made it near infinite and forced a DC. If this is no longer the case, then mori spamming is just a worse slugging.

• Orion

Mori spamming isn't possible without slugging, so I just grouped the two together. I go AFK in either case.

• weirdkid5

Before mori spamming paused the timer which is why I categorized it as hostage.

• Orion
  • Orion

It was changed in patch 1.3.0, on December 6th, 2016. So roughly two and a half years ago.

• weirdkid5
  • Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

If you're tunneling and camping, but then turn around and complain about getting "gen rushed" you know why you got "gen rushed". That's all I gotta say.

• Ttwylerr

So basically it's ok to waste 4 minutes of a survivors if a killer chooses to. Being able to waste a killer or survivors time like that definitely needs something done about it.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

We can argue about it forever. I hate being camped and tunneled and hate when it happens to my team because they suicide or DC. That said, it's up to BHVR to discourage this kind of play. They gave the killer less points if they camp, does anyone ever notice this? Sure hasn't discouraged the behavior.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So being cheap is fair? ROFLCOPTER

• Orion

Indeed, the second sentence is my opinion. I can only surmise the first is yours, since I didn't say anything that could even remotely be interpreted as what you wrote there.

• Ttwylerr

You said it's possible to mori spam a survivor for 4 minutes and considering how toxic players like to act that can easily happen.

• Orion

Yes, I said that to correct the bizarre claim that it could be done for hours. No more, no less.

Since the opinion in the first sentence of your previous comment didn't come from me, and I'm assuming you didn't click "Quote" on the wrong comment or you would've admitted it by now, the opinion can only be yours.

• weirdkid5

The same can happen without a Mori. All the Killer needs to do is just stand over and camp the downed guy

• Apackawolves
    Apackawolves Member Posts: 65

Mori’s are easily countered by the most toxic build in the game, which is the sabo build. There is nothing in this game that is more toxic than a swf group playing sabo at red ranks. Unless they take 4x toolboxes and telegraph what they are doing in the lobby there is literally no counter play. You can’t hook them, you can’t slug them, and if you camp them they gen rush you.

• Ttwylerr

I've seen enough responses from you to other users to know how you feel towards survivors so yes I do believe you are ok with wasting a survivors time for 4 minutes.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited June 2019

@Orion waste 4 minutes:

We can also bring. Dying Light, Corrupted Intervention, Pop Goes the Weasel, and Thrilling Tremors.

• Orion

I think it's slightly unpleasant, but not as big an issue as you make it seem. I've had to deal with longer unskippable credits that render my computer unusable for their duration, since if the game is out of focus, the credits won't roll.

You can believe what you want, but the truth doesn't depend on what you believe. I said nothing that you pretended I said, that is the truth. And despite what you or anyone else might believe, the truth is that I practice what I preach. A few examples:

Slugged with no hope of survival? AFK.

Penultimate survivor and got hooked? Suicide once the last guy has found the hatch.

Last survivor and got caught? Don't wiggle, just let myself be hooked.

Problems with stealth killers? Use Premonition (currently switched with Alert).

Being camped? Make sure to waste as much of the killer's time as possible.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Fair? Maybe. Fun? No. Not at all.

Stuff like this makes the game worse.

I'm a Survivor who doesn't use DS, doesn't abuse infinites, doesn't use insta-heals and isn't toxic to the Killer. Do you think it's fun to play like that against a douche Killer that camps and tunnels you? No, it's not, and I don't want to play with DS / Insta-heals just so I can have more chances. I don't want to play like that because I consider it scummy and unfun. The only time I would consider going SoloQ is only with DS and a purple insta-heal in my hand because of Killers like that.

The same could be applied to Killers. Killers who don't tunnel or camp are met with Survivors that are incredibly toxic. And those Killers don't want to tunnel or camp because they find it scummy and unfun aswell. But in the end, they are forced to.

• weirdkid5

Sorry bud but I don't use DS or instaheals either and I have 0 issues with camping or tunneling.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

The killers in DBD are essentially playing a single player game. It's not much different than how nobody cares if they're being "fair" to the zombies in resident evil or if the hollows in dark souls are having fun. The goal is to be the only person moving at the end of the game, I don't take it personally.

If they go out of their way to tease and irritate me as if I'm not an NPC, then it's kinda sad. But they've probably just had a streak of crappy games and needed to vent, so still nothing personal.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

As I said, shouldn't be reportable, shouldn't be bannable, shouldn't be encouraged or allowed by game design either,

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

you think getting mori spammed for 4 minutes is "slightly" unpleasant?

• Yikes_A4K83
    Yikes_A4K83 Member Posts: 30

Camping, tunneling, slugging, basement builds, BBQ, Ruin, mori spam, noed are all fair just as keys, adrenaline, instaheals, swf, d-strike, dead hard, borrowed time, tool boxes, stuns, flashlights, pallets, looping with many more on both sides. These are the game mechanics. They are fun, the fear of being the one abused and stomped each game, it's what causes the thrill. Y'all's "balance" is not not engaging in terms of gameplay, sorry.

This is a game where there are 4 survivors against a killer. These characters are controlled by people. Would this be an authentic horror experience if people weren't allowed to play like people?

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

I agree but, I don't ever really camp until end game because its the only leverage you got.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Yea it is only slightly unpleasant because one can go get a drink get some snacks put something in the microwave idk just leave the computer for 4 minutes and you'll be ok.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

They aren't really fine or fair, but this game is meant for fun, so do what you want, long as you aren't trying too ruin someones fun by being toxic.

• miaasma

i feel like you guys aren't understanding the irony in telling somebody to literally leave their computer for several minutes because they're unable to play the game due to another player's actions

• KillermainBTWm8

I mean if you can't stand to leave your computer for 4 minutes because you know that you are dead anyways and the person will continue to do this just to spite you then I don't know what to tell you. The last time I was mori spammed was 6 months ago people rarely do it.

• miaasma

it's incredible to me that you'd rather defend mori spamming for 4 minutes and tell people to just deal with it rather than admit that it's griefing behaviour despite literally admitting that you should just get up and leave your computer as it happens. if you cannot understand that then there's not much point in continuing the discussion

• KillermainBTWm8

It is griefing behavior don't get me wrong but it's for 4 minutes if it was something that actually was consistent and could be done every game and wasted ALOT of your time then I could understand but it's something that happens every blood moon and you'll eventually bleed out.

• miaasma

4 minutes is a lot of time to just be doing nothing, especially since the bleedout timer was made to be the way it is for a reason and mori spamming artificially extends it

it goes beyond "slightly annoying" when you have to get up from your computer

i don't think this really needs to be explained

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

If I'm playing survivor and you camp or tunnel as your only strategy, alright, fair game. However, think of it this way: when I see you on survivor and I happen to be your killer, do you want me to apply these same tactics to you at -all- times regardless of the situation? Play the game however you want, but bear in mind that some people will pay you back tenfold if you go out of your way to make their experience miserable just because you can.

Do camping and tunneling have a place as tactics that should be selectively utilized? Yes. Should they be your main strategy in every game? No. A killer with little confidence in their ability to catch survivors employs these strategies without reason or restraint, even if it makes no sense and nets them maybe one kill.

There are times where you need pressure really badly, and maybe you're trying to capitalize on the altruism of survivors (camping) or trying to get a fast elimination to slow down generators (tunneling). Temper your use of these tactics with wisdom, because doing it too often can and will cost you games against experienced survivors.

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218

Yet nobody complains about Survivors who camp hooked team mates for unsafe un-hooks.

Hmmm.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Good for you.

I got them almost every game. I got sick of it, so SoloQ is a no for me.

• Orion

Go make yourself a sandwich. Problem solved.

Mori spamming has not extended it for two and a half years. And 4 minutes is too long? I have ADD and I don't think it's too long, so what's your excuse?

• miaasma
    edited June 2019

yeah, just get up and stop playing the game while somebody holds your character hostage for several minutes. this isn't them griefing you, trust me

this is absolutely not the hill you want to die on, fyi