We need more people vocal about Legion.

Nobu
Nobu Member Posts: 139

Watching Tru3ta1ent is so frustrating....for the wrong reasons.

Watching him play Omega Blink Nurse...

Watching him play Gen Grabber Spirit...

And the Devs had the balls to say that Legion's addons were too powerful?!

This drives me nuts!

With Legion's addons it took what, THREE HITS TO DOWN?!

Why was that so OP?!

No I'm not asking for these killers (or any other with OP addons like huntress) to be nerfed!

Just pointing out the pure BS that BHVR gave us for nerfing one of the weakest killers to the state that it is in.

When will BHVR actually acknowledge what they did to Legion???

@not_quen

@almo

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I don't know if we get ever a honest answer to this or similar questions.

Still, if they are brave enough to do their part, so that they undone enough things, I willing to forget and to forgive^^.

• Talmeer

I had appreciate their answer, but still, the answer that was given was not satisfying as you already metnioned.

Imo, for all the things they nerfed and also that they nerfed the Legion more as any other killer, far as I know - the answer was not universal enough and imo sometimes also a bit... to far away from the reality, we as Legion players had to face, to the pre patch times (something like no counterplay is imo just a phrase thrown in from a few lazy survivors pre patch Legion times).

I think, I know why they nerfed the Legion like they have, and if I am right, I can understand why they gave no honest answer to that, but a answer is one thing.

For what I am really waiting for, is a news message there they announce to undone a few things.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

Legion is fine.

• Talmeer

If you like m1 killers, or an boring game as survivor^^.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

I don't like playing against trappers. The sound when a trap goes off is too loud.

And Legion is not a m1 killer, he has a skill like any other killers.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It's because there was no counter to it. Chases were essentially on a timer.

• Talmeer

Ahm... When I am allowed to ask then... Why could some survivors then counter the Legion?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Tell me the counters to a Legion exploiting his Deep Wound power. Last I checked there were none.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

They did change Legion to help prevent the exploits and now ur arguing against it.

Missing a stab with frenzy is an extremely pathetic thing to happen. If you can't land it, you don't deserve to keep frenzy

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2019

Ok. We get Devs wanted a killer who tried to counter all of those 5 points. He only does 2: Hook blocking and locker jukes and that is with his perks. Gen rushing is still not counterable. Co-op speed bonus is not necessary because when survivors seperate they finish 2-3 gens at the same time which is faster than co-op, and also deny Legion his power. Now your 3rd point is what Legion did before. The terror radius change made it so that moonwalkers can't anymore but now deep wounds is a joke. As soon as you go and look for other survivors, they will start mending right there on the spot or continue working on the generators, because it's not a threat. Freddy's power at least half their action speed and gives you aura reading AND they have to fail a skillcheck to stop that, which also means if they were on a generator all of their progress when they were in the dream state is regressed. And deep wounds... you just continue working on the gen till legion is away 32m. Feral frenzy is pointless now, all you do is get the first hit on the person and anybody dumb enough to stay nearby (32m tr) then chase normally. I can't see legion played seriously even with Monitor & Abuse. Even then Survivors are still fast enough to get away from the generator before Legion can catch up to them, and also loop at a T-wall for a few secs if necessary.

Im done with this legion. the least devs could do is revert missing in feral frenzy. it takes away the last possible opportunity for fun and sometimes even makes you lose a kill because of lag or autoaim. I'm pretty sure the penalty is for making survivors feel good when they happen to dodge because of a lag spike or autoaim. This feels like a scam we can't do anything about. I can just play survivor and run around like a clown if i wanted to.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • yippidy yey i get to stab people im balanced

• Nein dude we just get to stab people and vault pallets so i think we are balanced. Oh and also not to mention we can't miss attacks cuz were the best players. :)

• I am guaranteeing you he has gotten a few lucky matches as legion. That happens to all of us, but the majority of the games we get bullied. I mean, how do you expect to stop genrush as any killer other than nurse?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

The fact that people are still complaining about Legion is quite funny not gonna lie. Love the fact that you thought Frank's Mix-tape was a balanced add on, literally hit M2,and just keep swinging until you hit the survivor twice, fatigue then repeat until the survivor was downed. You didn't even need Frank's Mix-tape for this. Legion had no counter play, and you say you watch Tru3Ta1ent but looks like you missed the clip of him juking a Legion 3 times and they didn't get punished for it. Legion now despite what people think. Is better then what they were before. They have the best tracking in the game, and are pretty good at stalling the game. I'm currently Rank 4 while mostly playing Legion and Wraith without NOeD, and I don't even use Ruin on Legion.

Legion is in a decent place currently, would there be things I would change about them? Of course. How ever at least he doesn't promote brain dead gameplay

• Shroompy

But that 1 survivor you're chasing ain't having as much fun as you. Old Legion had no counter play. Legion was changed to stop the exploiting and to stop the absolute brain dead play style he had.

• I did watch tru3ta1ent's clip against a susie on a pallet. I was rank 4 too with legion. I am saying his deep wounds suck as it is the same thing as borrowed time, and that he is so slow he can get looped at a t wall and can't reach people in time. Honestly that susie in the clip was terrible. She was probably not careful about it since she knew she wouldn't get a penalty for it, and therefore spammed m1 around. I want the miss penalty removed because it was fun to hit at the air, and most of us aren't nooby like that susie and miss hits on our own. Besides there are other reasons why good legion players would miss unintentionally.

• Shroompy

All the powerful builds you named previously still had some form of counter play, little bit less for OmegaLUL Nurse. But Perma Myers can still be looped, same goes for Billy and Huntress. Mint Rag Hag with Make Your Choice gets absolutely destroyed with a flashlight. Frank's Mix-tape Legion? Absolutely no counter play. Besides maybe gen rushing, which can be said for ANY KILLER. Once Legion found that survivor all that survivor could do is attempt to stall that chase as long as possible, they knew they we're going down no matter what they did. And then there was moon walking Legion, which was even worst. As you tagged a survivor with Deep Wound and followed them until they reached a certain point for you to enter Frenzy and down them.

At least now he gets punished for swinging like a mad lad.

• "punished for stabbing like a mad lad" power cant even down and he is a killer after all. nurse gets fatigue bc she is lethal. dont you see they are overkill on legion because survivors asked so

• Shroompy

Huntress requires skill in aiming, so theres that. Also if you run in a straight line you're making the job a lot easier for her. You can crouch behind most loops where The Huntress cannot hit you over.

Unlimited Tier 3 Myers can indeed still be looped, and you can make him waste a bunch of time. More time that he took to actually get to Tier 3. Which at high ranks by the time you get to Tier 3, 2 or 3 gens are already completed. Keep in mind while you're keeping a killer which is still an M1 killer that just has an insta down. 3 other survivors are most likely doing gens.

Also since when does Billy burn through pallets? If Survivors are dumb and they throw down every single pallet they see then maybe, but a smart survivor wouldn't just throw down pallets all willy nilly.

Frank's Mix-tape may not have been as powerful. But if you're on the survivor side you cannot tell me that it was fun to go against. It doesn't matter how good you are as a survivor. They will catch you. It might of taken time, but they will catch you. When you play at Brown, Yellow or even Green ranks. If you're an experienced survivor you can distinguish the previously mentioned rank killers from a purple or red rank killer. So a bad player won't utilize Perma Michael, Insta Huntress or Insta Saw Billy nearly as well as a player with hundreds or even thousands of hours. But Legion? They could be awful at the game and still down you. There was no skill in Legion and NO COUNTER PLAY!!! THATS THE BIG THING!!! COUNTER PLAY!!! Once a chase has started a survivor has NO TOOLS TO GET AWAY.

All previous mentioned killers, even forcing them to break a pallet could be enough to make them lose you. Legion? They just vault the pallet. If you juke them and they miss? They didn't get punished. Nurse if she blinks she would get punished by being fatigued at least, Huntress gets punished by missing 1 of her 3 hatchets (if she has insta down)

TL;DR: Legion had no counter play.

• Shroompy

I would love to provide footage with a few matches but my current PC would not be able to handle it. I already run the game at around 20 fps. I do in fact run the game at the lowest possible settings, and trust me it isn't easy. (1.9k hours btw)

I also agree the fact the FF fatigue is longer than blade wipe is quite stupid. What I think they should of down is make it the same duration with the old animation that Legion had during PTB. Once he hit a survivor that was already in DW.

(I guess if you want proof you can try to catch me playing a game and spectate through steam, which will indeed lower my fps even more)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198289481251/

• Actually, the nerf depends on how you want to look at it. You can choose to say that devs are scared to make a weaker but easier nurse, or you can say EVERY part of the "rework" was necessary. I look at it both ways, because i do not care if i lose. My biggest issue is the miss penalty. It's very unnecessary and i am a good legion player; i do not miss my hits 99% of the time. Sometimes i just want to miss and have fun but the fatigue is just there to f you up. Sometimes autoaim or lag messes it up for you and you lose all pressure. For the speed; i don't care. If they don't want me chaining hits and playing Legion they want him to be played, i will tunnel that one person and now it is a matter of boring and weak killer.

Deep wounds is a whole another topic of it's own because it is the same thing as borrowed time.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

legion would be fine if they increased his vaulting speed

the problem with pre-rework legion isn't even limited to moonwalking, exploiting or using frank's mixtape. the character was broken at its core. in a chase, a survivor had no option but to repeatedly get hit until they went down while the legion ignored pallets and windows. should a survivor eventually go down in a chase? sure, but the killer has to earn it, and legion did not earn it. it was just m2 until the survivor went down. this was extremely unhealthy for the game and had to change

current legion is not only more efficient at downing people (getting a FF hit and then chasing with 115 movement speed typically results in faster downs than hitting people in FF multiple times was before the rework) but doesn't break the game. that's not to say legion shouldn't be tweaked (the aforementioned vaulting speed increase would go a long way, and many of his addons need to be looked at), but fundamentally, legion is both a stronger killer and in a much better place in its current incarnation

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

old vault speed back when

• Atleast buff his ms and old vault speed back he would be chaining hits much more now. Removing miss penalty is also really cool with me, it'd be much more entertaining, besides it is unnecessary.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

no, there was no counterplay

"pallet stuns" aren't counterplay because legion would just respect the pallet and avoid the stun, then vault over it

there was no strat to get away from legion. they ignored every mechanic in the game that survivors could use to make distance. if a legion wanted to down you, they would down you, and nothing you did, no matter how good of a player you were, made any difference. that is fundamentally horrible killer design, no matter how much you enjoyed doing it when it was a thing

i realize that people are determined to view pre-rework legion with rose-tinted glasses and nothing will convince them of how unhealthy it was for the game so i'm probably just wasting my time, but legion absolutely had to change, and for the most part the changes were good

i'm lukewarm about removing the miss penalty - FF is a less broken mechanic now so i wouldn't necessarily hate it if legion was at least punished less for missing, but i still have PTSD of spinning legions to make them whiff twice and still getting hit before their power runs out because they had unrelenting 10. you shouldn't be able to just swing everywhere, but i'd be okay if the penalty for missing was at least reduced

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019

I'm not talking about spinning around lel, i'm talking about this:

just a lil extra for his voice and design

• Shroompy

You really don't get it do you? You're too damn stubborn to realize. I can tell you play killer and killer exclusively. You've never gone against Legion yourself and you've made that clear the minute you've started this.

I'm just gonna leave it here, realize that there are some video's of people running around killers like Michael or just any M1 killer right? Even Huntress? But finding a video of some body running around a Legion for 5 gens? I can tell you right now it probably doesn't exist. So keep believing what you want to believe, this is why I'm not as active on the forums, discussions like this man.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019

I GOT IT: just like in the spotlight, he can only miss up to 2 times. That would BE ######### amazing. HIS VOICE IS GODDAMN BEAUTIFUL. I NEED TO HEAR MORE BUT I CANT FIND THE SOUND CLIPS.

btw the limit resets when you hit a survivor not afflicted with deep wounds it would only make sense since he resets his power gauge

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Because they want to defend their precious looping, that's all they care about.

It makes them feel powerful, the hero of the story "I shall best the beast for my team".

This is the only core problem, if looping was slain when it was discovered we would have a much healthier game, a game where 1/4 of a team is worth 1/4 of a team and not worth roughly the same of the single power role.

The excuse is always the same, no counterplay... well you ARE NOT SUPPOSED to have counterplay against the killer!

you are supposed to run and buy some time to your team.

But it's okay for them to loop Bubba around for 5 gens, while there's a frustrated human behind Bubba who is being bullied only because some killer (THE POWER ROLE!!!) have little to none counterplay to looping.

It's not ok for them to have killers who can destroy them in 1 vs 1.

You cannot reason with some survivors, right now they are more powerful and they are lobbying like crazy to keep their upper hand.

Legion was OBVIOUSLY a desperate move from the devs to put an end to looping and then survivors learnt to lobby more and more and they destroyed legion.

Current legion is average at best, it is wraith with a more limited movement speed.

Now they have counterplay because they can loop legion to oblivion, but that's good because now they can be the heroes of the story....