Blindness idea. Thoughts?

Options

I have an interesting idea to make blindness a bit more useful. 

So a while back (pig’s release iirc) they buffed blindness to hide the auras of survivors on the hook. The idea was to make blindness, more specifically he :third seal, more playable.

Clearly, that didn’t work. The notification for when a survivor gets hooked makes the buff completely irrelevant, and still there is the downside of having to hit survivors first.

This makes Hex: third seal a worse knock out with a cost. Yea it counters bond... but really? That’s worth a hex?

Initially I had thought “well maybe if everyone started blind it would justify it” but I’ve come to realize that all the same issues for hex 3rd seal would still be there, as well as the issue for all other blindness add-ons. 

=====

Proposal: Make blindness have hex:totems appear dull (visually) to survivors affected by it. (You can still hear it)

This would do a few things

1. Justify the need to have the survivor struck first
  2. Protect itself. As a hex it is prone to destruction 
  3. As a Hag perk, it is a hex perk that synergies with both the Hag and the theme of hexes.

You would still be able to break hex: totems. They would just appear dull. You would still need to strike survivors first to apply the hex, so the number of killers that can even use this perk would be small. 

What do you guys think? Am i missing something obvious that would truly break this change if it were to be considered? 

Comments

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

I'd have to suggest that all blindness effects would need to be placed on a timer for this to work, similar to exhaustion. This change doesn't just protect itself, it protects Ruin, Devour Hope, and NOED.

Better than this potentially busted change: just remove the visual indicator of someone being hooked.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

how about... effect all survivors when game started and still being current hex perk?

personally i don't like unintuitive changes like they adding lit condition or something

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

I mentioned that in my original post.

It would just be knock out at that point, but with a hex condition so arguably incredibly worse.