"Balance: Lullabies are no longer directional"

Husk
Husk Member Posts: 39
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

This was already the case last patch when the devs destroyed the audio, now they're going to claim it was intentional and for Balance all along?

I'm doubtful that's true, but if it is, then the skill ceiling for Survivors has yet again been lowered yet again...

Hearing the Huntress's lullaby constantly and "centered" sonically has ruined the fun in playing against her. It no longer feels fair not knowing anything about her location in order to stay on my toes, because instead I'll just ignore it and listen for the heartbeat to know if I'm really in danger. This honestly shouldn't be the case for a killer with PROJECTILES who can snipe you from a distance anyway. The directional audio was also useful for versusing her at loops. Good Huntresses will get shots on you regardless of that fact.

Post edited by Husk on

Comments

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@Husk for the most part 'sniping' is being removed with the addition of different tiles and more obstacles in the way. However, to some extent I would prefer the directional lullaby on huntress as it gave some form of the killer is coming at me from this side. However, I still do not know why she is not 115% killer when Billy is 115% and has a insta down speed saw.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I know... I liked to run around backwards to confuse people

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I'm just gonna guess this was a bug that was made into a feature.

It sometimes happens in diffrent games :D

• Husk

Or the reverse, like when pipping swapped to the emblem system and the devs forgot to make the BP circle represent 8k instead of 5k since the old system of only 5k BP per category going towards your pip was removed, then when they fixed it they claimed the circle being 5k BP was a "bug" and not them forgetting to change the BP circle feature in the first place.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

This was a balance for the upcoming Freddy rework, and 100% SHOULD NOT have been applied to Huntress as well.

I'm going partially deaf in one ear and since the change I keep thinking she's coming from the left now cos I'm so used to it providing valuable information.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

And i read this and think oh at least somthing good in this patch.

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184

I like the change too, and Im not playing huntress so far. I mean, her lullaby is sometimes a debuff for her because it seems bigger than her terror radius and u could tell from which direction she's coming.

Imo this change is fair.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I think it's a good buff. It honestly didn't makes sense that survivor could know if the huntress was coming from 40m away and exactly which direction she came from considering that killers moving at a speed of 4.4m/s usually have a terror radius of 24m. Survivor could easily take advantage of the directional lullaby and loop around a big building and if the huntress decided to double back it wouldn't matter as the survivor could instantly know that she switched directions.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

This was needed, Huntress has been shadow-nerfed in multiple patches, and was easy enough to dodge. Even against decent Huntresses, you get enough of a cue to make her getting a hit a 50/50 guessing game.

Huntress in anything less than a dedicated huntress-main was far too easy to bully around loops.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

Um...You have a free moving camera, you should be using it. I honestly don’t mind this change as it seems like overkill if you can visually see killers, why should it be directional.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

This was definitely intended, it was not something that was bugged and made into a feature - it was just left out on the original patch notes.

I've never felt the Huntress should have directional lullaby as despite the fact she has a ranged weapon, she's slower to compensate.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019

@MandyTalk what are your thoughts on making all killers 115% This would make map design easier as they do not need to keep in mind oh the hag is slow etc. Then any changes would be made to base power in which balances out the speed buff. The only case I think this wouldn't apply well is Myers.

EW1 -> 110%

EW2 -> 115%

EW3 -> 115% + Insta Down

Which makes most slower killers more viable without really offsetting the balance of higher tier killers.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

I really don't think increasing the speed of killers is needed - Huntress, Hag, Nurse, Spirit etc all have their own powers that do not depend on speed for chasing in the slightest.

• Jdsgames

Interesting, I was really just regarding chases. I was mainly regarding map distance and design.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I think that is fine if you cannot tell the direction she is facing from the lullaby, if that is what 'directional' means. However in 3.0.1 the origin of the lullaby was outright false, it would often sound like she was behind me when she was actually in front of me. That is not fine. That is not the feature to provide false info to a survivor is it?

• Husk

That makes sense. I suppose it's just annoying since I've played the last 2k hours with her lullaby being directional. Thanks for the explanation :)