Dying Light Broken by DS

If you kill the obsession, triggering dying light; as soon as you get decisive struck by another survivor it changes them to the obsession and turns off. Completely worthless right now.

Comments

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

This perk is fine. I run it consistently on huntress to slow gens down. Once your obsession is dead start going from person to person.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

There's a difference between 'broken/worthless' and 'countered'

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

It never used to do that before the DS change? Once your obsession is dead the perk gets turned off if the obsession changes. If that is intended it's terrible.

Id say roughly a fourth of survivors above rank 10 run DS and in red / purple ranks it's not uncommon for 100% of survivors to be running it in my lobbies.

There is literally no reason to run this over another gen protecting perk that will guaranteed slow the progress down and not arbitrarily be turned off after the relatively lengthy prerequisite of finding and killing a specific survivor.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

It cam be weaponised if your savvy if the dying light target is hiding you can deliberatly push for a ds to switch the obssesion to a more easily eliminated player. Espicially tombstone myers who can 99% tier 3 and proc ds just to kill the newly switched obssesion. Yes you eat a ds but that dying light proc is well worth it.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Why do you let them activate ds? It isn't hard to not pickup the same survivor thats just been hooked.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's a terrible perk that just encourages tunneling anyway. It could be countered regardless if the obsession goes full immersed when they know they have it on them (cause they know they are going to get tunneled anyway).

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

There are times when you can miscount the 60s if you've not downed them immediately. You could be dealing with a team of clones and it hit the wrong person by mistake. DS does last 60s so you do have a potential to just encounter it even you aren't hard tunneling. If a whole team is running it then its just gets all sorts of weird if you've gotten two on the hook at the same time and then both get unhooked.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited July 2019

The perk is fine maybe even good. When against three survivors its always better to apply pressure on every each one of them maybe even easier?

Besides if you tunnel with that perk on you will most likely get d striked which means you already really close to activating the perk. If you wont get d striked well its good right? The perk actually got buffed with new ds being implemented but thats all just the words. I never used it that much before. Before you d need to find obsession first etc.

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

No tunnel no problem :)

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

My only problem is how DS often makes a "Decoy" obsession at the start of the match.

Many times I got DS'd out of nowhere and the OG obsession wasn't even running Decisive.

I hate it both as killer and survivor. As killer it's easy to get your Dying Light disabled esp if the actual DS user rushes up to you once the decoy obsession is dead.

As survivor, I got freakin' tombstoned 2 minutes into the match when 2 lauries were running DS, yet I was the Dying Light obsession anyway! Geez, thanks Laurie.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Dying Light shouldnt exist in first place. It only promotes tunneling.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I had no problem with DL so far. Brought in a Mori, found the poor guy who got bad RNG (or was the obsession because someone had DS), hooked him, tunneled him, mori'd him. Done. Then I played how I usually do: not tunneling any other survivor.

I even considered not to run a mori anymore for this, because the obsession is more likely a player who not uses DS which are often not that good, unlike the actual DS user.

Else I just try to proc a DS to get an easier target.