Q&A: The Nightmare Rework (Pre-PTB)

Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

This past Thursday, we revealed new details and some gameplay of the upcoming Nightmare Rework. If you missed the livestream, you can watch the archived version here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/448233426

We have seen a lot of question pop up since the stream and we wanted to take a second to answer a few of them. If there's something confusing you about the changes, or something you'd just like clarified, feel free to ask below!

The Nightmare Rework will be available on the Player Test Build next Tuesday, July 9th before going live on all platforms.

Note: Since the update is not out yet, we will refrain from answering balance questions. We would like to see what you think after you've had the chance to try him first!

Rules

• One question per person.
  • Only questions about the Nightmare Rework, please.
  • Non-question posts will be removed.

We're trying something new. Frequently asked questions and questions that have been previously answered will be posted below. This way we'll be able to get some of the simple answers out as soon as possible.

Post edited by Peanits on

Comments

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

The 9 july we will be able to try the rework of badham too? With the new pallets locations based on skills for both sides?

• theobear
    theobear Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019

I've seen some conflicting information, so I wanted to get a concrete answer: I understand that Freddy no longer gets aura reading of sleeping survivors outside of his terror radius, but does he get aura reading of sleeping survivors inside his terror radius?

edit: Thank you @Peanits for the answer!

Post edited by theobear on
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Will the new Freddy be available in the mid-chapter patch?

• Exa1ib3r
    Exa1ib3r Member Posts: 86

Is there any REAL threat to being in the dream world now?

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

In the stream you mentioned not being able to wake each other up if someone is injured; does that mean Self Care can't wake you up now?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

If Freddy has Spirit Fury ready and he gets stunned by a fake pallet, will it waste Spirit Fury?

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Is it possible to remove skillchecks as a way for survivors to wake up? As his power is with this rework I don't see the need for skillchecks as well, they already have 2 much more efficient ways to wake up anyway

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Isnt the rework worse that the Freddy we have now ?

• ThGameIsHardButSoAmI
    ThGameIsHardButSoAmI Member Posts: 196

Why give such a unique feature of doctor's power (the fake pallets) to freddy?

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Are snares and fake pallets considered "traps", for the purpose of Small Game?

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

@NMCKE Given that I could have misunderstood, I had the impression that it was only an eventuality, still to be discussed and evaluated, and not a certainty.

• Jimborini
    Jimborini Member Posts: 8

So, along with the Freddy rework comes the preschool changes, what will those look like?

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I suppose Freddy will lose his aura reading immunity, is that correct? For example, OoO, Rancor, Dark Sense, etc.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited July 2019

What will happen to Freddys Time-Reduction Add-ons? His power is no longer focused on sleeping Survivors, rather it is automatic now it seems.

And what of the others? Such as power range add-ons and so forth. Will we get any sneak peaks of what new variations will come of them?

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

Snares yes, but only when you are asleep, as they only affect you when you are asleep. Pallets, no. They purposely made it so that the blood pallets can not be distinguished from normal pallets, in any way. You have to rely on your memory to know which pallets are real, and which are not.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

What have you guys decided when it comes to the flashlight interacting with devil snares? In the livestream you guys said you haven't decided whether you can disarm devil snare with a flashlight. (Please don't)

• undeadship
    undeadship Member Posts: 1

When Freddy puts down dream pallets will survivors that are using the perk windows of opportunity have the dream pallets highlighted as well?

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

What if the generator is blocked on 2 sides and 2 people are working on it. Can Freddy still teleport to that generator?

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Can the new Freddy help me save money if I switch to GEICO?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Are any of Freddy's perks changing too?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

What other notable add-ons have been changed? (Black Box for example.)

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited July 2019

Do you think that Freddy's main power will be useless in end-game since all the generators will be finished or blocked by the Entity ? Do not you think that its power should be usable on any generator once the doors are powered ?

Post edited by Avilgus on
  • Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

How many "clocks" will spawn?

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Where is the cooldown located for his teleport? The preview showed a gauge for his traps/pallets. but I dind't see any indicator for when he could project.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Will Freddy get aura readings through addons at least?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,270

Can you improve freddy's Fire up perk by 1%?

This discussion has been closed.