What HIGH IQ plays are you most proud of?

Options
Beets
Beets Member Posts: 39
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Survivor: I was being chased by Myers, injured and the last survivor alive. I ducked behind the corner and, right as he rounded the corner, I went for the biggest flashlight play of my life. I ran past him and hopped into a window and, using lithe and dance with me, managed to escape and run all the way to hatch and hop through.

Killer: Ordinarily, I don't like playing Nurse because I'm not that great at her and I end up motion sick from blinking. On this occasion, however, I was achievement hunting and decided to give her achievements a shot. After much raging, many failed attempts and lost games, I managed to find a group of clumbed up survivors working on a gen. I waited for the right moment and then dived in, finally earning myself the impossible "from the void she kills" achievement.

Comments

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Losing the killer with my Dance With Me+ Lithe combo.

Im probably one of the few survs who can actually make this combo effective.

It makes me cringe as a killer when people use this combo + Q&Q but they dont even try to lose me.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

4K for Adept Pig on Red Forest (before they made these achievements impossibly difficult).

Mostly just reads of survivor locations using Jigsaw Boxes and sightings to know which quadrant they're in. As I started to kill people, I saw a person running into one quadrant with a trap, another that was injured running into another, with the only generator adjacent to that and where the final survivor was working. Easy deduction that trapped guy was going for the box, and injured guy was going to the closest gen to be healed.

Kill the grabbed guy, and then slug the trapped guy. Lots of time to hunt after that. Altruism almost universally kills survivors, and Pig can draw out the hunting time when she has no freeform tracking perks.

Anyway, Surveillance was especially bad back then, and no Ruin made me race against time.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Survivor: I let Plague puke on me while I was playing fancy suit Jeff, popped the gen before she could grab me, I 360'd her, she tried to lunge at me again after missing, I hopped the pallet and sped off with Lithe.

Killer: I could say many things like 4K Freddy, 4K Ghostface or 4K Legion, but rather, I played my favorite Killer, Michael Myers. I had Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, Fire Up and Barbecue and Chili. I had some flashlight Survivors, Kate, Nea, Claudette, and Jake. I wasn't upset but I knew they knew how to play so I didn't hit until I got EW3, I popped EW3 with no gens done, with 1 gen they knew they were screwed, I got some basement plays and chained hits off, my last play was the second to last Survivor was trying to go for a rescue, they had no chance, I was on Coldwind, on top of those large machines, I was stalking the entrance, he ran through. I rushed right downstairs and insta-downed him, 4K'd.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Getting a survivor in a pincer position between myself and a triggered phantasm trap and predicting which way they'll run to get the hit in on them. Makes me feel like a genius every time

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2019
    Options

Playing Pig on Haddonfeild, Crouching up to the base of the stairs then triggered the roar without finishing it as I moved towards the back door, the Roar caused the survivor to jump out the window behind the house landing them right in front of me, which I quickly took advantage of and got an easy down.

Later in the same game with 2 dead and 2 left, I downed one, trapped, and hooked them, at which point BBQ triggered and I saw the final survivor halfway down the street running to the right. I took a chance feeling that this survivor knew I had BBQ, and so I crouched and went to the left. Ended up hearing the sneaky survivor behind a hedge square, Dash attacked them, and after a quick chase I had them down. Must have scared the hell outta them considering how panicked their movement seemed.

Both plays made me feel awesome, and not even the endgame chat salt could ruin that high.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options

I stood still real hard at a pallet as Spirit.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

Camping as Leatherface withi nsidious

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328
    Options

pig gengrabbing.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,465
    Options

Pretty much any fancy tech. Crossing the Badham hole, harvester tech, or The Game tech. The little things like that are so rewarding when you pull them off.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

As survivor I pretty much throw away the game because of laughs when i manage to trick a killer by entering a locker the moment after he just checked it. Cool stuff, too bad i just can't keep playing seriously after i manage to do that. 😁

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

Long before EGC

I was playing Wraith, managed to kill 3 survivors and knew the hatch was in the shack

Camp the hatch and uncloack when the survivor arrives, usual hatch standoff

I don't know what to do exactly, this Feng was pretty annoying so I didn't want to give her the hatch

I decide to try something she would never expect

I hit the wall of the shack, she jumps and I grab her

Never felt more proud of myself

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Whenever I manage to pull of lunge jumps over few specific pallets like on The game I always feel pretty knowledgeable.

As survivor probably when running towards certain loop, stopping behind corner watching killer pass by trying to catch me off by chosing shorter path while I've already left in the direction he was originally following me from.

• pabloddiablo316
    pabloddiablo316 Member Posts: 84
    Options

As killer: played against a 4 up team, (yamokoa) 2 P3 Claudettes a David king and an Adam. they were good at doing hook rescues but sucked at chases.

Anyways down to 2 survivors left both Claudettes dead they were not as immersive as they thought they were lol. David had vanished I guess because of being at Dead hook, Adam was on his 2nd hook when I turned around, exepecting to see David sneaking closer for the save his auro was crouched on other side of the map.

Cue me sprinting across the map with Bubba and realised as I got there he was waiting for the hatch to open (often I dont see it in game, too busy hunting victims or trying to hide from killers). David vaults through a window intent on dropping into hatch. I got there first closed it on him, chainsaw downed him and moried his arse on the hatch.

As survivor: Alert can show when hatch is being closed by killer 2 times now I have been last one standing, near the killer when he stomps on the hatch to close it and had a key to just run over and open it again. Once the killer msg to ask me what happened. "Found a key on that Nea you Mori'd and was right behind you when you closed the hatch"

• Migz
    Migz Member Posts: 15
    Options

Might have to buy leatherface to insidious camp omegalol

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Killer: I tend to play Nurse and Pig a lot, but I'm always nice about it because I don't camp or tunnel. In fact, I have perks to encourage me to not camp nor tunnel because why not?

Anyways, I got a SWF group and I switched to my Nurse just in case they were sweaty. Of course, I got the 0.1% of SWF that were the de-pip squad. However, when I downed this first survivor, I decided to not pick her up because I knew it was going to be a waste of my time. Guess what? She DC'd. I knew that she was going to DC so I didn't even bother trying to pick her up. It was amazing! :)

I did tell her "GG" tho, and later I added "Sorry" after I got called "Trash".

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

As a baby survivor, flashlight blinding a killer at a pallet and escaping them

As a Spirit, finding multiple survivors on a gen, chasing them off and feigning going after the one who runs away while listening for the one who gets back on the gen. Then, phase walking while they are in my terror radius for a gen grab. So satisfying.

Survivors trying to gen rush and getting punished for it which has led to disconnects quite a few times. Best part is when I got called a hacker because they didn't hear me phasing despite not using prayer beads. Taught them a lesson about Spirit's mechanics =D

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    Options

Wraith flickers are always cool. I really wish you could swing right after cancelling a mostly channeled cloak though. Currently you can only swing right after if you just tap it, there's a cooldown if you hold it and let go.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

It was pretty cool when I was 1 hit away from being downed and right next to the hatch on the hill, 360'd the killer until the timer for the last survivor died by the hook and he fell off the hill and the hatch opened. It isn't high IQ but it was super cool.