FPS issues post 2.0.0

Options

Comments

• chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    PS4 slim, doctor, new map . I'm not new to this game and know when to swing for a hit, but on this map I have to get on their ass like they have dead hard to connect a hit . First time I played this map with the doctor a wiffed 75% of the time because of the stuuters . I now know on this map to practically be up their ass to get a hit .

Love this game and have confidence this will get ironed out. Glad to see not queen posting this. Off to get my double blood points :)
  • Caver12
    Caver12 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Ps4 pro

i wanted to share that my stuttering and lag spikes have nearly disappeared after turning off boost mode on the ps4 pro. I have done this several times Now and have experienced similar results.

ps4 boost mode does not like patch 2.0
  • Veginite
    Veginite Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    • PC
    • Asylum, McMillan & Backwater
    • Both
    • Cannibal & Nurse respectively (last two mentioned maps)
    • Viewed from the edges of the map towards the center
    • See below

i7 5820k @ 4.3 GHz
    Asus GTX 970 @ 1430 MHz
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

There are huge framedrops when you view from the edges of the map towards the centre. It happened both when I played survivor and killer. I have 218 hours into this game and I have only experienced frame drops on the Asylum map, I just got back from a long break and experienced this.

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Xbox One X
    Clown
    Rancid Abatoir
    The frame rate during the entire duration of the match is low
  • KuwabaraWasTaken
    KuwabaraWasTaken Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Options
    • PS4. 
    • Red Forest dropped frames before the patch, but now every map with grass tanks the FPS. Rancid Abatoir, Groaning Storehouse, Suffocation Pit, Fractured Cowshed, etc..
    • Playing on both survivor and killer, the frame drops for survivor were constant, but nothing that made the game hard to play. Killer on the other hand felt unplayable in certain matches. I’m not sure if they map is dependent on the frames, but it doesn’t seem to have to do with what killer you are playing. 
    • Using The Hillbilly’s power dropped frames, especially once he actually enters his sprint. Oddly enough the most I’ve ever seen my game drop frames was with Trapper on Groaing Storehouse. This leads me to believe that it’s largely map dependent. 
    • The game on Killer side feels unplayable at times. The constant frame drops make doing what the killer is suppose to do (hit survivors) incredibly frustrating. Also the frames seem to get worse as the match progresses. I think a graphic quality option on console would remedy the frame drops. Or just naturally make the game run on low quality. Here is an example of the frame drops on PS4. 

Points of interest are at the 1:20, 1:44, and most importantly 0:43-1:00 marks and are time stamped in the comments. And this is just within the first two minutes of the match. 

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

PC
    Map: shelter woods.
    Survivor and Killer
    Actions: Looking in any direction as well as activating a generator.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    PS4 Slim

Map : Shelter Woods
    Killer : The Doctor 
    FPS Drop : When picking up a survivor 
  • Natedog1499
    Natedog1499 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ps4
    Not any problems much with maps, but after games when looking at like other people perks and leveling up, etc. I am always getting massive frame rate problems. This has happened to me with all killers and survivors.
  • Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Options
    PS4 (Base Model)

All Autohaven Wreckers Maps (Wretched Shop being the worst of the lot), Mother's Dwelling, Lampkin Lane (on outer edges), Torment Creek, Badham Preschool (Tree area between the preschool and one of the houses) and lastly both Backwater Swamp Maps (though it's worse on The Pale Rose for sure).

This happens regardless of which side I play, but also regardless of whoever I play as or against.

As a Survivor:
    - Going into areas with high density of objects / trees / debris.
    - Being Shocked by a Doctor.
    - Starting and Ending the Dream Transition against a Freddy.
    - Negative Status Effect things (Cursed, Hindered, Blindness, stuff like that) cause a frame drop when they appear sometimes (it's particularly bad with Cursed).

As a Killer:
    - Entering any tier of Bloodlust.
    - Like Survivors, entering any area with a high density of objects / trees / debris.
    - Using the Nurse's Power
    - Using the Huntress' Power
    - Being in Crouch Mode as the Pig (specifically Shelter Woods, Coldwind Farm and Backwater Swamp Maps are affected here).
    - Using Myers' (The Shape) Power.
    - Teleporting to a Triggered Phantasm as the Hag.
    - Using the Doctor's Power (particularly bad on Swamp, Coldwind and Red Forest maps).
  • TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

Xbox one base
    Everything is choppy when i play killer. No matter the map or actions. When a survivor dodges or 360s and i turn to hit them i almost always miss because of the frame rate. It used to wasn't this bad. It makes me wanna quit playing because I'm tired of survivors messaging me after the game being toxic. When i play survivor its much smoother but certain times it will freeze. (Example: When a freddy puts you in the dream world, right before the transition is complete it will almost always freeze for a second or two.)

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

PS4
    survivor
    Auto wreckers
    Twice a teammate was in struggle on the hook. A hex totem was broke NOED and Devour Hope after they were broke we had a 1 second delay. The person died on the hook both times.

Killer
    the game, fractured cow shed, Grimm pantry, backwater swamp.
    The Doctor, and Michael Myers

In treatment moment or tier 3 just awful to play.

Survivor
    Thompson House map
    The window shifted to a wall in one of the jungle gyms south of the Thompson House house if you are looking at the main steps. Was being chased by doctor in treatment mode. Had a lot of skip forward movement.

• LadyGamerX
    LadyGamerX Member Posts: 28
    Options

1) Which platform are you playing on?
    1) PS4 Console

2)What map were you playing on?
    2) Every Map except coldwind maps

3) What side were you playing (killer / survivor)?
    3) Both

4) What killer was in the game?
    4) Hasnt been against any specific killer. Its every game.

5)What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
    5) Dropping pallets mostly on survivor side. Playing killer using power as Billy, Huntress, Nurse, and Freddy. When setting traps as Trapper as well.

Any other useful information! Thank you.

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
    Options

1- Wich platform are you playing on ?
    R: Ps4 Console

2- What map were you playing on ?
    R: Every Map

3- What side were you playing (Killer / Survivor)
    R: Both sides

4- What action (dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
    R: Every action i have a FPS drop except when i will clean a totem. PS: Using the DOCTOR power i have a huge FPS drops, my game just crashed 2 times because of that.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Which platform are you playing on?
    PS4 (regular)

What map were you playing on?
    Father's Chapel Map and Shelter woods although at times all maps have slight issues. These 2 were very noticeable.

What side were you playing (killer / survivor)?
    Killer

What killer was in the game?
    Leatherface, Doctor, Freddy

What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
    Overall, just moving around was bad... turning was like 10-15 FPS probably.

The game should run at 30 FPS. lots of games do it.

• thefaceofFuzz
    thefaceofFuzz Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Autohaven playing as the Wraith.  While cloaked it is extremely laggy/choppy. And that is while just looking for survivors.  As survivor when Myers goes into EW3 the whole game would skip for a second. Sprint burst,  dead Hard,  lithe all freeze for a second upon use doesn't matter which survivor or map. 
  • greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65
    Options

PC
    All of the Macmillan Estate maps
    Killer
    Clown/Nurse
    Anytime I looked towards the middle if the map
    Frame rate was fine if I looked towards the outside of the map

• KuwabaraWasTaken
    KuwabaraWasTaken Member Posts: 10
    Options

The clown on anymap.

• Noodle
    Noodle Member Posts: 103
    Options

PS4 Pro
    Clown
    All Maps
    Hooking survivors and reloading after hooking causes FPS drops.

• TinierPants
    TinierPants Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    not_Queen said:

Hello everyone!

We have noticed a large response after the 2.0.0 update about FPS drops, mainly on console.

Please answer this post with details like

• Which platform are you playing on?
    • What map were you playing on?
    • What side were you playing (killer / survivor)?
    • What killer was in the game?
    • What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
    • Any other useful information!

Anything not related to this topic will be deleted.
    Thank you for your input!

Xbox one S
    Blackwater swamp happens a lot more than others but I can’t remember the others at the moment.
    I played as the doctor and the entire game was choppy, from using the treatment mode to just chasing somebody or patrolling gens was choppy. I also played wraith on black water swamp and mid chase it got super choppy and I got stuck behind a Nea on a generator for a good minute or two before I picked her up and placed her on a hook and was reported and trash talked by all the survivors for “lag switching” that game so wasn’t so fun for me as you can imagine. That’s pretty much all I can remember at the moment. Also everytime I get a bad frame rate game like those I always check my internet just in case and its always ~250mbs. Thank you. <3
  • tunxten
    tunxten Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Platform: PC
    Playing as Survivor against the Doctor:
       The animations from the Madness effect cause frame drops.
    Always:
       Lower fps rate and drops on MacMillan Estate maps

• Luxara
    Luxara Member Posts: 9
    Options

PC
    Shelter Woods, Swamp maps, Red Forest
    Both killer and survivor, worse as killer
    Maps were fine before 2.0.0, never experienced FPS issues. Now drop to ~10-20 fps (used to be 50-60) on a high end PC when looking anywhere besides the map edges. Map boundaries also often don't load in when this happens. Gets worse when on gens / as or against doctor.

• miss_claymore
    miss_claymore Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Options

Playstation 4 Pro

I've encountered the issue on all maps

Both

I've encountered the issue with all killers
    As killer, I played Doctor, Trapper and Huntress

What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
    Dropping pallets, vaulting pallets/windows, when Sprint Burst/Lithe triggers, UI pop ups (hex, status effect), just running around (both in a chase and not in a chase), hitting survivors (with and without lunge), when Bloodlust kicks in, using killer powers, hooking

Post edited by miss_claymore on
  • RoyalMeowveon
    RoyalMeowveon Member Posts: 18
    Options
    • Which platform are you playing on?
    Xbox One S
    • What map were you playing on?
    Red Forest, Badham Preschool and several MacMillan Maps are the worst offenders
    • What side were you playing (killer / survivor)?
    Killer
    • What killer was in the game?
    Doctor, Huntress, Wraith
    • What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop?
    As Doctor: Just Doctor in general lags the game quite significantly. 
    As Huntress: Throwing hatchets causes common frame skips. 
    As Wraith: Running Windstorm addons tends to sharply decrease the frame rate for their duration. 
    • Any other useful information!
    I sincerely believe Red Forest needs a good bit of work on console. It's my favourite map aesthetically and gameplay wise but the rain effect on its own gives it the worst frame rate of all maps, I average about 10 fps if I'm playing Doctor on it. 
  • Decutor
    Decutor Member Posts: 161
    edited July 2018
    Options

Answering those questions is pointless. This doesn't have to do with any killer or in-game situation.

Overall game visual quality became more hardware demanding (graphics cards) after clown DLC (even during PTB). Maps with a lot of fog like MacMillan (shelter woods being the worse of them), Coldwind and Swamps are the ones affected the most (maybe the visual change is related to the fog / smoke?).

People with low end PCs who were already running the game at the limit of their computers performance are now dealing with overall reduced framerate in some maps (like myself). People with high end PCs are not suffering from this at all because they still had raw power to be used in their GPUs but they should see a higher GPU Usage which also causes increased GPU temperature and Fan Speed. Even some people with high end PCs were affected by the reduced FPS but only when playing on Ultra, DBD itself probably became too much for their GPU to handle and deliver solid 60fps.

• Tasty
    Tasty Member Posts: 33
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    eek. im glad i dont have these issues

I'm on pc and I never encounter lag while in a trial. However when choosing a load-out (survivor, item, offering) the game tends to lag sometimes. When it happens I get automatically disconnect from the first trial that I join. RIP to all those who came in a 3 survivor match because of that. Btw my settings are adapted to my pc specs so its not lag because I would have ULTRA settings by accident.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2018
    Options

I'm on PC. I have problems mostly on Shelterwoods and Coldwind Farm maps, both as killer (no matter which one) and as survivor. In general fps are lower than usual (10-15 vs 20-25), I can increase them by looking straight to the ground: in that case they return to normal.

• KHeartsSora
    KHeartsSora Member Posts: 12
    Options
    PS4 pro
    Survivor/killer
    Any map
    Any action performed whether it be a vault,break,skill check, bloodlust etc has a chance to cause mass FPS drops resulting in sometimes missing a hit or being hit due to the animation freezing up ESPECIALLY pallet drops I would say 90% of times I am hit as the killer is "stunned" 
  • go1gotha
    go1gotha Member Posts: 108
    Options

PC
    On all maps there is a fall in FPS, but most of all this is felt on the Torment Creek, Wretched Shop, Shelter Woods.
    I played for both sides.
    The killer on the map is not important, only if it's not a doctor, he takes a few FPS, but it's not critical.
    Especially the drawdown of FPS was observed when you look far ahead and you see a lot of objects in your field of vision. As a rule, this is most often observed on the "Shelter Woods", which is probably why for many it is considered the most problematic map.

• Nessuno
    Nessuno Member Posts: 1
    Options

Normal playstaion 4
    Red forest/Autoheaven
    Survivor
    Billy/Doctor
    Using the generator, the framerate dropped like to 0-5 fps, the animations of the arms of the survivor (kate) were all chopped and jagged.
    Any other useful information!
    The hitboxes of the killers are ridiculously huge, I don't know if it's a problem of the framerate or it's an additional problem with the game.

• IMainMeyers
    IMainMeyers Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Xbox One Day One Edition
    Map: Meyers Chapter Map
    Generally low fps, normal playstyle. All killers
    This patch made survivor fps much better but significantly decrease killer fps
  • Danidv
    Danidv Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC
    Multiple maps
    Survivor and Killer
    Multiple Killers
    Just playing the game in general. No noticeable pattern.

• Pokerface303
    Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Platform-Ps4 Pro
    Map-Almost all maps but worst on Autohaven, Red Forests, and Coldwind
    Side-Survivor and Killer
    Killer- Clown, Huntress, and Nurse
    Actions- Hitting a survivor will cause lag on both side, Hooking a survivor will cause lag (especially if you hook a survivor then use a power like throw a hatchet or reload and tonic bottle), there are more for sure that I can't think of off the top of my head but they are probably in these replies somewhere
    Other useful information-There is a bug with boil over where if a survivor has it and you pick them up then it will stay on your screen the rest of the match until you pick another survivor up then it goes away until you hook them
  • Gordoleal
    Gordoleal Member Posts: 4
    Options

Pc
    Shelter woods, Grim Pantry and The Pale Rose
    Survivor and killer
    Before 2.0.0: 45 ~60 fps, after 2.0.0: 5 ~ 25 fps.
    any other map i don't have any problem with fps (25 ~ 50 fps)
    My friends, that have a better specs than me, has the same problem, 45+ fps in any map but shelter woods, Grim Pantry and Pale Rose is 15 ~ 30 fps.

• unofficialdocument
    unofficialdocument Member Posts: 1
    Options
    PS4

When I first downloaded the patch everything was all sorts of choppy. Using any killer would cause it to play like a slideshow. However, I rebooted my game yesterday and everything seems to work fine for me. My game is no longer choppy, and if I do get a slowdown, then it’d be incredibly rare.
  • mydady787
    mydady787 Member Posts: 14
    Options

on ps4
    all maps
    when killer hit me or someone gets hooked will a Jen is finished
    survivor

• NightlyNoodle
    NightlyNoodle Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Options

1) Xbox One S Gears of War Edition
    2) Issues at times on all maps, but worst on Haddonfield, Coldwind Farms, Lery's, The Game, and Mother's Dwelling. Surprisingly Swamp maps seem better than the rest.
    3) Killer and Survivor, biggest impact as killer
    4) Billy, Cannibal, worst on Clown
    5) Killer- Lunge attacks frequently drop frames massively during initial animation, clown cloud can sometimes trigger massive drops, chase and bloodlust leading to attempted attacks also tank frames massively at times.
    Survivor- moment of generator completion there can be huge drops. Pallet dropping sometimes tanks frames. Exhaustion perks triggering speed boosts almost always drop frames. That's mostly it from what I've seen on survivor side.
    6) I have noticed that these frame drops are always worse when there are 4 survivors. As survivors die they seem to improve, perhaps something to do with networking with fewer survivor inputs. But at the moment they are so severe in the most important part of the game, early game, when pressure has to be applied that it makes playing killer less fun and more stressful. I will say that although there are some frame drops on survivor, it is much, much easier to play survivor with those issues than killer.
    Gamertag: NightlyNoodle, XB1

Thanks guys, good luck! Love this game!

• Harket
    Harket Member Posts: 21
    Options

PC
    Fractured Cowshed / Shelter Woods
    Killer and Survivor (respectively)
    Huntress and Clown (respectively)
    Picking up a survivor near the killer shack / Just crouching and hiding
    It's dropping from 50-60 FPS to 10-15.

• Holo_Pilot
    Holo_Pilot Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Xbox One (Classic Version)
    All maps have significant FPS drops, though certain maps (like Lery’s) are notorious offenders of getting 15-20 FPS max
    Playing Killer as Nurse
    All Nurse blinks cause game to drop in FPS, making chases difficult. Other notable cases of massive FPS drops are Freddy confirming someone in the dream world and Huntress throwing a hatchet (which causes the entire game to stutter)
    Console still has severe audio issues with footsteps and injured survivors breathing. Beyond this, the nurse plays almost like a completely different killer than she does on PC. I have the nurse P350 on both console and PC and console’s nurse is in a sorry state. Blinks through simple objects like pallets, rocks, and the basement often do not work at all. The nurses aim assist is completely broken, triggering through walls and pallets but not switching on on quick attacks on exposed survivors, causing infuriating moments when free quick attacks hit the wall next to a survivor. Hitboxes are also entirely wonky after blinks, causing phantom hits that very obviously should connect (sometimes even playing the blood spatter) but no injuries are sustained, while inversely swings that have absolutely no business connecting land hits on survivors who are totally safe. Please, please optimize console. It sorely needs it. 
  • v4l_c0d
    v4l_c0d Member Posts: 8
    Options
    - PC
    - Grim Pantry, Shelter Woods (most noticeable, happens in all maps)
    - Survivor
    - The Hillbilly (Grim Pantry) and The Clown (Shelter Woods)
    - Usually, FPS loss happens at any time, especially when many objects are on-screen. Against the Clown in Shelter Woods, getting in a chase or simply having him nearby made the FPS drop from about 50 to 25 or less.
    - I run other games on a GTX 1060 with no similar issues. The latest drivers are installed. I never manage to achieve a stable 60FPS framerste, even though I have the specs to to that.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

Thanks guys! The QA team and the engineers are watching this post closely, keep the info flowing!

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

Thanks guys! The QA team and the engineers are watching this post closely, keep the info flowing!

• chrisjuanb
    chrisjuanb Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS4
    Issue occurs on every map.
    Does not matter whether I play killer or survivor, but it is worse when playing survivor.
    Huntress.
    As survivor: I was injured trying to sprint away from killer when FPS dropped an extreme amount.
    As killer: I was trying to hit an injured survivor while walking when FPS dropped an extreme amount.
    The previous update proved to be a lot better when it came to overall FPS in game.

• aztyn
    aztyn Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Ps4 regular
    Just about all killers and maps. Dont play enough survivor to notice. Specially bad with the clown and freddybut ive had it on everyone.  

Just about doing anything atvrandom times but specially lunges, finding survivors,  hitting survivors,  whiffing attacks looking around sometines
  • FiftyFootAnt
    FiftyFootAnt Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Which platform are you playing on? PC, my man.
    What map were you playing on? Noticed it for sure on the new Crotus Penn map, the clown one, but it happens in most matches.
    What side were you playing (killer / survivor)? Killer.
    What killer was in the game? Me. Huntress on Crotus Penn, others elsewhere.
    What actions (ie: dropping a pallet, using a power) were you doing when you experienced the FPS drop? M1 attack/getting within 5 feet of a survivor. I can't tell you which triggers it, as I'm usually M1'ing when within 5 feet of a survivor.
    Any other useful information: It's fairly consistently only the first 3-4 times I meet the above conditions ina  match, rest of the match always seems to smooth out.

• aztyn
    aztyn Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Also the menus there is horrible frame drops on ps4
  • Aspookytoad
    Aspookytoad Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS4 (Standard)
    Most maps, but Coldwind and Red Forest are particularly bad.
    Killer
    Most of them, Clown and Doctor struggle more than most
    Killers get fps dips when doing nearly any action save for vaulting. Kicking gens, hitting and hooking survivors as well as using powers cause the game to nearly freeze for a moment making it hard to track survivors or really do anything.

Out of every killer clown and doctor have it the worst. Doctor's already known to tax the game's fps in treatment mode, so he seems to suffer all the issues other killers have but amped up a tad. Clown only gets really heavy frame drops when he hits someone in gas, but it's still worth considering.

• Dayrlnoor
    Dayrlnoor Member Posts: 1
    Options
    -PS4
    -All maps.
    -I'm a survivor player.
    -I notice frame drops whenever I drop a pallet. Also, when I'm doing skill checks, i drop a couple of frames too.
    -When playing against the clown, and when he throws bottles at me, the frames drop like crazy.
    -The screen stutters right after activating lithe.
    -Some of these problems existed before the update, but they got even worse after 2.0.
  • JakePark
    JakePark Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC
    all maps if i play against doctor
    shelter woods and the game if other killer the game sometimes freezes for 5 seconds when i get hit

• Fettuccine
    Fettuccine Member Posts: 1
    Options
    PS4
    All maps
    Survivor 
    - Using Dead Hard has this one second stutter.
    - Getting hit even though the pallet was thrown down and even sometimes teleporting the killer to your side of the pallet.
    Other then that, the new 2.0 patch was really fun.
  • GoldenWolf27
    GoldenWolf27 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Options

PS4
    All of them basically
    Killer
    The Cannibal
    Getting in a chase, opening a locker, finding a survivor in the locker (even worse), generator getting done, swinging, using chainsaw, breaking pallets, and hooking.

Also I get low FPS on the main menu like when ever I scroll over something that can be clicked on (example “Play as Killer”) I get low frames it is also with every button that can be clicked like in the bloodweb.

This could also be apart of my bad internet but I was playing earlier and it wasn’t lagging at all so I hope this was of useful information.