The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why should I kill myself?

2»

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

After I hit around 1k hours in killer I realized no matter how I play killer there will be survivors angry about something in the post game chat. I keep killer chat closed unless there is someone I know in the post game lobby.

Playing killer is bearable for me when I play it like a single player game.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I have had several messages with people telling me to kill Urself.

I keep telling them Urself isn't a survivor and it would kind of be a douche move to go out of my way just to kill one person over their survivor choice also I haven't found someone on Xbox with the gamertag Urself so I can't even go after them either.

I wonder why people hate Urself so much that they keep wishing death upon them

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

But where exactly is the line between just trash talking ("noob git gud" for example) and bannable talking (stuff like "#########/family")?

• EntityDrudge
    EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184

Everything you started off with in your comment is why you feel like poop. Stop being a sucker, you try and make sure everyone has fun because they paid for the game too? What kind of nonsense is that? Stop bending the knee to survivors because you're scared they'll be mad at you. You shouldn't be giving people hatch or letting2 people escape, tunneling is a made up word for "i can't get away so your not fair". Get some balls and play for you. Then it won't sting when people dump on you anyway cause you decided to play by fake rules. You also paid for the game, did ya know that? And it came with no mercy instructions. The devs made it the way it's supposed to be. "I don't play with add ons on hillbilly and nurse." That whole sentence is disgusting. Lol you gotta be a survivor main.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Have to agree here. You are to nice. U should only care about YOUR fun. U have fun using certain addons but Survivors always ######### about that? Who cares, use them anyway! It's YOUR experience and as long as you stay in the legit boundaries (no cheating, exploiting) you are not to blame.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Don't stoop to their level is all I can say, you pissed them off, take that as an achievement, their words mean nothing, especially over a game.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I had also play my pre patch Legion (that was my main), without addons.

Not really because of the survs, but to have a) more of a challenge and b) some were to op for me and I have similar read from other killers. Seems to be quiet common that killers not always use their addons, for various reasons. So he is by far not alone with this attitude.

Also games where survivors and the killer are happy are the best games imo.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

You don't have to feel bad about receiving insults and ignore them don't make you feel any better.

Have fun of the whole thing! I for example love to get those silly insults from pathetic sore loser babies. That's just means you played great and made some entitled kid miserable! Be proud of that! Dance and laugh under the rain of their salty tears! They are just brats that you should only feel pity for.

Every insult I get is a trophy I hold close to my heart :-)

Maybe you are not as sadic as me...

But of course you should report them too! Make those ill-bred kids even more angry denying them their game for a while!

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Also you can just hide the chat bubble if you don't find that as amusing as I do

• YubelTheWitch
    YubelTheWitch Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2019

i'm so sorry to ear that mate,this wouldn't happen if the game is really balanced from both sides, atleast if i lose as killer/survivor i couldn't blame no one...well maybe a could get a bit mad against my mates but it's just question of seconds and nothing else

Post edited by YubelTheWitch on
  • sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535

Don't even reply back to them, just make the report and they will regret it when they get banned.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Pretty much, if it gets bad just record it and send it too BHVR support, which quickens up the punishment system.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I like the concept, but it wouldn't work as intended. If someone says "#########, that game was challenging" it could pick the word up and punish someone unfairly, kinda like how Youtube's algorithm works the same way. My idea would be too tell people "A person who you have reported has been punished" or something along those lines. I love when games do this as it feels as though the report system works. It won't stop toxicity, but it should help lower the number of people who do it.