The nurse little nerf.

Clopotel
Clopotel Member Posts: 98

What about this: She can blink to a minimum of 8 meters distance. This way, if you keep a ideal distance from her while in a chase, she can get to you. Example : if you are too close, she can hit you (like regular), if you are at a 4-7 meters distance, she can't. What do you think ?

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

re-read that a few time chief and tell me what's wrong with it

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Sounds good for jungle gyms or haddonfield quality playz.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2019

What about this- remove her from the game entirely because her abilities might as well read "ignore every mechanic designed in the game". She benefits from every survivor nerf and ignores every general killer nerf. Her terror radius might as well be 0 since it just doesnt matter since she can be anywhere in an 80m distance in .1 second. Saying her lunge is broken and overpowered is a huge understatement.

IF ANYTHING. She should have a black screen no vision while teleporting. Her distance needs to be nerfed. And her terror radius should increase while she is charging, the more she charges the bigger the terror radius. There should be some kind of brief animation at the location she teleports to, before she just appears there.

• Clopotel
    Clopotel Member Posts: 98

Then we should remove the pallets. What's the role for them ?

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

too much whining nobody tries to learn to play against her please git gud

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395

Pallets are the core way for a survivor to extend a chase for every killer besides the nurse. However, you can't remove them for solely Nurse either, because it would still hinder the survivors, since there are a lot of plays that can be used on Nurse using pallets. Rare, but possible and very important

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

This would make nurse trash tier.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019

Although, I can agree Nurse is busted. You can't skill a straight line. So a 'good nurse' really doesn't exist. It is muscle memory for distance. There are good killers that play nurse that can predict well. However, that isn't nurse mind-game potential that is for every killer. Nurse simply avoids mechanics and doesn't play by the rules. This is what makes her viable. There is a wall? How about no... There is a pallet? Try again... There is LOS blockers blink to one side use second blink for the attack. At worse case for a nurse you lose a set of blinks. Do gens? Wait till you get to a 3 gen situation even at a distance with nurse. Play stealthy? Eh, best viable solution, however, when all else fails SLUG TIME.

However, this change would make it garbage to play. She really is only weak when you face tiles that say "How about no blink ability?" Which is only in a few zones on specific maps.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Nurse's base power is fine, to many people try using bad tactics against her. Looping doesn't win you the chase against any killer just prolongs it in hope they abandon for another targets. Use obstructions to break line of sight frequently and look for an opening when the killer is confused or searching.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Love how the title says its a "little nerf".

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Little nerf that makes killer unable to catch survivor running in the straight line = PERFECT BALANCE.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

You do realize her speed is 96%, right? She will never catch a survivor in a chase. So, a 'minimum' of 8 meters? That would nullify her potential.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

@Peanits I think that's the idea!

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Please devs, give nurse the same love you give to MoM

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

So learning nurse to a certain point allows a nurse to win every game. This is balance, in your mind? Because that's how it is right now.

You say that you only lose to a nurse that is better than you are. It's amusing that nurse mains actually believe this. Once a nurse reaches a skill plateau, there is nothing survivors can do. It might as well be a single-player game at that point. It is not fun, nor balanced to have no chance to win.

Continue playing your nurse with the mindset that you have earned free wins because you have learned how to play her. If nurse does eventually get the nerf that is long overdue, it will be satisfying knowing that players like you will have to actually learn how to play killer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

She should also auto-finish a generator each time she blinks. Oh, and each blink costs 1000 auric cells.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Every killer should be like the nurse. If the nurse loses, she lost because she simply didn't outplay survivors. A nurse that's better than you will kill you

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395

It's gotten to the point that you obviously can't be reasoned with. So, I will default to "Learn to play against her and stop complaining."

• ForsakenM
    ForsakenM Member Posts: 47

I don't understand people like you. I see good Nurse players lose to good Survivors all the time. Sometimes you just get outplayed, that's how life goes. You can't be perfect every game.

Nurse is the only Killer in the game other than Spirit who actually rewards the player getting good with them. Every other Killer is so weak in one way or another that a Survivor who is good at their role will beat you consistently.

This is why people complain about Nurse and Spirit: they are actually good Killers, and Survivors are used to 'ruling the roost' as it were.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

Nurse is fine.

Stop.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Nurse base is fine. Her addons are what makes her broken.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183
  • Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Don't worry. I understand people like you. If you are seeing "good Nurses" losing to good survivors, it means you were watching bad Nurses. Full stop.

If one side plays bad they should lose? Of course. That's the point of a game. If you don't play as well as the other side, you lose. That is what makes a game fun. There are so many not-great Nurses at high ranks because the nurse's power is so stifling and overpowering. Meanwhile, the Nurses who are actually good just get 4k's every game, regardless of survivor skill. That isn't a game, that's a one-sided experience. One side experiences being a killer, the other side experiences being slaughtered.

And if you are going to suggest 'just learn to play against nurse' like the other kid, then I'll guarantee you that I am much, much better at dealing with nurse than you are. I actually play at top red ranks, and in reality (not the imaginary land where nurse is a balanced killer).

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Must be hard to have a 2/16 chance to get a killer which dictates the flow of a cjase instead of just reacting to you.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Wow, such a "little" nerf

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

20 to 8?

Jesus ######### Christ, leave her alone, she is perfectly fine. Go play her if against good survivors if you think otherwise.