People that complain about NOED (Myself included), how would you change it?

The perk is no risk high rewards so I suggest a totem counter or a notification that the killer has the perk. Now they must protect one totem at all time to get the perk.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Make every totem cleansed give a notification hex or not to both sides with a sound unique to totems.

Counters are nice and all but I prefer to think when I play. Imo there is already too much info being given with icons on the screen for every single thing which negates the effectiveness of some perks like MYC For example.

I actually preferred the game when I had to be aware of possible perks and not be told everything.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

5 gens ez

5 totems WUTface

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Then all of those times where the killer doesn't have NOED, or not every last totem is found, or you don't even reach the endgame, you screw yourselves out of time.

In SWF it can be easy to keep track of totem counts and therefore make it worthwhile without wasting tons of time, but I think cleansing dulls is just kind of bad play in solos as it stands unless you're just doing it for bloodpoints. I love seeing broken totems when I walk around as killer, 'cause I never run this perk :p

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

It's fine as if, but if I had to change it I would add a token count that requires 6 hooks for it to activate. This way the killer cant just play the long con and 1hko at the end. I would go so far as if this change was added then on the 3rd hook it will respawn a single totem from 3rd hook onwards at the end game.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

theorycrafting noed threads in 2019.

smh

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
  • s0cial_outc4st
    s0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59

Cleansing totems every game is a precaution in case NOED is equipped.

Killer doesn't use NOED? Well that's okay at least you got bloodpoints out of it, even if they weren't much.

NOED was equipped? Good thing we did all those totems, it never even had the chance to be activated in EGC.

• prettyf

i think theres many op perks like noed

but this game should have meta and grind like dc noed bc and other 1tier perks as well

cause those keep makes people can find more fun from them

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Ok, then people who use insta-heals and tool boxes are not good enough either. 🤷‍♂️

• prettyf

and if theres any plan to nerf this perk i can try that more carefully

like notice survivors only noed activated like other exposed effecting situations

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

Personally I believe NOED is fine because it's 16 seconds per totem for a total of around 80 seconds. If survivors cannot stall the game for that long to do totems they deserve to die tbh.

Now if I had to change the perk to put an incentive on doing totems I'd make totems a more serious objective. That way the "optional objective" mentality would slowly be broken.

• Totem spawns increased from 5 to 8 - This provides more points overall and you're likely to walk across a dull totem
    • Totems now have a UI element next to generators with a counter starting at 5
    • HEX: No One Escapes Death reworked into something else
    • When the gates are powered if 5 dull totems are not cleansed a dull totem will light up and all survivors will become exposed. Exposed is revealed immediately rather than waiting for the first surprise hit from killer. This effect can be removed by finding the Hex totem and cleansing it. Movement speed is not gained from this totem.
    • Indirect TOTH buff because more totems

Now it's a compromise between both sides. It's now baseline so killers no longer waste a perk slot for NOED and survivors have the easiest way to know if they're about to get 1 tapped by an easily preventable perk. Because it's going to be in every game it becomes more straight forward that survivors need to cleanse instead of potentially wasting time if there actually wasn't NOED.

Or you could just leave it as it is and cleanse totems what ever works you know?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Alert survivors when the perk is active, not when the killer hits someone.

That or a totem counter.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I cleanse well hidden totems that I come across and leave easily found alone incase of NoED. Its important to leave the easy ones up so it increases the spawn chance on them instead of other hidden ones.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

A simple totem counter will suffice. Anytime I play survivor and I have to run past a dull totem, im always like...I should really cleanse that... Ill come back for it.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

It's easier and better to go for the unhooker most of the time because of BT and DS.

But when you do down the unhooked guy, slugging him still buys you time like slugging tends to do. You can compare the two but I don't think they're alike, searching a map for every totem location and cleansing them wastes an incredible amount of time compared to slugging, which even if it's worse than hooking them, will buy you time.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

That would defeat the purpose of it. If all survivors KNEW you were running noed, they'd all just rush totems. Do totems like your suppose to, or gamble and possibly pay the price. NOED is fine just the way it is. If you want a change, the only acceptable change for me would be changing it to where it's on a timer maybe (like 2mins or something) and then it's gone, but it's a regular perk, it can't be stopped by cleansing a totem. Pick your poison.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Counter to NOED is small game, don't want to spend the time getting rid of totems then don't complain. I'll use NOED, why? Because out of all the times i've equiped it, it's only ever not activated once.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2019

Totem counter would be a really bad idea imo.

One of the ONLY benefits at this time for hex totems is the time they spend looking for them, giving them a counter will not only shorten it, it will have a huge effect on "search times" for totems and most likely make hexes even less useable. It is effectively just buffing survivors to SWF capabilities.

Be prepared for your totems to go even quicker.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I never use noed because it is a weak perk. Cry more survivor baby.

• Mc_Harty

"When the perk is active"

Meaning after it's activated. Survivors still won't know you'll have your crutch til after the gates are powered.

• Mc_Harty

Good. This game needs to be balanced around SWF capabilities anyway.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I would personally be fine it totems took longer to cleanse if there was a counter. You could also incorporate more powerful perks that activate in the endgame like noed to incentivize cleansing totems.

• martin27

There is an incentive to cleanse totems, it's called NOED, no one wants to put in the effort because it doesn't fit with their idealised version of how the game should work.

• Mc_Harty
  • martin27

It can be both.

I just had a brilliant idea that will fix 2 problems make it so that MoM can also be used to find totems like small game. Then you have a second perk that can be used to find totems to stop NOED and a reason for people to use MoM now that it isn't OP.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2019

yes, as I said in my post, its effectively buffing survivors up to SWF status, it would have a profound effect on search times and most likely shorten the amount of time a killer benefits from running a totem. I think totems should have skill checks, but hey thats just me.

Personally, I dont run any hexes, I dont run ruin etc. But as I said, its just my opinion, Im not a dev, and my opinions are fairly worthless LUL

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

No dude they have enough things to hold their hands. What do we get to let us know 4 survivors have BT, ADRENALINE, etc?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Cleansing Totems for a Perk that the Killer MIGHT have is simply not optimal. If I cleanse 1 Totem, I need to cleanse all Totems, otherwise, I wasted Time. And if I cleanse all Totems, I lose 70 seconds (only cleansing time, searching for them will take even longer), in which I am not on a Gen. All for a Perk that the Killer might not even have.

I have written it quite often, OhTofu made a good suggestion (in my opinion):

Remove the Hex-Status of NOED.

For each Hook, 0,5% Movement Speed after all Gens are finished.

After a number of Hooks the Instadown.

This would put NOED more close to Adrenaline in terms of Reward. If a Killer got a lot of Hooks during the game, he will have quite a good effect of NOED. If someone struggles and relies on NOED, this Killer will not be able to really use it.

Because, lets face it, it is WAY to easy to down people with NOED. First of all, you only need half of the chase because of the Instadown, second with 4% extra Movement Speed, you dont need to mindgame.

So in the end, current NOED is simply a band-aid for people who struggle with playing Killer in general.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Just like NOT picking up a survivor recently off the hook is not optimal because they may have DS?

• ZacKdbd
    ZacKdbd Member Posts: 99

You’re obviously trying to be smart but you can’t see that the guy is right, and you aren’t.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • martin27

This game isn't about being optimal it's about survival. I survivors are going to refuse to cleanse totems then why shouldn't every kill run NOED.