no more excuses

Options
a game where i play the pig.  i hooked 3 survivors twice and one of them once.  no tunneling-no camping.  all escaped.  i would have hooked them a third time had i the opportunity.  i also don't mess with them when they have a box on their head.  strategically garbage and isn't "playing fair" in my book.  i gained a pip and mass bloodpoints   no more excuses.  it can be done without playing like one's own personal issues have taken dominance in their own mind 

https://youtu.be/mWBo_wtEB7A

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Is that rank 18 I see? What exactly are you trying to show?

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    i believe the intent was stated in the original post.  i don't recall mentioning "beast mode" or my aspirations of being wonderful in the eyes of the community.  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    i could easily pip up with this criteria in place now, the same as any craptastic killer.  do i want to go all sweaty-palmed over it?  probably not.
  • Orion
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    i believe the intent was stated in the original post.  i don't recall mentioning "beast mode" or my aspirations of being wonderful in the eyes of the community.  

It really wasn't, at all. You just said you played casually against noobs during a double BP event, and got a lot of BP (duh) and a pip. Was your intention to get a lot of BP? Was your intention to play casually? Was your intention to play against noobs? Was your intention to pip? I don't get paid enough to read minds, so if you could enlighten me...

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    the score for me was 25,000 i believe.  duh.  
  • Orion
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:

Was that your intention? I'm still in the dark about what you actually intended to prove or do. Again, I don't get paid enough to read minds.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    if you can't understand the intent, then you have my pity as delusion has a vice grip on your mind that no words can break loose.
  • Orion
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    if you can't understand the intent, then you have my pity as delusion has a vice grip on your mind that no words can break loose.

You haven't said your intent. Excuse me if I can't extrapolate your intent from the multiple outcomes you stated. I'll just assume your goal was to play casually against noobs.

• Orion
    Options

@Kuris said:
    now you try again at rank 1

Since his intention was to play casually against noobs, that's gonna be harder to do. At least I'm guessing that was his intention, since he hasn't bothered to say anything concrete about it.

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 191
    Options

@Orion said:

@Kuris said:

Since his intention was to play casually against noobs, that's gonna be harder to do. At least I'm guessing that was his intention, since he hasn't bothered to say anything concrete about it.

Im assuming his intention is along the lines of "look, i can win against low level survivors without using strategies that are viable at high rank, now you can all do this at high rank because i did it at low rank"..

dunno, maybe hell try and correct me

• Orion
    Options

@Kuris said:

@Orion said:

@Kuris said:

Im assuming his intention is along the lines of "look, i can win against low level survivors without using strategies that are viable at high rank, now you can all do this at high rank because i did it at low rank"..

He didn't kill anyone, so as a Killer, he lost.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    i could easily pip up with this criteria in place now, the same as any craptastic killer.  do i want to go all sweaty-palmed over it?  probably not.
    DBD is a game right? Did you have fun? Then ignore the trolls on this message board. If you didn't have to tunnel or patrol and still pipped who cares about your rank.
  • Orion
    Options

@Paddy4583 said:
    Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

You haven't said your intent. Excuse me if I can't extrapolate your intent from the multiple outcomes you stated. I'll just assume your goal was to play casually against noobs.

I think his intent was to show that, his way of playing killer gets you points and a pip, but ultimately doesn’t get you a single kill even against noobs 

Makes sense.

• Orion
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    EpicFailTryHard said:

DBD is a game right? Did you have fun? Then ignore the trolls on this message board. If you didn't have to tunnel or patrol and still pipped who cares about your rank.

No trolls here, sweetie. OP didn't explain his intent and didn't explain his criteria. Instead, he rattled off a bunch of outcomes and expected us to extrapolate his intent based on him not being able to get a single kill against noobs.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    Well done you handicapped yourself and lost in a match against noobs.

No going to lie judging by how you worded this you're probably the type of person who runs around like a headless chicken when you have rbt then complains that the pig tunnels despite the fact you run right passed her.
  • F_Demiside
    F_Demiside Member Posts: 44
    Options

@Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

Was that your intention? I'm still in the dark about what you actually intended to prove or do. Again, I don't get paid enough to read minds.

I don't think people would pay you to ready your own mind LOL. And if they did they wouldn't have to pay much, that's a real light read. I understand completely what he is trying to say, you don't have to try hard and 4k every round and play like a dick bag to pip or "win" as a killer. Did people even attempt to actually read the original post or see that it was likely a survivor main who posted and just immediately start shitting on it.

• Orion
    Options

@F_Demiside said:

@Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

I don't think people would pay you to ready your own mind LOL. And if they did they wouldn't have to pay much, that's a real light read. I understand completely what he is trying to say, you don't have to try hard and 4k every round and play like a dick bag to pip or "win" as a killer. Did people even attempt to actually read the original post or see that it was likely a survivor main who posted and just immediately start shitting on it.

This is a perfect example of why I don't usually bother talking with Survivors. I read the OP and asked for clarification on what his intention was. In return, I get insulted. Killers, on the other hand, can usually have a conversation.

• F_Demiside
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Orion Every time you post a response it's nothing but condescending and generally unhelpful. I will call you out every time bud.

• F_Demiside
    Options

@DocOctober are you going to be one of those too? Just when I thought club dumb dumb was full up.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@F_Demiside said:
    @DocOctober are you going to be one of those too? Just when I thought club dumb dumb was full up.

Just answer the question. There's no need to be unnecessarily rude.

• F_Demiside
    Options

@DocOctober and which question might that be? If it's about that rash I'm sorry, I don't know how to clear up stupid. But it seems to be going around, I suggest actually reading comments first and thinking before you respond.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    a game where i play the pig.  i hooked 3 survivors twice and one of them once.  no tunneling-no camping.  all escaped.  i would have hooked them a third time had i the opportunity.  i also don't mess with them when they have a box on their head.  strategically garbage and isn't "playing fair" in my book.  i gained a pip and mass bloodpoints   no more excuses.  it can be done without playing like one's own personal issues have taken dominance in their own mind 

Yes it can be done at rank 18 :lol:

• Master
    edited July 2018
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Isn’t it funny how people say rank doesn’t mean anything/doesn’t matter but sees rank 18 and immediately assumes they’re noobs lol

Rank doesnt mean anything because every pleb can reach high ranks with the new systems.
    But that also means that the survivors hovering at rank 18 are complete beginners that are learning the basic of the game atm (btw, yesterday I started playing killer as rank 17 and the rank 17 queue took 30 minutes because everyone is at least green rank)

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Master said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Isn’t it funny how people say rank doesn’t mean anything/doesn’t matter but sees rank 18 and immediately assumes they’re noobs lol

Rank doesnt mean anything because every pleb can reach high ranks with the new systems.
    But that also means that the survivors hovering at rank 18 are complete beginners that are learning the basic of the game atm (btw, yesterday I started playing killer as rank 17 and the rank 17 queue took 30 minutes because everyone is at least green rank)

You don’t know why they are rank 18, they could be purposely de-pipping for whatever reason or they could have not played until this week for the double bp and 2.0 patch. Point is people can’t say rank doesn’t matter and then go judge someone by their rank. Now saying high ranks don’t matter I’d understand 
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@F_Demiside said:
    @DocOctober and which question might that be? If it's about that rash I'm sorry, I don't know how to clear up stupid. But it seems to be going around, I suggest actually reading comments first and thinking before you respond.

I won't bother with you. You're extremely hostile for zero reason.

• Master
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Master said:

@ThePloopz said:

You don’t know why they are rank 18, they could be purposely de-pipping for whatever reason or they could have not played until this week for the double bp and 2.0 patch. Point is people can’t say rank doesn’t matter and then go judge someone by their rank. Now saying high ranks don’t matter I’d understand 

Of course there will always be special snowflakes, but talking from my own experience, most low ranks at the moment are actually learning the game.
    Usually they play SWF with a high rank and get completely demolished by non-beginner killers while their rank 1 mate clicks at the killers face trying to get his attention

• F_Demiside
    Options

@DocOctober EZCLAP

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited July 2018
    Options
    i am going to post this for now and read/respond to the rest later tonight.  

i stopped playing killer as much about 2 months ago. I got tired of trying to get even with people or punish them. so many times, i would find myself trying to rid myself of some feeling that incurred 10 games ago by trying to inflict it on others that weren't even there. I found that doing good as a killer meant that I had to camp and tunnel which is just not my thing. 

a friend of mine once said, "i feel how i live".  meaning, if he lives crappy, it only follows he will feel crappy.  being happy is of the utmost importance to me these days. 

for one to say that they do not become emotionally involved in this game means that they experience no sense of competition.  I find this idea rather bizarre as this is indeed a competition, so I do find myself becoming emotionally invested in the experience.  the harassment from swf only compounded the impact of depipping and minimal bloodpoints.

i will now return to playing killer more as i have found i can get points and pip while not having to camp or tunnel.  this was always a playstyle i was forced into by swf.  a killer that still camps or tunnels under the new system is bad.  they just are, as they are only minimizing their own points.  major kudos to the devs.  they have been very good to us.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

the intent was to show that there is no sound reason for camping or tunneling.  other than trying to infect others with one's own issues.  swf can fart around all they want now and i needn't dodge them any more.  they no longer are able to depip killers and minimize their points.  the actions i do are what determines my success in a game.  i am no longer forced to camp people to death just to get bp and pip up or even safety pip.

seriously...thank you so much devs.  the game is now playable from a killer's aspect. 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Kuris said:

@Orion said:

@Kuris said:

exactly.  take the reins on this one and ride it for all it's worth.  god forbid you look at your own behavior and what it truly means.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Paddy4583 said:
    Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

I think his intent was to show that, his way of playing killer gets you points and a pip, but ultimately doesn’t get you a single kill even against noobs.

He’s attempting to shame killers who tunnel and go for broke when they play. His point would have been better proved if he’d actually achieved his goal as the killer but I’m gonna go on a limb and say he’s a survivor main, and this to him is the ideal game.

i have two killers at 3p and all the rest at p2.  not ideal game but to do well, i didn't need to camp and tunnel like the pros.  i suppose if i had, the confetti would be raining right now.
  • BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options

@Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

Yep, that's what I got out of it :)
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Well done you handicapped yourself and lost in a match against noobs.

No going to lie judging by how you worded this you're probably the type of person who runs around like a headless chicken when you have rbt then complains that the pig tunnels despite the fact you run right passed her.
    ok.
  • Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

Keyword: It CAN be done. Not like it's likely. You probably got matched with ######### survivors.
    It's like throwing a ball 700 meters and hitting a guy with in his dick. Like, it CAN happen, but you can't just say "If you're GOOD at throwing a ball, you can throw a ball at a guy you can't see 700 meters away right in his dick."

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options

@Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

oh, thank the heavens.  someone gets it.  reaffirms my faith in mankind.  thank you. sir.  well said.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Orion said:

@F_Demiside said:

@Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

This is a perfect example of why I don't usually bother talking with Survivors. I read the OP and asked for clarification on what his intention was. In return, I get insulted. Killers, on the other hand, can usually have a conversation.

ok, i'm sorry i got defensive but i doubt diplomacy was your intent when addressing me.  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Tsulan said:

Wouldn´t you prefer to play like this?

depends on if camping or tunneling was required.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Master said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

Yes it can be done at rank 18 :lol:

are you saying the same outcome is exclusive to rank 18 as far as bloodpoints earned and pips received?  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Master said:

@ThePloopz said:

yeah.  the highest i have been is rank 14 and it just means a greater likelihood of swf and 5 minute games.

again i say.  2 killers 3p and all the rest 2p.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    ThePloopz said:
    Master said:

@ThePloopz said:

zactly.  i am of the belief that all this bluster from "killer mains" is an attempt to smokescreen their own eyes from the reality of their condition.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options

Shouldn't we let people play the way they want to play? If that's how you play and you find it fun, sure! I don't mind a thing as long as players aren't using exploits or griefing. It's okay to play casual and it's okay to play competitively.

also part of my point.  camping and tunneling is griefing.  look at how the ones that employ it's use talk about it.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options

Keyword: It CAN be done. Not like it's likely. You probably got matched with ######### survivors.
    It's like throwing a ball 700 meters and hitting a guy with in his dick. Like, it CAN happen, but you can't just say "If you're GOOD at throwing a ball, you can throw a ball at a guy you can't see 700 meters away right in his dick."

if i was unsuccessful at consistently hooking survivors, i would have probably stopped playing killer.  i want them to be unhooked to maximize my points.  now, i don't need to camp them to death just to get points.  killer is now fun to play again.  thank you so much, devs.
  • Orion
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Orion said:

@F_Demiside said:

@Orion said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

ok, i'm sorry i got defensive but i doubt diplomacy was your intent when addressing me.  

You doubt wrong. Regardless, your conclusion is flawed. This is one game at low rank. Look how marth and the rest did their experiment: 100 games at high ranks. Even then I'd say they should have gone for 10 times or even 100 times more games, but I understand it's not exactly fun to play a game the same way 10000 times.