FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Give your vote. Here's mine.

πŸ‘

Β«1

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

and title the discussion with something like: crossplataform can be possible

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

πŸ‘πŸ€

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

If it means that the PS4 community is not left behind then this can only be a good thing!

+1

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

just open a straw poll or something.

• Angelicus23

it means that friends from different platforms can play together

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@FredKrueger

Getting better is not the problem.

But you cant play Nurse or Pig with controller.

Pig ambush and Nurse blink is something rly fast with much turn around movement.

This is just something impossible with bad framerate and controller.

PC players can just do more things.

And thx the entity Im a PC player.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Fortnite has a good solution to that, where friends who play together are placed against certain platforms depending on the composition of the players (a group with a PC player always plays against PC, a group with a console player but no PC plays against console, and a group of only mobile players play against mobile).

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Yes, absolutely.

More players = less waiting for a match

I don't care if I get wrecked

• ShyN3ko

@TAG

And do you think the DbD devs will do this?

We know many things about the devs.

Ingame settings dont have everything (chase music, sound ,etc)

Less ingame informations.

Example:

Pig ambush and jigsaw boxes.

Sloppy Butcher doesnt work, STBFL too.

But one shot things work.

Hex: Lulaby doesnt work with jigsaw boxes.

Because there are different skill checks.

but they are skill checks, but the perk doesnt work.

For every ingame addon, you must visit DbD wiki.

And crossplay is rly difficult and I just dont trust the devs in this point.

Yeah it sounds rly fun, but in reality...........

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I'm in favor of cross play, but I am a PC player, so admittedly, I wouldn't suffer any of the downsides from it. But more players in the same matchmaking = better queues.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

Sorry but I don't see the problem. If one has difficulties with playing nurse or pig on console, what would crossplay change? They won't be forced to play nurse or pig just because crossplay exists.

Besides, if you're a PC player... How do you know it's hard? Do you have tested it yourself or are you just parroting? (not to say nurse isn't most likely harder to play on ps4, but that is no argument to not implement crossplay, nor does it affect you anyway since you're on PC?)

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I support cross-play between all consoles. If that makes it to DBD then consider looking into incorporating PC into the mix based off of feedback. The main argument I see against PC + Console is PC has superior control over their characters with a KB/M although I feel as though that only applies to two killers being Nurse + Huntress where it's crucial. As survivor you can easily play with a controller and have no problems at all.

tl;dr - I support cross-play with consoles and THEN pc

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019

I am down for cross-play. @Peanits how feasible is this? I know several games have platform cross-play issues since the companies are competitors. Would this be a realistic goal implementation if we had dedicated servers? The only case of Anti-Crossplay I would be on would be Pc/Consoles and Mobile. Mobile needs to just stay mobile. Have crossplay with different mobile setups.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

You are aware it has nothing to do with the devs and everything to do with the companies that provide the online service right. Like how some games have cross play with xbox or pc because of microsoft or microsoft with nintendo because they'll allow it. Put Sony doesn't want cross play and has stopped it from happening on their platform.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

it should be implemented way before tbh

• Angelicus23
  • NeonAlien

Agreed, I've seen a LOT of great pigs and even some great nurses on console. Though really good nurses may be rarer than on PC, they definitely exist.

• FredKrueger

Does rocket league ring a bell? And yes, ps is becoming more friendly with other consoles. It's one of their new goals to make gaming with friends who have different systems still be able to play.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Cross play would be ######### epic!

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

We want, we want CROSSPLAY 🎡

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I see no reason why this shouldn't be a thing.

• ShyN3ko

@NeonAlien

I play console by a friend.

And I tried out Pig.

So it would affect me, because I could play with my friend.

But still I dont want crossplay without special settings.

As example:

That I can deactivate crossplay on PC and console.

Without special settings, survivors would just bully PS4 killer.

And the matchmaking could be even worse.

Because DbD has a special algorithmus.

"You will only play vs players in your region for better connection"

"You will play only with players in you rank"

"22k players are online in DbD"

15 min lobby time and then I got 4 chinese players as enemys.

With rank 1, 15 , 20 , 4.

I would say yes too crossplay.

But not in this game.

Because I just dont trust the programmers.

• NeonAlien

@ShyN3ko

"I play console by a friend.

And I tried out Pig.

So it would affect me, because I could play with my friend."

No it doesn't. Only if you choose to play pig on console, but no one is forcing you.

I also don't think that pig is harder than on PC, but I haven't played the killer at all so I'm just talking of my experience on facing amazing pigs on console.

Aside form that, I kinda get your point. The game still needs to be more optimized for console. But to me, that's not a breaking point. I'd still like crossplay, because I think the waiting times for matches would improve considerably, and I could play with friends who only have the game for PC, because I prefer to play on console for comfortable reasons.

• FredKrueger

And to all who say nurse is un-playable on ps4, or would get crushed by PC players, I say step yo game up. It's very possible. I'll just leave this here...

We want cross-play!

• BadgerT40
    BadgerT40 Member Posts: 48
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Crossplay - it's always a yes

Any company that thinks otherwise is plain crap

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

YES!!!!!!!!

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I don't see why not, maybe console to console crossplay first until the game is more optimized, close or equal to pc standards

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    edited July 2019

Console players should always have the choice of going against pc or not. So just give them a checkbox ingame. Simple fix for everyone.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019

@Peanits it would be nice if you guys took the time to think of it from a technical standpoint. Then if between talks it was like 'Yeah, this just won't work because of x/y/z.' just come out and say it. The fact that you would take the time to have the talk is more than silence. That or possibly a 'Yes, this would be possible and the discussion has been thrown around. However, it isn't on high priority now.' is showing it is a possibility from a technical standpoint and that the mechanic is considered. With the roadmaps being done it isn't like saying this would ruin surprises.

Post edited by Jdsgames on
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Crossplay would solve lobby problems...

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Careful with how your contract is worded...I got tricked with cross-fit...

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25

They can't do it because all of their resources thrown at the cosmetics team..poor devs they need money we all understand

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

im not completely against it but... idk if i need any more god tier nurses in my games tbh

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

I vote for cross play between PS4 and Xbox only. The advantage that PC players would have due to controller sensitivity and frame rate issues on console would not be fair for console players. If these issues are resolved, then the more the merrier.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Sure, sonds good.

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202

I vote no I don’t feel like getting destroyed by a pc nurse or swf bully squad. If it’s ps4 with Xbox fine but absolutely not pc.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

No ty.