Ranked Play Not Having Add-Ons

So this is an ambitious as ######### post, but I've really been thinking about this. I think a core issue of this game is that there is progression in the game that can have an influence on a ranking system through inherent advantages. I believe we need to have a casual queue where people are allowed to use the items they have attained in their bloodwebs, but the ranked queue needs to prohibit the use of add-ons and possibly offerings as well, perks would still be allowed. The main inspiration I have for this is the upcoming changes to Hag and Trapper, there are some nice quality of life changes being brought to the core powers of the killers but much of the buffs they are receiving have to do with their add-ons. There is nothing wrong with add-ons being in the game nor the balance of add-ons, but when add-on buffs are being looked at as a means of buffing killers desperately in need of buffs that's where I see an issue, I thought that we didn't like add-on reliant killers x cough x doctor x cough x. Yet these changes are being praised by many killer players as being a great thing, when realistically it shows support for a form of balancing that doesn't fix killer's at their core, which should be the focus when it comes to balancing a character in my opinion. I believe these changes are a prime example of how add-ons can break the competitive scene of this game, as buffing add-ons is a half-ass way of buffing killers, add-ons should enhance a power, but not be necessary for a killer to be considered viable in a competitive scene. The truly competitive scene of DBD doesn't even allow the use of add-ons, offerings, or sometimes even perks. Even the officially partnered Space Esports "Tournament" that recently happened, if that is how we treat the competitive scene (which I agree is how it should be treated), than that should be incorporated into the ranked scene of this game. Once again this is ambitious and bound to piss some people off, but I want to know what people think about this proposal.

Comments

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

I understand the reasoning, but I have to disagree with this suggestion. It would make at the very least the Killer game incredibly boring since most of the newer Killers can vary their playstyle very much depending on their choice of Add-ons.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    You would have to remove items for survivors 
  • det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    Honestly it would be kinda cool if there was a barebones version of the game.
  • det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    Like along with the "classic" mode.