Ghostface needs immunity to Object of Obsession while in stealth (he's also still broken)

2»

Comments

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

Just drop it. Ghostface already ruined the game.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

okay, thats great. And what im saying is that object shouldnt help agaisnt those specific killers. Just becuase you bring Object of obsession doesnt give you the right to use it aginst a killers if said killers ability is made completely redundant because of it. And saying "i dont know what killer im facing, therefore i should be able to use it against every killer" isnt a very good excuse now is it?

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

For example, not lots of people uses Urban Evasion, and its only good for The Hag, I use it on my build and every time I face her I feel blessed because Im out of flashlights.

Same with Balanced Landing, sure its great if its your kind of game, but in some maps its totally useless.

What you say it would be terrible if 4 players are using it, but thats one in a million, also what you propose? killer can see the player using OOO but not the other way?

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

Just another reason to run play with your food on ghostface. Let's you dumpster the obsession pretty quick and reliably if you know where they are.

• UltraBanana

I don't think so, I have played both extensively and would say ghostface is the superior killer. Myers is massive and you really need to use monitor to get right up on people like ghostface can. He has a super weak early game where-as ghostface can get easy gen grabs or exposes right off the bat. With crouch add-ons (my favorite on ghostface for sure) you can also crouch at a lot of pallet loops for some mindgames no other killers can do. The tombstone add-ons provide 0 map pressure against a really good team and you will never reliably tombstone good players without full food stacks, which also takes a lot of time to build. Even then, once you take out the first player with it the others can hump lockers so you will need to get really good angles to be able to tombstone another. Ghostface also has a pretty disgusting unhook game, and unlimited exposes. I sometimes expose people just to scare them away while I go defend generators; myers cannot afford to do that.

That said, object does really screw over ghostface significantly more than myers and I would never play either killer without the crutch of spirit fury / enduring or play with your food (the superior option in my opinion, if you can get full stacks it ends chases so much faster than having to build up spirit fury and is not countered by early pallet throws). I also never take him against SWF groups because that is usually asking to get stomped.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@UltraBanana

So let talk about the crouch. There are plenty of loops where you can see the killer overhead to deny ghostface that advantage so its very situational how often you can use that trick. The crouch also slows you down whilst moving in it even with addons and his leather is way more louder then myers breathing. His stealth can be replicated with myers with monitor and dead rabbit which is merely an add on and a perk not a big ask which does not turn off except in chase. His early game might be slow at times but its more then made up for with his crazy snowball potential with a well timed tier 3.

Myers can 4 man slug way harder then most other killers meaning hes never really completely out of the game. Tomestone builds ie. Tombstone piece in terms of stalk is not that big of an ask if you continue to pressure and dont just mindlessly stalk. As for lockers, survivours need to get gens done and if there hoping in lockers that's eating up serious time and is giving you free hooks. Judiths tombstone is to be avoided but tombstone piece is actually quite reasonable espicially if your running a dying light build the obssesion rarely sees it coming.

Already I have described a variety of builds with strong strategies while ghostface is the same build and playstyle everygame. M1 killer with no varience in his kit minus some gimmicky crouch add ons and stalk enhancers. On loops he has no extended lunge or action speed increase which is significantly reliable then a crouch that works only on a limited number of loops if the survivour dosent just play it safe and hug the other sides or run away from the loop while your crouched on the ground unaware of them leaving.

• UltraBanana

Like I said before, myers is massive. Even with an 8m terror radius people will still see you a mile away unless you are taking weird routes throughout the map. There are also lots of open maps that basically make it impossible to hide your approach; where-as a crouching ghostface can still sneak up on the generator. Corn maps are a great example of this; where survivors can see you right over the corn. A crouching ghostface is totally invisible in the corn. Ghostface is easily the sneakiest killer in the game.

Turning off his red right while being able to hide which direction he is going at a loop is pretty strong. I am pretty sure he is still moving faster than the survivor while crouched if you use the add-ons. That along with no red light at regular tiles makes mindgames at loops very potent a lot of the time. Usually when I am crouching at a loop it happens very fast (like less than a second or two) with a quick direction change so I can't say I lose them because im crouching often. His 'playstyle' depends on his perks and I don't think "it's the same every time" more or less than any other killer; who all have 1 ability.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

Or how about object of obsession doesn't work at all against those killers? Granted urban evasion works well against hag etc. like you've suggested, but your not crouching all around the map constantly, you'll only crouch when you know theres a trap there.

Having object of obsession work against stealth killers means you know where they are ALL THE TIME and it can be extremely unbalanced. Although im fine with killers having counter play through perks such as urban evasion for hag or calm spirit for Doc, the idea of a perk completely REMOVING a killers ability is absurd and should not be allowed.

Either it shouldnt work at all against stealth killers while they're in stealth, or the killer should only be able to see them. Only while they are in stealth form mind you. It would at least put a bit of risk into running such a strong perk.