The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Meta is insane

Ok, Strict to the point

Behaviour should really look into some killer perks that appear in about 90% of the games : Hex ruin, Chilli, Nurse calling and surveillance.

There is not a single day that i don't see at least 3 out of 5 matches with the same set in any killer at all.

There is not a SINGLE game that those perks aren't used at maximum efficiency, and Behaviour is just making a blind eye to it since it works and it is STRONG as hell and they have almost no way to counter it, the killer does not have the job of finding a survivor with his own eyes anymore. And i don't think balance is the focus of the company anymore.

Is there any possibility of making OTHER perks viable or it's just like that and it will never change?

Comments

• Efidepe
    Efidepe Member Posts: 19

Wish those perks appear more, since they are "at least" situational

In Brasil and all South America region is kinda rare both perks.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

For one bbq is fine, Nurses calling is fine just don't heal if the killer has nurses calling.

Hex ruin is fine the only thing that they could change is make it more hidden. And Surveillance is a ok perk.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

um why do u use spirit fury on hag? just trap pallets and watch them panic

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

How you counter Enduring? Corrupt Intervention? Thanatofobia?

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

Enduring is suppose to be a counter to a gameplay mecanism that is offer for free for survivor ... Enduring alone didn't need to be counter as it still stun the killer in case and the killer will still need to break after that...

Corrupt intervention : either do the considered gens (and as the number of gens is limited found people to gen rush will be more easy) or hide (but no one like this option like when noed were limited in time).

Thanatophobia ? The thing is that the perk barely slowdown the game, stealth and loop will still make you get more time to do gens which will counter the perk effect. So you need no perks to counter it.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

^This

It really goes both ways. Survivors too have hand-holding Perks for everything.

• Efidepe
    Efidepe Member Posts: 19

Precisely, there is a lame variation of perks for survivors in the moment compared to the killer meta

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619

Survivors meta is lame as well: BT, Adrenaline, BL and Dead hard.

Adreanilne and BL should have been nerfed in last year, guess what)

Developers are scared to ######### when it comes to touching meta things.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

just let the perks be as they are.

• alienschmalien
    alienschmalien Member Posts: 151

DS is the only good perk here.

Deliverance is situational at best and requires a safe hook rescue. You are not always guaranteed this.

Urban Evasion is the worst survivor perk in the book because it literally encourages people to not be good at the game by crouching around the entire time and not interacting with the killer.

Urban Evasion + Sprint Burst survivors are nine times out of 10 the ones who don't know how to do anything in a chase.

Survivors have the worst meta perks at the moment. Self Care used to be meta but now it's slow and dreadful.

Sprint Burst is lame. Dead Hard either barely works or is bugged half the time.

Head On and Lithe are fine but situational as all get out and Head On shouldn't even be an exhaustion perk.

Adrenaline is solid and along with DS one of the only truly good meta survivor perks right now.

Meanwhile each patch has add more and more amazing options for killers and outside of gutting Legion ever killer buff lately has been a pretty amazing one.

Anyone remember when Hag used to be trash? Remember that? Freddy? Remember when running Sloppy was considered a joke?

Even the smaller buffs like Wraith helped him be a touch more viable.

TL:DR surivor perks for the most part? Really just what a perk is a small boost. Not majorly game changing anymore. They've made sure of that patch after patch.

Killer perks? They're not perks. They can majorly change the flow of the game now. They're hella strong now. Too strong. They need to be looked at.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

No, not really. Both sides have perks that can change the flow of the game.

For example, Everyone's getting slugged. Your Unbreakable or Flip-Flop can turn this situation 180 degrees. Flashlight and even Head On (even tho less situational) can also do that. It's just (i'll admit) way harder that Killer's side.

OH ALSO

"Can't find those pesky survivors? BBQ, Bitter Murmur, Whispers, Nurses, etc.

Generators going too fast: Ruin, Corrupt Intervention, Thrilling Tremors, Pop, etc."

1st you need to proc bbq (by finding the surv) and then it can be countered. Bitter Murmur gives you info you already knew (enchances it basically) and Nurse's... is Nurse's.

And idk how Thrilling Tremors stops gens from going too fast. It should be in the "Can't find those pesky survivors?" category ;)

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

Deliverance is literally amazing and if you are in solo Q and the first one getting caught that is your own fault.

Urban evasion is also amazing if you know how to use it and lets you sneak around a barrel or something right in front of the killers face where you would normally get caught. It also counters hag pretty hard. If you are sneaking around boxes and such while the killer searches for you at your gen it is taking the exact same amount of time away from the killer as being in chase, and using no pallets to boot.

Lithe is for running infinites. It's probably the most toxic exhaustion perk if you really know how to use it. You won't change my mind on that.

Adrenaline is OP if used en-mass but everyone who runs it will still complain about NOED.

DS is also pretty ridiculous at red ranks where 4/4 survivors will all be hitting great skill checks regularly and the games are 5-6 minutes long with no ruin unless you are running a super strong killer who is downing people every 30 seconds. There are a TON of times where someone is unhooked, gets healed, I down someone else across the map and then come back to the gen I know they are still at and down them again and then get DS'd because it hasn't even been a minute yet.

I also can't believe it's 2019 and people still complain about BBQ. Find a gen, then find a nearby locker, and when someone else goes down sit in the locker for 5 seconds. Or run distortion.

Spirit fury enduring is probably the only killer combo I think is close to broken but even then if you know they have it you can start dropping pallets early and they can't use it.

Nurses is super counterable, I don't heal in the killers terror radius ever.

The game is killer biased if the survivors are bad, but very survivor biased if they are good unless the killer is using an OP character like nurse.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

Yes let's talk about hand holding shall we?

Work on a Gen - Icon floating above your head telling you that you are cursed.

You become exposed - icon floating over your head

Any status effect change - icon floating over your head

There are visual cues that tip you off to all of that stuff, but for some reason, the devs felt it necessary to not have you pay attention or do deductive reasoning based on those subtle, yet obvious, visual cues. A survivor HUD is basically a girl scout merit badge sash in the making.

So suck it up on both sides everyone. It's a video game.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited August 2019

I can't help but wonder what rank you're playing at.

Most M1 killers not using Enduring+Spirit Fury are literal jokes at red ranks.

Surveillance doesn't even figure among the top 5 perks in the dev stats iirc. It's a mid tier perk. If you're going to actively kick gens I'd rather run Pop which at least does something meaningful to delay the game. And you know survivors will touch the gens you kick already, you don't need a perk for that.

And every single killer perk can be worked around.

I think you've had a few bad individual experiences recently and you're generalizing it now, but nothing you pointed out is actually a balance problem. It's like killer mains complaining about, say, Adrenaline when there are no survivor perks complaint-worthy right now either.

• gantes

What I would argue is that we need more good perks on both sides to increase build variety.

• gantes

MoM is a terrible example because it was an abomination that didn't belong in this game.

There can be strong perks without being that horribly made.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

MoM just needs to also have Safe unhooks grant stacks as well as protection hits.

Then it'll be a good combo with farm forever.

Another buff that I suggest is that it also protects you from going down to an insta down at healthy (say you were running from the killer and you were obsession and healthy and the killer had Rancor. Your have your Mom ready and when they hit you, rather than going down you just go injured. You'd still have to work for the perk though by getting safe unhooks and protection hits).

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Drop pallets earlier, hide until it wears off, heal.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

I have no idea what the helll your talking about. Already we have a variety of perk builds being run with killers. The obly reason killer run perks like spirit fury and enduring is to deal with bad map design. Ie blood lodge and most coldwind farm maps.

Honestly survivour has way more standardised perks adrenaline, ds, dead hard/balanced landing and bt. Rarely do i see a build deviate unless the survivour is memeing around. There are plenty of amazing survivour perks but people choose to play safe running standard high powered perks. Iron will, spine chill, prove thyself, streetwise and lithe are only a few fantastic options available.

If anything survivours need to look beyond extra health states and looping perks and look at other approaches to dbd. Killer builds can massively vary however killer builds are forced to be reactive. Using perks like bambozle to block badly designed windows

• BillyMitchell
    BillyMitchell Member Posts: 1

The killers are much too strong and the survivors always more nerve ... Beside that we have a killer who is also host of the game and a lot of bugs against the survivor ... Including the hitbox windows. ..

The game is too unbalanced and if we want to survive ... We must count on the 360 no brain that have nothing to do in the game ...

There is a lot to do and Behavior does not want to do it ... Thanks to the killers who have in the past ... Crying like girls ... As much at one time, the survivors were forewarned, so much of today, it is is the opposite ...

Beautiful balancing ...

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Hex Ruin is only a mainstay perk because gens get done ridiculously fast. at higher ranks. You can either push through or look for the perk. You can also bring Small Game to help you find the totem if you suspect there are going to be Hex Perks.

BBQ helps with BP and map awareness. You don't need it, but it does give you info that can inform your next desicions as killer.

Nurse's is good for finding survivors who insist on healing near you. I don't use it so much because they just don't heal near me much, but 28 m. is a lot farther than you'd think.

Last I checked, Surveillance is not a meta perk. It can be useful, but I find it really only works well with Pop Goes the Weasel, which I would consider a meta perk for high rank play.

I would love to see more viable perks, such as, I don't know, Save the Best for Last, or Franklin's Demise come into play. However, I think most survivors don't like seeing those. They like to be able to counter killer perks like NOED and Hex Ruin.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

We can settle this all in a very simple statement of fact.

There are 4 survivors whose job is to work as a team to survive. Solo Q or not that is the designed intent of the game. There is only one killer who has to choose 4 perks to deal with 16 perks spread across 4 players. Yes, killer perks will trend stronger as despite how much the game fails at instilling it, killer is a power role. As killer trades team coordination and combination play efforts for raw strength. Even then you have to pick and choose which strengths you want to express because you can't just swap on the fly.

Survivor meta is every bit as strong as killer meta in term outcome. Yes, survivor perks have gotten nerfed as of late, but it isn't for the sake of killers. They were nerfed because the devs don't like seeing what they consider a team game turning into a game where each survivor can effectively 1v1 the killer. If killers really got their way, you'd have less to worry about perk change wise. You'd see items and addons getting hit and map size cut down. A good killer will deal with your perks, but even a good killer can't fight good survivors and ######### maps without frustration.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Matches last forever when Killers run Ruin + PGTW together.

• Aikanaro

If I drop pallets earlier killer wont even have that 1 second stun, will break it anyway or if is not a safe pallet he/she could turn around and score a sure hit, so thats not a counter.

Sure, Im gonna wast 2 minutes of the game getting the chance to be spotted because the terror radius is mono, thats not a counter.

This is a team game, if Im doing a gen and someone is getting chased and receives a hit that applies to everyone, so not a counter either.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Killers have metas yes what about survivor its not killer fault to find good meta and alot of survivors have alot of metas like BL, Adredaline, Lithe and so on ppl can do whatever they want since theres no ilegal thing to do

• TAG

@Aikanaro

That doesn't make them not counters; it makes them counters you don't want to do.

• Aikanaro

Counter means you cancel something and you end up even, here you will end up losing sooner or later because those are half-assed solutions.

• TAG

@Aikanaro

Counter means you prevent those perks from being useful.

• Aikanaro

Exactly, and those solutions you gave are not preventing those perks from being useful at all.

Its like, hey Killer look how I hide for 2 minutes, your perk is useless LOL.

Someone is getting hit during a chase, wait 20 seconds killer so I heal myself if I have the perk and I can counter yours so its useless EZ.

• TAG
    edited August 2019

@Aikanaro

If the Killer can't find anyone before Corrupt Intervention expires, the perk did nothing.

Thanatophobia doesn't do anything meaningful unless no one is healthy. If y'all heal to keep the number of unhealthy people low, Thanatophobia is near useless.

• Aikanaro

He has 2 minutes to go wherever he wants and will see someone the ïf¨ if you are a wraith nurse GF or spirit is not very big, and has full confidence 3 gens will not be working in certain area, in small maps its a big deal.

It does, in this game every second matters, specially during the last seconds vs a high rank killer, without a toolbox it takes ages to finish a thana gen.

• Aikanaro

Yeah, also loop the killer for 5 minutes, go to the exit gate open it and escape.

• Aikanaro

That thing was already discussed like 8 posts above, adult person.

• TAG
    edited August 2019

@Aikanaro

You are underestimating how easy it is to just hide and wait out the Corrupt Intervention timer. Once that is done, the Survivors can run to gens as though the match had just started. Of the perks you mentioned, Corrupt Intervention is probably the easiest to render useless.

The Killer is the one on the clock, not the Survivors (at least, not until EGC). The Killer is not meaningfully slowing down the game unless Thanatophobia is at max power, and even then, it is not slowing things down THAT much. There is a reason why the only Killers who use it are Legion and Plague (Legion can kinda sorta keep people consistently-ish injured with Feral Frenzy, and broken means that Thanatophobia can get Survivors to use Pools of Devotion for Corrupt Purge).

• Aikanaro

I play solo, and the killer always find survivors even if Im being careful.

As far as Thanatophobia I´ve seen Freddys, Billys Nurses and Huntress using it, at least here in South America its pretty common in high ranks.

• TAG
    edited August 2019

@Aikanaro

Well, I guess you are not being careful, then.

Thanatophobia is not useful on those Killers. They are better off running something else. They normally do not run that perk.

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

Same for survivor, some perks are very strong some perks sucks

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

The only thing i know that counters Nurses is sole survivor, they should make more perks that decreases the killers aura reading range.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

It's interesting that you got your wish... and now the killer pool is smaller than ever. Careful what you wish for.