Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Some new totem spots are BS

Went against a Trapper on one of the Badham maps. His Ruin was tucked deep inside one of the tree spots. He had 3, yes THREE traps there that you can't get past to do the totem.

Like I'm all for making totems harder to find but this is kind of BS. It's not meant to last the entire game or be impossible to ever get. No totem should be impossible to do. The moment you touch one trap he would come back.

And yea we could "just do the gens" but that's not the issue here. Once someone dies you kind of need to get the totem unless its just 1 gen left.

Sorry but killers need to accept that their totems aren't meant to be permanent. Make it harder to find them sure. Hide them better, yes. I agree. But you shouldn't be able to lock down your totem like that. That's just dumb. There are a few spots now like this and they shouldn't exist. At the very least prevent traps from being set in these areas.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I agree, it's really stupid, but hey, killers can also get totems that are impossible to defend. I'm not justifying this, but both extremes do need tweaking in my opinion. :)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

U rite, nurse shouldn’t be able to stay near a totem because then it is impossible, survivors shouldn’t stay on a 99% gens while I’m almost there because that makes it impossible to stop them from completing it.

• NMCKE

I actually find it funny how the Trapper was like, "No one is touching my totem this game!" XD

• GrootDude

I had a nurse do something similar and I thought it was hilarious she wanted to throw the game for ruin. 🤣

• GrootDude

You can cleanse it though and you can still save people whenever Trapper traps the Thompson house. You couldn’t save with old face camping.

• NMCKE

I played Nurse before, I had my Devour Hope and Thrill of The Hunt spawn within blink distance from each other. They couldn't touch my totem to save their lives because I would right there instantly. :)

• GrootDude
  • MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

So you don't want Killers to protect their hex totems at all cost? If you and none of your teammates can get the totem, just do the gens, I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to learn how to hit the great skill checks almost every time

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2019

No you can't. Have you even played against this yet? It's impossible. The only way your getting the totem is if he let's you. You pop a trap and he's coming right back. Your not gonna get the totem. I've played against 3 Trappers that were able to do this on different maps in the past week. The Thompson House thing I've seen quite a lot since they added that hook in the attic.

Killers are getting their better totem spots, but now when it's too much they say it's fine. The irony is strong here. No neither end of the spectrum are fine. Totems should be hard to find, but not impossible to destroy.

Ok, so what if it's Devour and has has 3 tokens? You are basically screwed, permanent one shots and you can't destroy the totem.

• thesuicidefox

Dude, 3 traps. All impossible to step past. This was one of those little nooks that's like 3 survivors deep. You can't disarm all 3 and do the totem before he gets there. You'd be lucky to disarm 2 before he was halfway there.

• thesuicidefox

"totems are meant to be removable" Yet when I point out you can't remove them that's fair then? Yea okay.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

You can..just gotta get through the traps..its never " impossible" plus I'll be blunt with you..two survivors and one gen left..ruin or no ruin you were screwed if the killer had a brain which he must have since even minus 3 traps your team got wiped..besides, It was only impossible because you thought it was..maybe listen to a few of the others here..they gave some great ways to deal with what happened to you and there were more besides..think like I said..

• thesuicidefox

Play against this then come back and tell me it's still possible. I'll wait 🙄

• thesuicidefox

"it was still Trapper and it is OK to not be able to destroy the totem"

No it's not okay. That's the point. It shouldn't ever be put in a spot where he can literally put 3 traps and make it impossible to do. The only way it's possible to beat is if you are a 4 man SWF that is very coordinated. No that should never be the case.

Killers asked for better totem spots and I agree totem spots suck right now. But this is going TOO FAR in the other direction. If killers want to use totems then they need to accept that they will get destroyed at some point. If you want to not have it destroyed, then you need totem protection perks like TOTH or Haunted, and/or you should be ACTIVE in defending it. What @NMCKE did with his Nurse build is fine because he was actively stopping them on the totems. It's still a little dumb they were so close but that's still fine. Trapper does not need to ACTIVELY defend these totems spot though. If he equips Iri Stone it would literally be impossible because you disarm 3 traps, and by the time you finish the totem the trap beneath your feet opens and you get trapped, probably even before you can finish it. Trapper only needs to pay attention to it after hearing 3 trap pops, traps that you can't avoid.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Don’t think you have to worry about trapper getting 3 tokens before you eventually break it. Too much time in between for that totem to survive. He would be required to hook a survivor far away from the totem (and have to chase a survivor and down them). Not to mention if a survivor has found the totem and they’re just tooling around with them, making the trapper having to retrap over and over again. If he gets it before survivors notice devour? Well I’d be surprised if it got to that point since he’s dedicating so many traps in one area. He’s especially 115% speed with no power. Gens should be popped by then. Especially with the amount of pallets in Badham.

• thesuicidefox

You clearly don't understand my argument.

I'm not asking for them to be DEFENSELESS. I'm asking they aren't made impossible to destroy so easily. If I wanted them defenseless I'd ask for them to spawn out in the open and to remove TOTH/HG as options. SMH 🤦‍♂️

• thesuicidefox

I was playing as a 2 man. I have no control over what other survivors do, and random survivors tend to no do gens and look for totems. If you are a 4 man you can beat basically anything, but when you are at the mercy of other survivors things like this should be impossible.

Except that she has to actively stop you on the totems. She doesn't have the ability to set 3 "touch me nots" in front of it so that she basically doesn't need to do anything immediately.

And it's not about losing either, JFC. It's about IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ACTIONS. Nothing should be made impossible with no effort.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

I still don't get it. Trapper has always been able to do this. The fact there are 3 traps does not change anything. Disarm a trap after the other. If you ear the TR start running. Then trapper has to make a choice with only bad outcomes.

1. He chase after you. Depending on the map and how good you are of a survivor this can take a very long time for a M1 killer. Meanwhile the gens are undefended.
    2. He reset the trap(s) you have disarmed. Wich mean you can stop running and just hide. When he leave you go back and disarm again. If he stay to look for you, the gens are also undefended.
    3. He give up on his totem to keep defending the gens wich mean you can cleanse it.

Also if you have a toolbox you can sabo the traps if they really annoy you that much. Brown toolboxes are pretty common in chests.

Beside its not like its impossible to work the gens trough Ruin. Could be Lullaby or Devour Hope but thoses perks are a big gamble. So if Trapper brought a very high risk totem and managed to defend it successfully while not being gen rushed into oblivion, I think he deserve to take than win.

• immortalls96

It took the effort to grab 3 traps, set them..and guard them..that's hardly no effort and your complaint is that he kept coming back so literally it's the same scenario 0_0 what do you mean??

• thesuicidefox

He WAS able to do this, then the changed those totem spots so he couldn't. But now some of the new spots they added he can do it again.

• thesuicidefox

If he uses Iri Stone he never needs to come back. The Trapper in the most recent particular case did not use it, but the others did.

I play Trapper. I use Iri Stone regularly. Even I can see why this is a problem.

• immortalls96

Your suggestion makes the same scenario just with the illusion of being able to hide..with this totems would be made entirely defenseless to small game or maps..I understand your argument perfectly..what your not understanding is how rediculous it sounds

• thesuicidefox

Good luck sabo'ing 3 traps before it resets or the killer comes over.

• immortalls96

Lol traps take 3 minutes and respawning randomly, yeah he will come over but it's what you gotta do , theres a simple counter..therefore theres no problem, it's really that simple..

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

@thesuicidefox I feel your pain with dumb mates.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Sabod traps dont respawn without an addon and you could probably sabobone or 2 then hide forcing him to grsb and place one or two new traps wasting time while the 4th survivor can do gens or rescue the hooked guy. Disarming is what trapper can easily reset

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

I for one love how well hidden the totems are on the new maps, it’s a great first step to help improve totems in general. Next step would be to add a totem counter.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    edited August 2019

They are many BS things in this game and what you described even isn't that BS, so you need to get over it.

Post edited by Marcus on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited August 2019

While I understand the frustration, this is a special case. I know which Totem Spot you mean and it is indeed well-hidden, but apart from Trapper, no Killer can block of a Totem in this spot (ok, except for Hag with Collision Traps).

I mean, it has to be on this Map, vs Trapper AND this has to be his Hex Totem he has from the start that this happens. Kinda unlikely, and well, he got lucky with his RNG there.

I dont see any problem here, especially vs Trapper it can be hard to cleanse Hex Totems, when they are in a good Spot and he is taking care if a Trap is disarmed in front of the Totem.

This discussion has been closed.