The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I had probably the worst gaming experience I have ever had on DBD

2»

Comments

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@only1biggs said:
    You could have destroyed them if you played smarter. Did you see the flashlights in the lobby? Then you should have picked up facing walls or baited the pick up or slugged. You made the same mistake three times.

If one had DS assume they all do and play accordingly. Down them near hooks and if you carry the non obsession DS users, count to 6 and hook or count, then do one dribble, then hook... depending on where the nearest hook is. The obsession can just be slugged and played around.

As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart. I love going against these types as it's usually a guaranteed win.

That being said, Torment Creek is an awful map and one of the worst. But, you could have and should have killed them all.

Condescend much?

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

@IronWolf115 said:
    Ok, so let me set the scene. Coldwind farm; Torment Creek.

All I needed to hear. I already feel bad without reading the rest

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2018

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:
    You could have destroyed them if you played smarter. Did you see the flashlights in the lobby? Then you should have picked up facing walls or baited the pick up or slugged. You made the same mistake three times.

If one had DS assume they all do and play accordingly. Down them near hooks and if you carry the non obsession DS users, count to 6 and hook or count, then do one dribble, then hook... depending on where the nearest hook is. The obsession can just be slugged and played around.

As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart. I love going against these types as it's usually a guaranteed win.

That being said, Torment Creek is an awful map and one of the worst. But, you could have and should have killed them all.

Condescend much?

It's hard not to condescend to an idiot.

*edit - I'm actually not sure what parts you find condescending to be honest :')

• Outland

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

*edit - I'm actually not sure what parts you find condescending to be honest :')

Name calling, well that explains it, grow up junior. Maybe time to go out get a job, move out of the parents house and stop being "that guy".

Since I obviously used a word you didn't understand, here is the part where you were condescending.

"As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart."

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Name calling, well that explains it, grow up junior. Maybe time to go out get a job, move out of the parents house and stop being "that guy".

Since I obviously used a word you didn't understand, here is the part where you were condescending.

"As a Billy you should be destroying teams like this if you play correctly and smart."

LOL I'm mid thirties with my own place. Nice try, boy. Who's condescending now? AND assuming a great many thing. Jesus, get a grip.

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you an idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

Again, if you see my line you quoted as condescending, I don't know what to tell you. It's true. Based on what he said, as a Billy, he should have destroyed them if he played smart and correctly.

Post edited by only1biggs on
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

LOL I'm mid thirties with my own place. Nice try, boy. Who's condescending now? AND assuming a great many thing. Jesus, get a grip.

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you and idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

Again, if you see my line you quoted as condescending, I don't know what to tell you. It's true. Based on what he said, as a Billy, he should have destroyed them if he played smart and correctly.

So i'm an idiot?

This is coming from the guy who literally says bloodlust needs to be removed

Donkey.

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@IronWolf115 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you and idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

So i'm an idiot?

Donkey.

Well, yeah. You don't know how to play around flashlights and refuse to accept there are ways to play around flashlights. So..you're an idiot.

I actually said, it needs to be removed EXCEPT Myers EW 1 and Hag and only be Tier 1 Bloodlust. Bloodlust rewards bad killers. As you need it and given the topic of this thread, you are indeed, a bad killer.

Try again.

• Outland

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Now... did you think I was "name calling" toward you, or OP? Because I and MANY others explained to OP what he did incorrectly and what he could have done to not have a bad experience, but he refused the help, so yeah, he's an idiot. If you thought I was calling you an idiot, then you are wrong. I was calling OP an idiot and he was, as I just explained.

I thought you were calling me an idiot.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

Ok, so let me set the scene. Coldwind farm; Torment Creek. I am Hillbilly I spend a couple of minutes searching around for a survivor and find one. Chase happens for a few mins and then I chainsaw her, IMMEDIATELY a survivor comes in with a flashlight and saves her with perfect timing. Ok so it's annoying but we ALL deal with flashlights so I shrug it off and get back to it. So I then find a different survivor, chase happens and I get her down by the cow tree ( the awful loop ). Pick her up, FLASHLIGHT, perfectly again. It was a different survivor with the flashlight this time. So at this point i'm thinking SWF so I get more nervous but push on. 3 of the survivors are around the cow tree and the killer shack, the two flashlight survivors are AMAZING at looping so I decide to fo for the weaker link, I chase her for a few mins, get her down and... you guesed it, FLASHLIGHT. So now i'm really getting annoyed, I try to go for the flashlight survivors again but to no avail because it would waste an EXTREME amount of time. While all this is going on btw i'm getting teabagged. So then I decide "ok i'll go away from here and they will follow me". They did and then I tried to get them again away from the really bad loops. Sprint burst. I chase them ALL the way back to the same location and the cycle continues. All the while, gens are getting done from the person that is not doing all this too me. So AGAIN I try to get someone down, again it is the weaker link, and again, FLASHLIGHT.

So at this point I am weighing up my options and decide this: I see literally NO path to victory in this game and so, I admit, I quit the match. Please understand i almost NEVER quit games no matter how bad they have gotten, but this was on another level. It was like a well-oiled machine that was perfectly flashlighting, perfectly coordinated and perfectly looping.

So after I quit I look at the perks: 4 DS, 2 flashlights with great add-ons and 4 sprint burst.

And then the messages started coming through. I won't write them ALL but here are a few:

" How are you rank 1 noob, go back to rank 20 "

"EZ" ( This was an Ochido fan just for context )

" EEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ DUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEEE"

" Rank 1, wow "

So whether me rage quitting was right or wrong is a different topic of conversation, but my point with this post is that:

1. I was in a situation with no clear path to ANY sort of victory
    2. I was against the most toxic team, and build I have EVER seen
    3. After all this, I'M the bad guy here

A team that tries to take the fun out of the game is nothing new to anyone i'm sure, but the reason they are like this is because they have the tools to be able to. The devs have given the survivors all the power and now this is the result of it.
    I am livid and am fearful to even play the game now because of this crap.

I had to just get this off my chest because I have literally never seen anything quite like it in a game before, thank you for reading this rant

Peace.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I asked one of them if they were SWF, they said yes and gloated about it just for a little extra info here

i can deal with all the nonsense but the harassment.  i feel no shame about leaving when it gets that bad.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

@only1biggs said:

If one had DS assume they all do and play accordingly. Drop them near hooks and if you carry the non obsession DS users, count to 6 and hook or do one dribble then hook, depending on where the nearest hook is. The obsession can just be slugged and played around.

Uh, no. I cant pick them up near walls because they are being told " Don't die near walls"
    So that then means I cant do anything about DS becasue they don't even need to use DS
    And I don't know what drugs youj are on, but NO killer can deal with this crap

....and any killer that says they can should provide video.
  • only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Well, I wasn't, but I should be now.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@only1biggs said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

So i'm an idiot?

Donkey.

Well, yeah. You don't know how to play around flashlights and refuse to accept there are ways to play around flashlights. So..you're an idiot.

I actually said, it needs to be removed EXCEPT Myers EW 1 and Hag and only be Tier 1 Bloodlust. Bloodlust rewards bad killers. As you need it and given the topic of this thread, you are indeed, a bad killer.

Try again.

I don't particularly care about the opinion of a sad little troll who has no concept of the reality of the balance of this game,

" Bloodlust needs to be removed"
    " You're an idiot if you can't beat SWF, flashlights, 3 DS on one of the worst maps in the game"

You clearly have no idea of the realities of this game, and if you do you are simply in denial that there is a problem.

Good day

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425

I feel sad when i read this because i can understand OP.

flashlights are not a huge problem for me anymore as i tend to run around hitting people then when they're a bit away from me, i grab the guy i want while my back is facing them. they often dont have enough time to run over and flashlight stun me. the moment i grab the guy, i turn around another way. often my screen is white, but i wasnt stunned.

but ofc they also have DS so i guess the chase would be long again.

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@IronWolf115 said:

@only1biggs said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

So i'm an idiot?

Donkey.

Try again.

I don't particularly care about the opinion of a sad little troll who has no concept of the reality of the balance of this game,

" Bloodlust needs to be removed"
    " You're an idiot if you can't beat SWF, flashlights, 3 DS on one of the worst maps in the game"

You clearly have no idea of the realities of this game, and if you do you are simply in denial that there is a problem.

Good day

I don't particularly care about the posts of a sad little gimp that is so bad at games, he has to whine and complain on forums about having "the worst gaming experience he ever had on DbD", but here we are.

You are so out of contact with reality, it's mind boggling at this point. Moreover, you are in denial about the fact that YOU COULD HAVE OUTPLAYED THEM. Stop projecting, learn and play better.

"So whether me rage quitting was right or wrong is a different topic of conversation, but my point with this post is that:

I was in a situation with no clear path to ANY sort of victory
    I was against the most toxic team, and build I have EVER seen
    After all this, I'M the bad guy here"

You had a clear path to victory, you have been told as much in this thread. You are so stupid and/or arrogant you don't want to learn. Get a grip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyAmericanRamenPartyTime

• Outland

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Way to de-escalate an argument. I was willing to let it all go, that is why I responded to let you know that I thought you were attacking me and calling me an idiot after asking a simple question of "Condescend much?"

You maybe be 30 something but you conduct yourself like you are sixteen.

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

@Outland said:

@only1biggs said:

Condescend much?

Way to de-escalate an argument. I was willing to let it all go, that is why I responded to let you know that I thought you were attacking me and calling me an idiot after asking a simple question of "Condescend much?"

You maybe be 30 something but you conduct yourself like you are sixteen.

And an adult would have just said, "oh my mistake, sorry". Instead of causing a commotion and then not expecting backlash. My last comment was actually tongue in cheek as there was no argument; just you misreading, misquoting, misunderstanding and sticking your nose in, without contributing to the thread's topic and jumping on your high horse. My wife also thinks you're an idiot. ######### off :D

*edit - Oh, and your comment of "condescend much?", was NOT a simple question. It was a snide statement disguised as one.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited July 2018

Someone already probably said this but I will say.... You can not leave those matches. The main thing those 4 man SWF squads want is you to rage quit. They won big time.

In those matches, just go for points. Don't even worry about hooking anyone, slug and just play around till you get a bunch of points.

Then play the final game in the match. Which is the end game chat.

Say... GG EZ before anyone can say anything... Or EZ mode.... Something that they would say to you. You would be surprised how upset they will get when you do that. You'll get a ton of messages of them justifying why you lost and suck. Then make sure to remind them about the potatoes you sacked on the floor while there was only one real good player in the group, who had the flashlight. The other 3 get right pissed off.

Remember... Treat the end game chat like another game. You can still win that one even though you lost the match.

• Bryan
    Bryan Member Posts: 16

Well you don't get many of those matches anyway. There are really not as many swf that are good compare to ones that are not and end up getting downed due to it. But will faster pick up and other changes happening with more windows blocked off (in the ptb) you will not see it happen a lot. Killer will turn into easy street.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited August 2018

That is beatable... but doing so is a goddamn chore.

But I guess there's always the next game right? Somedays you destroy, other days you get destroyed.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Master said:

@powerbats said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Have you tried playing with Freddy? Flashlights can´t do much to him, unless the flashlight users are in the dreamworld. Freddy is weaker than Billy, but since no one uses him on high rank, survivors don´t know how to react to him.

I understand where you are coming from, but Freddy is just far to weak ( right now at least ) to to much of anything. Tbh even if freddy would have helped the flashlight situation, it would have made the looping situation worse

Freddy's well payed at high ranks those in 5-1 are disgusting and get 4 sac's every game, the same is true for good Hags.

What? please provide footage of that, I want to learn how to be such a good hag

Go to YouTube and look up Space Coconut, Spectrobyss, Croquedead, there are a few others. Space Coconut has a (slightly outdated) hag guide followed by a video of every match he played to get rank one, even the losses.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    My friend if I ever play with you I promise not to pallet loop I'm a noob but I'm a rank 17-16 with the huntress and a rank 17-16 with Jake once a rank reset happens I would love to play you
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
     necromancer...I'm looking at u @Bryan
  • TheRealSlimShady
    TheRealSlimShady Member Posts: 79

@IronWolf115 said:
    Ok, so let me set the scene. Coldwind farm; Torment Creek. I am Hillbilly I spend a couple of minutes searching around for a survivor and find one. Chase happens for a few mins and then I chainsaw her, IMMEDIATELY a survivor comes in with a flashlight and saves her with perfect timing. Ok so it's annoying but we ALL deal with flashlights so I shrug it off and get back to it. So I then find a different survivor, chase happens and I get her down by the cow tree ( the awful loop ). Pick her up, FLASHLIGHT, perfectly again. It was a different survivor with the flashlight this time. So at this point i'm thinking SWF so I get more nervous but push on. 3 of the survivors are around the cow tree and the killer shack, the two flashlight survivors are AMAZING at looping so I decide to fo for the weaker link, I chase her for a few mins, get her down and... you guesed it, FLASHLIGHT. So now i'm really getting annoyed, I try to go for the flashlight survivors again but to no avail because it would waste an EXTREME amount of time. While all this is going on btw i'm getting teabagged. So then I decide "ok i'll go away from here and they will follow me". They did and then I tried to get them again away from the really bad loops. Sprint burst. I chase them ALL the way back to the same location and the cycle continues. All the while, gens are getting done from the person that is not doing all this too me. So AGAIN I try to get someone down, again it is the weaker link, and again, FLASHLIGHT.

So at this point I am weighing up my options and decide this: I see literally NO path to victory in this game and so, I admit, I quit the match. Please understand i almost NEVER quit games no matter how bad they have gotten, but this was on another level. It was like a well-oiled machine that was perfectly flashlighting, perfectly coordinated and perfectly looping.

So after I quit I look at the perks: 4 DS, 2 flashlights with great add-ons and 4 sprint burst.

And then the messages started coming through. I won't write them ALL but here are a few:

" How are you rank 1 noob, go back to rank 20 "

"EZ" ( This was an Ochido fan just for context )

" EEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ DUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEEE"

" Rank 1, wow "

So whether me rage quitting was right or wrong is a different topic of conversation, but my point with this post is that:

1. I was in a situation with no clear path to ANY sort of victory
    2. I was against the most toxic team, and build I have EVER seen
    3. After all this, I'M the bad guy here

A team that tries to take the fun out of the game is nothing new to anyone i'm sure, but the reason they are like this is because they have the tools to be able to. The devs have given the survivors all the power and now this is the result of it.
    I am livid and am fearful to even play the game now because of this crap.

I had to just get this off my chest because I have literally never seen anything quite like it in a game before, thank you for reading this rant

Peace.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I asked one of them if they were SWF, they said yes and gloated about it just for a little extra info here

Behavior gave survivors 10 lives,made their lives easy with DS,Unbreakable and some other bs,it's really unfun to play Killer but you can counter those things,i personally believe that you're wrong when you said that it was impossible to win,it's actually the opposite,SWF braindead teams who wants to be "toooxic" waste time by not doing gens,just slug the crap out of them and bait the downed survivor,also,eat pallets,dont care about getting stunned,these survivors also "lose" whenever the killer dont respect,makes loops way shorter...

Also,i want to point out something,these players are just kids man,no such adult would act like that,they cry over smallest things that happen to them,Behaviour touched their sprint burst and they bombed the game with negative reviews saying the game is UNPLAYABLE,i swear,it happened,these comments might still be there if you look for it...all i can say is that behaviour gave these kids "ez" ways to play the game,they screwed up the Killer side by making it unfun and frustrating,survivors taking advantage of loops and perks that the killer can't really do much about and saying it was easy,i agree with them,it is easy to play survivor,that we can all agree lol,but keep faith man,they're making interesting changes to the game,making it less painful for Killers and i saved the best for the last,Decisive Strike is getting Nerfed in the next midpatch aswell,the same survivors that did that to you will bomb the game with negative reviews saying the game is UNPLAYABLE too,peace.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    See this is why we need a special function in swf matches 2 killers If its more then 2 friends in the match
  • RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

If I was in your situation I would have done the same thing(meaning I have the same knowledge. Transition into the tip!!!).
    When you know a flashlight little dick is near, pretend to pick up by standing on the survivor and looking down, and the flashligher will 90% of the time run into you for free hit.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited September 2018

Hey man,

From someone who solo survivor almost 95%.

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. I really am: it's unmotivating when it comes to playing Killer. I am genuinely upset that Killers have experiences like this, it's why queue times are so high.

Maybe they'll do something, maybe. They should limit the use of perks or items when it's SWF or something.

But I am sorry, once again.... I don't have games like this when I solo queue, it must be because solo queue is balanced and SWF is OP. Idk.

:(

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

This is how the devs made their game for the 1 role that makes this game not a mechanic simulator. Kinda ironic isn't it?

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Yeah, those matches happen from time to time. One thing I'd like to see would be a killer pick-up cancel. Drop them real quick when they go for the flashlight save. Wouldn't solve much, but would help for mind games a bit. I don't like it when anyone quits, but I get it. Don't let it keep you from enjoying the game overall or trying again. 
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

As someone who only plays solo survivor I can tell you there are killers who are just as toxic. Just deal with it and move on.