Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Best stealthy builds for survivors?

Options
CaphnYT
CaphnYT Member Posts: 41

I'm trying to adopt a stealthy playstyle... can anyone help me with telling me the best perks or the best builds to do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• CaphnYT
    edited August 2019
    Options

Lots of people do reccomend this build. Do you think I should use any detection perks, like Spine Chill, Prem, or Alert?

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

Ah, I forgot about detection perks! All the ones you mentioned are helpful to know where the killer is. I'm not a fan of Premonition myself, but I like Spine Chill and Alert.

Bond does a similar thing for me which is why I mentioned it too. Empathy can also do the same thing if you pay attention to where your teammate is when they get hit.

• CaphnYT
    Options

Yeah, Empathy is preety decent to. I actually tried something new yesterday though. I decided to run Premonition and Spine Chill at the same time. It actually works really well if you want to know if the killer is coming towards you, and what direction they are coming from. Should I keep running them both or no?

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Spine Chill is also good as you can know if the killer is coming your way and move away from a generator you're working on. Works especially well when it's a killer that has a shorter TR than 32m.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

I prefer to run a variety of perks rather than perks that do a similar thing, simply to get as much use out of my build as possible 😁 I'd try picking the one you prefer and put a different perk in instead

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Iron Will, Spine Chill, Calm Spirit, choice.

Iron Will hides your cries of pain making it harder for the killer to track you when you are injured and making it easier to maneuver around the map without alerting the killer.

Spine Chill tells you when the killers is looking in your direction. If it flashes sporadically it means the killer is within 36m but not focused on your position. If it stays lit that usually means the killer is coming right towards you, or even sees you. It can let you know when it's safe to move out from cover or let you know which direction to go to avoid the killer. It can also give you info on the killer's perks, as (for example) if you are healing and it lights up and stays lit chances are the killer sees you with Nurse's Calling. You can learn what perks the killer has based on the context of the situation.

Calm Spirit will stop you from screaming and alerting crows. It also hides your aura bubble for something like Rancor. Alerting crows is lowkey an easy way to give away you position to the killer, so this perk let's you move around without much care in that regard. It also hard counters Doc's power which is itself anti-stealth, and if you want stealth you will need this. It has other uses but it takes a lot of skill and practice to get those uses out of the perk. For the most part you are using it to counter Doc and hide from crows.

Last perk can kinda be whatever you want, because everything else you can hide by just playing patiently. For example, Q&Q is a good stealth perk but if you just slow vault windows often you don't need it. DWM/Poised/Lightweight can hide your scratch marks, but again you can do this by walking and just being aware of when you're leaving a trail.

I would recommend an exhaustion perk, really any will do. Sprint Burst, while probably the worst exhaustion perk in the game, is good for stealth play as you will tend to be walking everywhere anyway, and the ability to bolt like a cheetah when the killer comes knocking can help you avoid a lot of chases. But again it's what you want. The 3 perks I mention are the best stealth perks in the game, albeit they require a good amount of skill to use efficiently.

• CaphnYT
    Options

I am definitely planning on using lots of these perks. Everyone just says though that Spine Chill gets more useless the more you get better. But I'm not quite sure about that. Do you agree?

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2019
    Options

No it's always useful. At higher ranks you will need to to counter Spirit/Nurse and killers that are very good at tracking. It can help you make better pathing decisions and give you a way to easily stealth juke a killer during a chase once you break line of sight. That's not to say you need this perk, but it is very helpful even if you are a top tier survivor. I use both this and Iron Will all the time, and I feel like I'm usually the hardest survivor to find and track of my group.

Premonition is the perk that becomes less useful as you get better, because knowing about where the killer is, or at least their direction in relation to you, becomes easier once you realize how tiles spawn, how killer's optimize path, and that stuff. But knowing when the killer is focused on you is very important information you can't get that easily otherwise.

• CaphnYT
    Options

I'm just having a tough time reading spine chill, that's all. Like... when it lights up, I dont know which way to go, because I dont know which way he is coming from. Is there a way you do this?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

You can use Calm Spirit to determine the killers direction. Since you don't disturb the crows, that means any noise made by crows around you is caused by either the killer or another survivor. Just listen for the direction of the crow sounds and you will know something is coming from that direction. Just be aware that Wraith when cloaked does not disturb the crows, so you will not be able to use this strategy against him.

Alternatively you can use Premonition as your 4th perk. If you are new you will get a lot of use from it especially if you are having trouble telling where the killer is. It will just become obsolete as you get better at the game because you will be able to figure this out on your own.

The only time you need to be extra careful is against a tier 1 Myers, as he is immune to both Spine Chill and Prem. At the start of the game be a bit extra careful until you can rule out that it is a Myers, or if you hear the music (because he is now in tier 2 and can trigger SC/Prem). However, he will still disturb the crows in tier 1, so you can use that strategy to avoid him.

• Paxton_Montana
    Paxton_Montana Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2019
    Options

My stealthy build involves keeping track of where the killer is, and knowing where they're coming from, so I run Urban Evasion (Of course), Premonition (To keep track of which direction the killer is coming from), Spine chill(to know when to hide), and my last perk changes depending on what I want to do. I'll run Lightweight, Iron will, or quick&quiet , or an exhaustion perk depending on what I'm feeling like, and what item I have. I expect to replace Premonition &or Spine chill with something else as my game-sense improves.

• CaphnYT
    Options

Yeah I used to run Premonition and Spine Chill at the same time to. Empathy is really good to for keeping an eye on the killer, since when someone gets hit, you basically know where the killer is. I usually replace Premonition with Empathy

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

So my go to sneak build was

Urban Evasion, Premonition, and Stake Out

Now that I'm more experienced I would use Urban Evasion, Stake Out, Sprint Burst, and Iron Will.

Basically you can sneak around close to the Killer and get tokens for Stake Out giving you Great Skill checks which counters Ruin. If you get caught by the Killer you can sprint away, if you get hurt you obviously can't be heard and can sneak away easier when you break line of sight.