The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adjustments to fight tunneling and make the game more fun!

Yes there's DS, but it's 100% stupid to have to use a perk-slot for a single use perk to fight tunneling.

What's tunneling? Aggressively playing against a single survivor to attempt to kill them off early in the game. It's extremely toxic and entirely against the spirit of competition as the victim often has little to no recourse if they're not lucky(Borrowed time, time to get to a loop, etc).

The solution? Hooking someone consecutively should halve the gained bloodpoints each time. Hook someone 2 times in a row? Killer gets 0.5x the points from that hook(excluding death). Hook someone 3 times in a row? Killer gets 0.25x the points from that hook, death(and related events). I would also have this affect emblems to a degree. Additionally, this would only have effect BEFORE the gates are powered.

This way, a toxic killer would get far fewer bloodpoints than a killer that plays well.

In the spirit of balance, we could also add a non-consecutive hook scoring event that rewards the killer for playing well.

Unfortunately, some people still might not care, but I'm not sure if something more drastic would be appropriate, as I absolutely do not want to harm the game for people who play well.

PS: Yes. I do play killer too!

Comments

• TaylorAmidala
    TaylorAmidala Member Posts: 18

I think the extra incentive to hook some one else for more points is a great idea.