DC Compensation for Survivors

I just got hit by a Nurse, with two Survivors instantly DCing after getting downed and realizing that she had more than 2 blinks. With no surprise, me and my remaining teammate get hooked. I kobe off the hook and escape through the hatch (probably because the Nurse felt bad at this point).

Guess what's waiting for me at the end screen?

A Depip for something I wasn't responsible for.

I'm not asking for Pips or anything. Just saying that it would be nice if Survivors had a small encouragement to stay if someone DCed. Maybe even bump them up to a black pip if they managed to escape.

Just my thoughts though..

Comments

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

While your still gonna get the depip you will get points when a survivor dcs like killer does

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I don't think BP rewards are appropriate, but perhaps giving the remaining survivors a safety pip?

Of course, if the devs punished disconnects like they should be doing in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited August 2019

Who cares about pips.

The only compensation I want is the number of gens being reduced by 1 for each DC.

Same system as before when survivors DC'd before the match started, only now it applies during the match.

This way at least the remaining survivors will feel like they have a chance to keep going.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited August 2019

I actually like this idea, based on the fact I had a match where someone instantly DC’d as soon as we loaded into a map the other day against a mori instead of saving us the grief and doing it at the loading screen... I don’t mind continuing to play the match as normal but it needs to be achievable. Then again if 2 DC it’s basically over and should just guarantee a safety pip, about the bp bonus, I don’t know, it’s really a waste of everyone’s time when they could be earning bp so it would be nice.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

However some links need to be worked out.

I don't want the survivors to have 4 totems done, then with 1 left someone DCs and the survivors get an instant escape.

So maybe the gens left should be the threshold.

If 4 players no gens done a DC reduces it by 1.

But if 4 players 1 Gen done someone DCs no reduction.

I don't know exactly what is fair and proper but it needs to be worked out.