Reward Stealth

As a survivor, my main goal in any game is to try and allude/avoid the killer as much as possible. To the point where they will walk past me multiple times in a match without even seeing me. This is all while doing generators, unhooking where possible and healing other survivors.

However, the game will end, will usually have objective points over at 5-7k, survival at 5k (without the trap door), altruism MAYBE at around 1k and boldness and barely anything.
I'm not a bold player. I just don't enjoy that playstyle personally.

I really dislike that I can avoid the killer what feels like expertly and usually still be either 3rd or 2nd in points to other survivors, just because they got chased and took riskier moves.
If that 4th category was replaced with something like "Evasion" instead of Boldness, at least that would still reward all playstyles. You wanna go distract a killer so one of you mates can unhook someone else? No problem. Points. Played an entire game without the killer even getting the opportunity to engage with you? That should be points as well.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

As a survivor, my main goal in any game is to try and allude/avoid the killer as much as possible.

Played an entire game without the killer even getting the opportunity to engage with you? That should be points as well.
    I agree and I think the system should be changed to something like this for "Evader".

When you've been found by the killer, you'll immediately lose a lot points (If you have been chased for 5 seconds then you'll lose the points to confirm that you've been found) and will gain all of the points you've lost when in a chase for 30 seconds. Suddenly after the 30 seconds, you'll be rewarded points in higher curve up function if you keep the chase going after 30 seconds and this version of evader will grant a lot more points than what this "Evader" system gives (Note that every survivor will start with a iridescent evader emblem). What do you think?
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Welp, devs consider that a killer that cannot force interactions for everyone in the match is not good enough of a killer, and shouldn't give you a pip.
    At least that's what they told me when I asked them.
    Proof :
    https://imgur.com/a/hyOuW0b

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Runiver said:
    Welp, devs consider that a killer that cannot force interactions for everyone in the match is not good enough of a killer, and shouldn't give you a pip.
    Proof :

I mean he's not wrong technically.

The killer should be interacting with the survivors and vice-versa.

• Runiver

@Mc_Harty said:

@Runiver said:
    Proof :

It's the dev's choice.
    It just means that the main objective of survivors is not only to repair and escape, but also to do more than that and actually play with the killer in some ways.

It's debatable but it's their positioning.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Mc_Harty said:

@Runiver said:
    Proof :

The killer should, but if they don't (bad killers, or someone pallet loop them the whole game), you end up with a safety pip / depip even if you recked them.

It also works the other way around. I completely recked some team (4k before a single gen is done) and yet I only pip because my games were so short I couldn't get good chaser / devious emblems.

• Runiver

@Soren said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Runiver said:
    Proof :

The killer should, but if they don't (bad killers, or someone pallet loop them the whole game), you end up with a safety pip / depip even if you recked them.

It also works the other way around. I completely recked some team (4k before a single gen is done) and yet I only pip because my games were so short I couldn't get good chaser / devious emblems.

I disagree.
    If someone else is looping him for the whole game, you earn way enough time to get gold at repairs.
    With gold in repairs (and supposedly Iri at survival since you don't get downed and can escape), you're already about to pip and just need to keep your base benevolent point, and earn bronze chaser (which can be easily earned just by being in a chase for a very few seconds, at the exit gates for example)

Not sure how can even depip in these conditions.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The only thing they really need to do is just slightly increase the amount of stealth points you get when near a Killer.

• weirdkid5

@SaltyKiller said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    The only thing they really need to do is just slightly increase the amount of stealth points you get when near a Killer.

The problem with that is that the devs clearly didn't design certain maps with stealth in mind when facing every Killer. For example, good luck trying to get out of the Doctor's terror radius in the Gideon Meat Plant.

Doctor can still only be on one person at a time. Get a proper chaser and he'll crumble.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

yus i really think it should be changed as well.
    like getting bonus points for not getting down or hit for the all game maybe ?
    getting bonus points for doing gen, cleansing totems in the TR of the killer while not being chase ?

• weirdkid5

@SaltyKiller said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@weirdkid5 said:

The problem with that is that the devs clearly didn't design certain maps with stealth in mind when facing every Killer. For example, good luck trying to get out of the Doctor's terror radius in the Gideon Meat Plant.

Doctor can still only be on one person at a time. Get a proper chaser and he'll crumble.

Anyone in his terror radius will still gain madness. God help you if the Doctor player is using Distressing.

I mean yeah you're right, but let's do the math on it.

It takes roughly 45 seconds or so to accrue a full level of Madness 2 or 3. In that time, you should he able to complete at least one generator. If you have a proper chaser, he should be able to keep the Doc preoccupied for at least a minute if he's a good survivor that doesn't rely on pallets too much, as Doctor can, of course, stun you from pallet usage if you are careless.

If you get Madness 3, just take the 10 seconds to stop repairing, snap out of it, and by the time you get Madness 3 again, that gen should be done. As long as you don't fail too many skillchecks (which may get challenging if he's using Unnerving Presence as well), you'll only hit Madness 3 once before the gen pops.

As long as you have a good chaser, the Doc won't be able to do much. Sure he can break the chase, but all that does is let the guy he was chasing get on a gen. And if just stands there and lets madness keep increasing, he'll simply lose.

Personally, I'm much more terrified of Stealth Myers on The Game.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Runiver said:

@Soren said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Runiver said:
    Proof :

I disagree.
    If someone else is looping him for the whole game, you earn way enough time to get gold at repairs.
    With gold in repairs (and supposedly Iri at survival since you don't get downed and can escape), you're already about to pip and just need to keep your base benevolent point, and earn bronze chaser (which can be easily earned just by being in a chase for a very few seconds, at the exit gates for example)

Not sure how can even depip in these conditions.

Taken from the Depip Squad's stats. I don't play DbD that much since Emblems came out, and when I do I barely touch survivor. However I did remember several times where I only safety, because little Evader / Benevolent emblems (the first because I manage to remain unseen and leave the area, the second because hook rush from my teammates).

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@weirdkid5 said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@weirdkid5 said:

You've never been on Gideon map when the Doctor has Corroded Electrode and another range extending perk so he not only hits from 30 yards away but also nails people above and below him. I've gotten aced 2x now bya doctor with that op setup on both Gideon and another wider open map. did nothing but walk around on Gideon doing aoe.

The other map did same but camped survivors and went around close enough to hooked survivor to nail anyone trying to rescue but also hitting anyone trying to do remaining gens close to that point.