Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Countering Tunnelers

At this point idgaf if people are angry about me being annoyed about this but i need advice. At the moment every game I go into I always have tunnelers.⁰ I'm not saying they should stop tunneling and its god awful and they should spend hell in eternity. I just want to know is there tips I can get for countering tunneling. Also remember that I'm not playing swt. Only by myself.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Bring DS and borrowed time. The best ways to stop tunneling and camping right there. Loop them to the best of your abilities and hopefully they will leave you, at least you can buy time for your team.

• KieranD2006
    KieranD2006 Member Posts: 25

Yes but like I said, tips for countering tunnelers while playing alone. But thank you

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Two words: Decisive Strike. If you find yourself being tunnelled every game, this is the perk for you.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

You can also try to play stealthier. They can't tunnel you if they can't find you ;-)

Use that Nea's perk that bost your crouch speed

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235
    • Use bond to guide the killer to other survivors and hope he switches targets.
    • Getting better at looping or stalling the killer will allow them to open the doors for you. Might increase the chance to get camped of they're too fast.
    • Cannot be tunneled if not found
    • Dont do "toxic strats"
    • Remember that the game is designed that you're eventually downed (originally).
  • MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

There is no counter to getting tunneled.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

DS and Head On. If the killer tunnels you jump into a locker. They either have to grab you or wait and if they wait you will have Head On until crows come which is like 90 seconds so it's a pretty good deterrent. Unbreakable incase you get slugged.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

It's not effective enough. It only works once and many killers are simply not picking you up. I agree it's the best perks for being tunnel but that still doesn't say much because there aren't many choices.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

You have a point. In my experience, the only killers that really tunnel are mid-green rank and lower. Typically they are too stupid to think about Decisive so not getting picked up isn't really a problem for me.