The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Cancel Septembers Rank Reset

Here is my suggestion...

Since it looks like the release of the new Chapter will fall near the rank reset of September.

Maybe BHVR should look at skipping this one....

Please don't put the seasoned players back down in the new player zone so we can trash all the new people you hope to bring in during that time.

Or maybe set the lowest limit to rank 15.. so no one can be reset below 15.

Just an idea.

Comments

• ChrisFuFuu
    ChrisFuFuu Member Posts: 110
    edited August 2019

I completely understand your point and would like that they cancel the reset, too. But I don't think that's something that will happen. It never did when a DLC fell near reset.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Yeah, if there's going to be a significant influx, don't let anyone sneak upwards past 15. New players don't need that in their life

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Bloody heck I just realized that

There's already going to be enough SWFS and killers de-piping around the time the DLC releases so they can bully and get footage for their sick looping/frag videos

Rank reset is going to straight up murder them all hard

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Just reset normaly please.... mmmm fresh new meat :-P

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

All new people would be at rank 20. From what I know you can't go down past 17

• BlueFang
  • Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

i thought you couldn't go back up beyond 15? that just seems cruel and unfair. I know for a fact that people do this too, just so they can clown on people that have no idea what they're doing. I regularly joke with my friends during rank reset and say things like " oh no, they're not gonna wanna play anymore!" when things are going a little too well.

• BlueFang

I think at one point they added that restriction but they've clearly removed it

• QuickStiQz
    QuickStiQz Member Posts: 194

No reset doesn't matter. We just shouldn't be toxic and ruin the experience when we see baby Nancys and Steves.

• mnpqraven
    mnpqraven Member Posts: 12

i'm sure all those tbagging survivors with flashlights and ebony mori killers would agree and stop doing what they were doing all their lives

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

After not playing for 3-4 months when I came been I was at rank 17

• Eternal0088
    Eternal0088 Member Posts: 53

I frags noobs all day long because BHVR can't FIX THE RANK BUG. R1 killer stuck at R15 for the last 3 months. Soooo much blood.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited August 2019

rank reset or not new survivor player will get thrashed anyway because the killer role is faster to get used too

And that without taking into account the fact that the matchmaking is garbage and will literaly yeet rank 1 players at rank 20 players because why the ######### not

• BlueFang

While I hate to say a large chunk of this playerbase is like a bunch of Piranhas if they smell weakness

Killer is weak? Prepare for 10 minutes of bming, looping, flashlight blinds at every pallet ontop of the pallet stun, prickishness until they finally get bored and finish the last generator, or the killer DCs

Survivor is weak and has no DS? Prepare to be tunneled, slugged repeatedly and then hooked

That's not everyone by a long shot and many people are nice. But there's still a large amount of people with no honor or empathy, and I have no doubt many of them have plans to de-pip so they can torment the incoming new players.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Hell naw.

Ya know how some games get "Christmas Noobs"

This our time to welcome all the new players to DbD :D

• cobrahjh
    cobrahjh Member Posts: 23

Well, well, well, it just shows that rank resets will never go away as no one really knows why they exist except to push more people together for faster wait times?... That kills new player's experience and they know it. I don't buy the whole rusty player just came back excuse. They will lose a few games and depip. Period. Now that I have played awhile and got some experience and perks it doens't matter as much to me. Oh, and it makes people have to grind a lot more so more playing to get BP. ahhh I see.

• Shield_Papa
    Shield_Papa Member Posts: 22

I fully agree with this, especially because Stranger Things is going to bring in a lot of new people, but just wanted to remind you that Rank 20's just facing off against rank 20's, that don't know what their doing, can drive them away too.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I agree. Also the matchmaking needs a fix. Skipping rank reset wouldn't help with how the matchmaking is currently putting low and high ranks together.