Colorblind Correction Features Needed!

DBD can be a nightmare for the colorblind. Ultimately, stealth is a part of the game, therefor certain aspects of the game should not allow for colorblind correction, or minimal at best to prevent exploitation.

Where colorblindness features should 100% be applied:

• Items
    • I can't tell you how many times my friends laugh at me cos I pass up a green item thinking it was a gray item. BTW, did you know that "gray" items are actually brown? I learned this last night after playing DBD for over a year now... The wiki doesn't list the color names based on rarity either. It displays the word "common" in brown text, which I've been thinking was gray and looks way too similar to "rare" green...
  • Perks
    • This isn't significant, since we get a numerical marker on perks as well, but why not!
  • Auras
    • Some maps, specifically Ormond, have difficulties displaying auras. And I'm not just talking about perk auras. I'm talking about hook and generator auras, which are crucial default auras for Killers. Auras are meant to be seen, therefor we should be able to fully adjust their individual colors and strength.
  • Scratch Marks & Blood
    • This may be difficult to balance, but red on brown...oof. Scratch marks are neon, so they're not so bad. Without Bloodhound, blood is invisible. I'm not sure if a color changer is best for this or perhaps an adjustable glow, saturation, or lightness feature.

Any colorblindness features applied directly to maps, character models, etc can be too easily exploitable. I'm ok with bearing the added difficulty to prevent such exploitation. The above (except for maybe Scratch Marks & Blood) can all have colorblindness features applied to them without disrupting the balance of the game.

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited August 2019

I'm all for colorblind options but tweaking blood color is something I'm a bit afraid about. If it becomes something that's easily discernible for people without colorblindness it can give a huge advantage.