The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

End Game Collapse

sai
sai Member Posts: 11
edited September 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think the End Game Collapse was a good idea because it keeps the game from going on for hours and hours, however, I do think the devs should implement something a little easier for the survivors within End Game Collapse. For me, End Game Collapse just means certain death. Unless I find the hatch beforehand and camp it letting all my teammates die (which I don’t do) it’s almost impossible to escape because every game I’m in The Killer somehow how already knows where the hatch is and they immediately go to it and shut it. Then right after they see auras of exit gates so they go straight to them and keep going back and forth from gate to gate and it’s even worse when the gates are in close proximity of each other because they can camp both at once. So you’re hiding behind bushes waiting for the killer to go check the other gate and when they do you spring out and try to open it but 2 seconds later you already hear the heartbeat and they’re after you and you have no where to run but they chase you and then the time runs out and the entity gets you. how sad that the killer couldn’t kill you all game, and in the end you still die but not from the killer essentially you just die by default which I think is pretty dumb don’t attack me it’s my opinion. If you really at it, you’re doing all this work and all you can to survive and you make it til the end you survived all that time but you get punished for doing good? and even tho the entity kills you the killer gets all points and 4K, they weren’t able to kill you so they get rewarded for doing bad, and survivors get punished for doing a good? Video Games are made for entertainment, and it’s why people by them, and I don’t know about y’all but working so hard to survive but then dying by default is not entertaining to me in fact it makes me want to stop playing dead by daylight altogether.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

The egc is not a perfect solution but it is far preferable to what we had before. There will never be a perfect solution which will satisfy both survivors and killers alike.

How I see it is that dbd is an asymmetrical game and the killer should have the advantage.

Also, how did the killer do bad if they killed all your other teammates? How did you do good as a survivors if you couldn't finish the generators?

• sai

@PolarBear my bad I didn’t add enough context into it. When you get paired up with random strangers with no form of communication it makes it hard to be a “team”. I’ll be the only one doing objectives and the other 3 are off running around or sneaking around and they caught just like that and you do everything you can to try and heal your “teammates”, unhook them, and try to do gems by yourself and I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s possible for one person to do all 5 generators by themselves, take out totems, and try to babysit their teammates. That’s what I usually have to do, and I get rewarded with death by default. I will even be in chases with the killers a couple times after helping the kids I have to babysit and successfully get away like 5 times. They can’t kill me the whole game, so they have to wait til the very end til the timer goes off but they’ll get rewarded when I die by default. for doing nothing. All they have to do is walk from gate to gate back and forth a couple times until the timer goes out and boom rewarded. I can think of ways for it to favor both sides. Maybe make it so that the time to open a gate is increased while the timer is going off. It could still go either way the killer could still get them but it makes it just a little easier to get away. and also I have no idea why the killer should have the advantage. 1. I’ve never heard of a horror movie where the main character didn’t get away. The survivor is well supposed to survive. A killer just killing everyone in the movie and being triumphant in the end just doesn’t make sense to me. Realistically the survivors would ban together to try and take out the killer, but the game isn’t realistic. Realistically the survivors would find things to stack up and climb over the wall. Also, the game is literally called a SURVIVAL game the SURVIVORS are the main characters and they should be favored more not ######### on.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

If your teammates aren't doing anything then maybe you should try to focus on ranking up rather than surviving. If your teammates aren't good at being chased and get downed, you could try and take the heat and let them do gens. If you just sit on gens all game while your teammates get pummeled by the killer and wonder why your teammates are dead and you haven't been hooked once, it's your own fault.

And the game is asymmetrical, there is only 1 killer and 4 survivors. In what world should the survivors be favored? If 1 survivor can beat a killer in a 1 on 1 then the game has not point. Why even bother playing when you have to play 4 times as good as the survivors you're facing?

I don't have most of these problems in my survivor games and I play mostly solo. Sometimes matchmaking can be tough and I get teammates that don't know how to do this or that and we lose.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited August 2019

End Game Collapse is manageable (and better incentivizes the Wake Up! perk).

End Game Collapse + Trapper = RIP

What if, when there is only 1 remaining survivor and the hatch is closed, EGC spawned a new chest on the map with a guaranteed key? No... Trapper could still trap it.

What if the Trapper's traps were disabled or limited to 1? No... too much.

What if the Trapper's traps can be sabotaged without first having to be disarmed?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The hatch spawns as soon as only one survivor is left. So the killer has no chance to kill all four survivors before the hatch spawns. Of course it's only fai if he get a chance to get a 4k. Saying you didn't get killed all game and then still can't escape is very weird. There will always be one survivor left at the end.

The only change EGC needs is a minimum distance between gates, sometimes they are just too close to each other. Otherwise EGC is fine.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Here's the strat: Choose a gate. Hide in locker near the gate. Wait for killer to leave and jump out and open the gate. You won good job I am proud of you.Survivors have a good chance.

• sai

@KillermainBTWm8 did you even read what I said? Once you jump out to open the gate the killer is already on his way back to the gate and then u try to hide in a locker again but then he sees that the gate is lit so he knows you’re near so he waits near that gate and u can’t just jump out then and next think ya know the timer is down. It’s even worse when it’s Trapper, or Spirit, and they have that Freddy perk that makes it take even longer to open the gate

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206

The endgame collapse was the single best addition to this game in 3 years. The fact that survivors are complaining about no longer getting free escapes after waiting in a standoff for 50 minutes baffles me.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

The only change I think should be added to EGC is if the entity kills the last survivor(s), the killer does NOT get those bloodpoints and those deaths do not count towards their kills. Remember, the killer did not get those survivors by their hand, either hooking them or otherwise. They should not get those bloodpoints, or at the very least they should get less because they didn't do very much work for that survivor to be stabbed in the head by the entity. If the EGC activates, then the killer did something wrong OR very right. Good job to those killers who kill the 3 other survivors and then close the hatch and kill the last person. They did their job. But if the entity has to take them out because the timer ran down? The killer didn't do their job.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,132
    edited August 2019

EGC is fine, but gate locations are a pain. They're either all the way across the map from each other, making the last survivor's escape nearly a guarantee, or they're so close together that the survivor has no chance. I recently had a match where the killer closed the hatch, I waited near a gate, and the moment they left I began opening it. Even with tier 3 Wake Up, I didn't have enough time to escape. That was on freaking Temple of Purgation; that map is plenty big, the gates have no business being so close that even Wake Up doesn't get the gate open quick enough.

• sai

@December_1863 do you realize how hypocritical you sound? You’re implying that you didn’t like that survivors used to get “free survives” which actually weren’t free you needed to at least repair 2 full generators just to make it spawn, and then you have to locate the hatch itself which can sometimes be a pain especially in big maps. But let’s say you’re me, pretty easy to be in 3-4 chases per match and manage to escape all 4 of them unscathed, got at least 2 full gens done, rescued at least 1 survivor from the hook, and almost is always the final girl, I locate the hatch and escape. Would you say that escape was free? Are you saying I didn’t deserve that hatch? Anyways back to you being a hypocrite, you’re saying that back then it was a problem for us to get “a free survive” yet it’s okay for you to get a free kill? It’s not hard for a killer to locate the hatch first and close it, now all they have to do if walk from gate to gate back and forth until they see the last survivor and boom got them. It’s even harder if you’re spirit, nurse, and trapper, that’s basically making survival impossible. And don’t say well you have to be sneaky open the gate a little bit then hide wait for them to go check the other gate um u do realize EGC timer is like a minute so no we don’t have time to unlock the gate and then just stop randomly and go hide somewhere we have to unlock it and keep unlocking it til the end but again we never have time cause the killer just walks from gate to gate. and if we hide the whole time, or don’t get the gate in time, you still get a kill, we die by default and you get the points that’s called a free kill. getting points by literally walking back and forth doing nothing 😂😂