The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would it be possible to have an actual "solo" queue?

A little bit of context first: I main killer, I'm not great nor terrible either. I'm still learning some of the killers and perfecting some more advanced mechanics on a couple, all while going though the game progression unlocking perks and whatnot. I'd love to be able to opt out of SWF matchmaking.

Why? The difference between SWF and solo survivors is huge. Premades on third party comms make about 90% of the perks pointless, as they can relay information to eachother really quickly and efficiently: they know where each and every teammate is, where the killer is (more often than not), where each generator is, which pallets have been used, and so on. It follows that any perk or status effect impairing survivors' UI becomes completely useless. On top of that, premades can use that information to easily coordinate in baiting, looping, gen rushing, getting the Ruin done in record time (along with every other hex and dull totem on the map) and that's without mentioning the bodyblocking nor the horrible flashlights/pallets standoffs if the killer (aka me) ends up downing one of them.

When I play against non-premades I get a much, much better experience. Sometimes I get kills, sometimes I don't, sometimes I win, some others I lose, badly, but because I get outplayed, not because of that unfair advantage paired with toxicity, I see where I could've done better and aim to improve.

When I play against SWF squads I always get nothing but frustration out of each game, to the point I started dodging premades (by looking at their connection times and/or Steam profiles), but that's just annoying and not always reliable (connection delay, private profiles).

So my question is: would it be possible to have a separate solo queue in order to play the game the way it was originally meant to be played?

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

This would fragment the queues too much, and there would be no incentive for killer players to ever queue versus SWF groups. Even if the BP rewards vs. SWF groups were way more significant, it would probably be a better use of time to play multiple quicker/easier games vs. solos than to play a single "high-value" SWF match.

Also: Most SWF groups don't operate with military efficiency and perfect execution of every game mechanic. Some do, but in reality I suspect that they are extremely rare. My own SWF groups go more like this (and we lose as much as we win):

Survivor 1: Is he over there?

Survivor 2: No. Wait, maybe.

Survivor 3: He's been chasing me for two minutes!

Survivor 2: WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING?

Survivor 3: Sorry, I was focused!

Survivor 1: Is that you?

Survivor 4: Is who me? I don't have Bond.

Survivor 3: He broke chase.

Survivor 2: THANKS FOR THE WARNING, HE JUST GOT ME!

...and so on. 😄

• Defarakka
    Defarakka Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019

I think one way this could go about is that it could be done by making the solo queue and change Survive With Friends to be paired with a Kill With A Friend mode - the 2 vs 8 mode that has been requested a lot and which they test in Deathgarden. Both sides can then have the team experience, communication and coordination they want, while those who want to come alone into the Fog, can have that.

• Rydog

A 2v8 mode is a completely different way of playing, not a solution to this specific perceived problem.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited August 2019

Solo queues for survivor giving 15% more BP and EXP.

SWF queues for killer giving 15% more BP and EXP.

Would reward both sides for choosing a harder game mode.

Any thoughts ?

• Rydog
  • TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

Can't say it wouldn't fragment the queues but there would be the incentive of more BP and shards.

• Rydog

Fragmentation and lopsided challenge would neutralize whatever bonus you would be getting.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Basically R.I.P killer que times.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

No,solo is underpowered while a 4 man SWF is overpowered. Plus you would be messing with que times. What should be done is Solo play to be brought up to SWF and buff killers accordingly.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Omg that conversation is literally what happens when i play with full squad. It's just chaos. Then i think "playing solo que is better" (at rank 10)

Nope

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@Rydog The devs addressed "splitting the queues" years ago when the average player count was lower.

• Rydog

It would still be an issue, especially with regard to the incentive reason that I outlined in a previous post.

• cybercat
    cybercat Member Posts: 11

no it would make lobby times so long on console specifically.. and i don't really think swf is an issue as i play both sides equally

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Even though the majority of survivor players are solo - there's not enough to fill all the queues of killers, since just about every killer will want the easier solo games. You also need solos to fill in the gaps of 2 and 3 people swf. Rough estimate - killers that queue for only solos will probably get half as many games in the same amount of time as they do now. The rest of it filled with waiting for lobbies. I will also bounce out of a lobby as soon as I join if I am the only survivor there, so I can help fill up another nearly full lobby.