Why are there so many people still using Self-Care?

I don’t understand why Self-Care is HEAVILY reliant. It is a waste of time to me to go to the corner of the map and waste thirty seconds if not more to heal yourself when you could just make it to a teammate or do a generator with that time. People are using it as a crutch and have the mindset that “If I’m always healthy then I now have the confidence to do anything”. Why not just bring a med-kit? It isn’t the end of the world if you’re injured. There are loops, pallets, vaults, and other interactions that you can use to your advantage and the reason I point that out is because you don’t have to be afraid to pull off these stunts while injured ALL the time.

This post isn’t meant to bash on players who use Self-Care excessively, this post is for me to understand why this perk is so reliant.

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

There's already an active thread about this on the front page with 72 replies.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

And, personally, I think it's because new players lean on it as a crutch, it unknowingly instills bad habits, and then they're hard to unlearn.

• Kast
    Kast Member Posts: 5

Oh alrighty, I appreciate your response.

• G0lden_Ra1den
    G0lden_Ra1den Member Posts: 56

Because unless you are playing in a SWF, getting healed by other people is not so easy as you think. Sure, you can run Bond so you can find other people, but that comes at the risk of the killer using Hex: Third Seal or some other perk/add-on that makes you suffer the blindness status effect. I’d much rather heal myself in a corner with both angles covered and with my back against the wall then getting healed in the open with the chance of getting stabbed by a stealth killer. Med-kits sometimes works, works until the killer uses Franklin’s Demise, and now you have 10% less charges then before you got hit, also also running the risk of somebody stealing your med kit too. I agree it is a crutch perk, but that’s why like you said it takes roughly give or take 30 seconds to heal yourself to full, much less underwhelming then before the patch when you could heal yourself at normal speed and not 50% less.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Because most people aren't good at the game. Think of the truly average player and then think of the significant portion of people that are worse than that because an average is the center.

• Kwanghyun
    Kwanghyun Member Posts: 186

Because not everyone runs lame-hard. At least not on every build. If I happen to bring a medkit/insta, I take it off. But other than that I’m only ignoring it on my blendette with iron will and DH. But after the locker perk comes out, I’ll probably use that one over self-care everywhere.

• Kast
    Kast Member Posts: 5

You guys made some good points. I think my mind opened up a little bit more.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Get injured without medikit. Count to 16 while finding another survivor without telling them what to do or where you are on voicechat.

If you cant manage to do that, selfcare wouldve been faster and more efficient in generator progress.

• rina
    rina Member Posts: 90

Because most people are potatoes who are afraid of being injured.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    1. People don't trust other people to hit skillchecks
    2. IF there's no survivor near Bond range you basically would heal at the same time as you would find a survivor and get them to heal you.
  • cybercat
    cybercat Member Posts: 11

i think it's most likely the solo players or maybe people just find it safe to go on with selfcare. i personally don't like to use it at all because especially with sloppy butcher it wastes so much time and i can just go with iron will and do something useful instead..

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

As people said it, some people doesn't heal you. Sometimes I was at the survivors side and they refused to help me, instead they ran away. So self-care allows me to rely on myself.

Of course going to a corner to heal you is a waste of time.