Who do you main as killer and why?

I main Michael and Spirit. Although I play almost every killer, I prefer to go with those 2. With Michael, I'm a huge fan of the "Halloween" franchise so ofc he's going to my favorite. Also I love his playstyle. It's a calm, slow build playstyle. And he can apply pressure anytime he wants with tier 3. He's also one of the most stealthiest killers in the game. With Spirit I just love the mind games you can do against survivors. She's also pretty stealthy herself. And she can travel around the map with no problem.

Answers

• Impala
    Impala Member Posts: 145
    edited August 2019

I'm just like you, I like to play them all, but some stick more than others, my mains are/were (in chronological order):

1. Wraith maybe my main for the shortest period until I bought a DLC (it was the easiest killer to learn when I was a noob and the survivors at brown ranks weren't that smart anyways).

2. Hag for a longer period (mainly for her ruin, but I felt in love with her)

3. Leatherface for a longer period as well, but when I started struggling with him at red ranks I returned to Hag, I really enjoyed playing with him.

4. Hag and lately Spirit as a backup in case the survivors have flashlights. So my current mains are Hag and Spirit.

I've played lots of Myers and Plague as well, Myers is my favourite slasher (I love Halloween) and Plague because she is fun to play, legit fun, however, they weren't mains so to speak, I used to play them to relax after sweaty Hag/LF matches.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Leatherface, I like his saw, very pleasing.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Spirit because she’s easy to play and super viable at high ranks.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Shape. It just comes natural to me, playing as him.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Ghostface and Freddy

Because spoopy gang

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Myers, he's the only real scary killer because you never know what add-on he's running and you don't wanna mess up and let him stalk too much.

A lot of people think he's overrated or whatever, but those who say he is are usually the ones that don't play him or don't even know how to play him correctly or they pretty much get wrecked by him.

Myers to me is the perfect killer. He has the stealth at the beginning, then his power increases throughout the match.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited August 2019

Pig 80-90% of the time.

Doctor for BP, Spirit for red ranks, Plague for when I feel like being an ass.

I'm decent at most of the list except Ghostface and Wraith, but Pig is where it's at. People tend to underestimate me as Trapper, which is nice too. I just take it as a point of pride that I get consistent head pops and 4Ks, even at higher ranks, in something that most people consider not worth the time spent to learn her quirks. I look good, the maps run smoother, the whole experience is just nice - and I like the panic even seasoned swf can fall into if I sink my drill in early. Best part: I do it all while following chunks of the Survivor Handbook for Killers.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

That's part of the "I extremely enjoy his visual and audio design". Making "Huurghnn" noises whenever he vaults something, telling every survivor on the map about it and ruining any mind-game potential he has with vaulting in general, is not a good "audio design" thing.

• Hoodied

That I do not approve, but if they remove any other laughing sound it will be a sad moment

• se05239

They're free to add more laughing sounds though. More variety is always welcome.

BUT

THAT

FUCKING

VAULTING

NOISE

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Wraith, legion, spirit, and hag.

Wraith because hes a beast at getting bp and his skins are awesome. I also think hes the easiest to learn and play, so i kinda just stuck with him from when i first played the game

Hag because using her traps correctly and getting downs/hits with them feels very rewarding

Legion because i love vaulting things in frenzy, and actually pulling off 4 chained hits in one frenzy.

and Spirit because shes the best killer on console (in my opinion), shes also just really fun to play.

• Hoodied

When censor misses the cuss word

But I want to hear a crying laugh noise when he gets blinded

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Myers.

Among the killers he's theone with the most fun gameplay for me. Stealthing and stalking and then going berzerk and killing.

I'd imagine I'd also like Ghost face, but I didn't get around to buying his DLC.

• se05239

Holy #########. My rage bypassed the bad-word filter. That's cool.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

🐷Pig because she's very fun to play as 🐷

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

Legion and Huntress.

Legion reminds me of my wild reckless anarchist teen years with equally crazy friends. Susie reminds me of my wife; both reserved but are secretly crazy. Love the frenzy mode to troll around for map pressure.

Huntress is like a mom figure. Love getting those no-scope hits.

• Hoodied

I can help with that as I used to play console huntress really well back in Hollowed blight

One thing however because you are possibly good as killer and better than me

People who pull hatchet at pallets only do that when they know survivors throw pallets when scared, so only pull them out when a survivor throws a pallet far away from you

Try to angle hatchets weirdly when they maneuver around them

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Huntress because i love the idea of hurling hatchets

Wraith because being able to get right up and close to survivors with out them knowing is sweet. Especially when running the add on that breaks cloak when breaking pallets or kicking gens. The oh $hit moments it creates.

Clown because of the ability to stomp loopers by littering a loop with gas and running bamboozled. Killer shack loop is my advantage now.

• iamAlpha800
    iamAlpha800 Member Posts: 136

Yeah, he says he's "boosted" but I don't think he is at all lol.

• iamAlpha800

I've also been playing Huntress a lot lately on PS4 just to get the achievement. She's really fun to play.

• Frosty

Im not sure if people will dub this as cheating but i dont care. If you place a piece of stickey tack or something of the sorts in the centre of the screen, its a game changer. Before that i could only land post vault/pallets throws. And i think this is fair seeing as im still robbed of hits due to large hit box of cover vs the small hit box of survs.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

It's not considered cheating, but it's also totally unnecessary. You get used to where to aim without a crosshair pretty quickly.

• iamAlpha800

I've heard about people doing that. I would probably get annoyed very easily with it lol.

• Frosty

I respect that. But i couldnt figure it out, And i still miss. I would deffenetly not use it, if even a blip of the center came up as the hatchet reached full charge. Because it doesn't take much deviation to miss, especially at distance and a miss gives the runner a big lead.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,229

Clown because I'm a masochist (seriously, he's so bad).

Freddy when I play to play an evolved form of Clown that doesn't have all of the ridiculous and arbitrary drawbacks that Clown has. Example, Freddy's snare lasts longer, is better than Clown's base gas, he doesn't have to reload them after 4 snares, and he doesn't slow down to set them. Why is Clown a thing? I digress.

• Shivadeathkiss
    Shivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94

Doc because I love to make the survivors scream lol

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

Pig and Legion.

They aren't great, especially after all the nerfs. But they're still my favourite Killers and the ones i enjoy playing the most.

• coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 325

Hag because I pressure the best with her and break loops 🙂

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Doc was my first main.

But I dont play him much, because he is low tier....

I had a pretty hard time.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

I really like the pig for her power

I also used to main legion and for some time the clown

I eventually stopped using both long time ago.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Nurse for the fun.

Billy for the vroom vroom.

Trapper for a challenge.

Spirit for no brain mindgames.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited August 2019

Ghostface, pig and spirit currently, main 3 I can go into a match really comfortable with right now. Used to be a Myers main but got really burnt out so slipped back to only playing him occasionally, also thinking of adding hag back to my mains because she can absolutely wreck a team and her defence is godly plus I miss those beautiful rusty shackles builds.

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

I main Ghostface at Rank 1. I love sneaking up on survivors and grabbing them off gens. I also play Freddy and Spirit often.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

Mine is Legion, Michael Myers, and Freddy(The new one).

1. Legion will always be my first main. Their gameplay is just super interesting with the hit and run play style, their design is easily my favorite, and they have the best lore in the game.
    2. Michael Myers is my second main. I think his gameplay is just simple and fun. He's the type of killer that I play when I just want to chill out. I also love the Halloween movies.
    3. Freddy is my third main. Bubba used to be my third main, But when Freddy got his rework I easily fell in love with his play style. His dream snares/pallets are both really fun to use and his dream projection ability is amazing for getting around the map.
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Plague. That feeling when that one survivor cleanses, and you watch the other survivors scatter. Plus, Vommy Mommy just looks amazing.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I don't have a main per say I keep the gameplay fresh and fun by bouncing from killer to killer after playing one exclusively for a short while

The killers I would say I am most comfortable with are Michael Myers, Doctor, Pig, and the Trapper

There were periods where I was close to maining something exclusively such as pre-rework Freddy, Bubba (Low ranks back when I was new), and others.

I'm hoping the Demogorgon might be the killer that I main

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Viable? Yes. Easy? Not at all.

Not trying to start an argument, just saying.

Anyways, I do Spirit and Pig. Love the idea and execution of mindgames.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Well maybe not for everybody, but for me she is. It only took me a couple days to get really good with her and now playing her is a cakewalk.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Freddy before the rework and after only cause of the whole elm Street franchise. The hag is still my second I play her before her add ons got redone and trapper was the first killer I play. As the trapper it was pretty much a hunting game to me more especially with the whole bear trap he has

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

You only should use hatches when they vault or throw down a pallet.

This guarantees a hit almost all the time...

(From my Huntress Experience)

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Billy simply for the map pressure.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I've mained Spirit since day one of her release because I've always wanted to be able to leave my body without anyone knowing, and to be able to play that in one of my favorite games was just super neat.

I also now Main Ghost Face because there's nothing better than a killer who can finally M1 out of stealth :>

• OGOzSnowChimp
    OGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247
    edited August 2019

The Trapper... I love chasing people with a machete, being able to trap people and the fact that I can really screw myself over with the traps adds a lot to the fun.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I'm still waiting for the killer that fits me like a glove, a killer that feels like it was made for me, one that I didn't know I needed

Of course such a killer might never be created, or what I'd want would be too op or something. Demogorgon seems cool but I'm not sure if it could be the one yet since I haven't tried it. The power does seem cool but at the moment it feels a little lacking so we'll just have to see