Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Help me with meanings of the game rules

Options
Amievil
Amievil Member Posts: 24

Hello everyone! Recently, I got back to the game and checked out the game rules. Would you kindly to explain me the following rules:

• 1)"Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" - To me, as a killer main, it sounds like a prohibition of "tunneling".
  • 2)Holding the game hostage - I have some guesses about that, but, first, I want to know your opinion.
  • 3)Botting - is it using AI instead of direct playing?
  • 4)Lag switching - once, someone imputed me that thing, but I don't have a clue about what this could mean.

Best Answers

Answers

• beardeddragon79
    beardeddragon79 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Could somone tell me how I can prove lagswitching as it happened to me this week when the killer who was a wraith was being outplayed then once the endgame was triggered the game totally lagged out and everyone had the same problem and I was streaming at the time as well.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    Options

As you were streaming, you can prove that your ping was good before the match started and that you weren't laggy until this very last moment. If you could prove that the other Survivors also experienced that, it would be almost 100% confirmed that they were actually lagswitching.

Try to submit a ticket to the DBD support, linking your stream. Also try to report them in-game.

• Amievil
    Amievil Member Posts: 24
    Options

So, about β„–2 - in one of my last matches, after the gates became powered (but not activated) I saw a survivor in a bad spot for him and decided to bodyblock him in a corner to get some BP in sacrifice category after the Entity's countdown ends, because one of the gates was close and I wouldn't be able to sucsessfully hook him. Does it count definetly like holding the hostage or 50/50?

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

No it isn't, as the game progresses to an eventual end with some benefit to you

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Regarding the first question, targeted harassment is something that happens over the course of many games where a player goes out of their way to ruin the experience of another usually at the cost of throwing the game. It's very different from the usually tunnel/camp experience, as you will have a history with this player. It's not something that you can get in trouble for in a single game.