Easy Wraith balance that could actually be really useful for him

Yaboi_Gengarboi
Yaboi_Gengarboi Member Posts: 32
edited May 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've noticed recently how easy it is to see the Wraith's cloaked shimmer from ACROSS the map. I have to ask, why is this even possible?

I think it would be a good buff if you COULDN'T see him far away while invisible. It would significantly increase his stealth game. I think it could also be relatively easy to code in as well.

While he's invisible, something can monitor how far away he is for each survivor (I'll just call the distance "Y"). There are likely already existing things that do so in other cases. Examples could include Whispers, Barbecue&Chili, and, of course, the sound of the bell and cloak/uncloak "woosh" sound. You could set some critical distance (such as 24 meters or 16 meters) for whatever you want to call it (X). While Y > X, the shimmer VFX is not visible. While Y < X, the shimmer VFX is visible. Of course, I'm not sure how the Wraith's model is transparent yet also has a shimmer, so it may not be TOO simple).

I just thought I'd share this because I think it would be amazing for the Wraith (that and remove the sound that resembles something burning at the beginning of the uncloak action). Share your thoughts if you have any. : )

Post edited by Yaboi_Gengarboi on

Comments

• FoxWolfFrostFire
    FoxWolfFrostFire Member Posts: 197
    I would like to see a passive buff to cloak. Every ten seconds in cloak he gains "shadow walk" stack up to 3 stacks each stack is a 3% increase to move speed/decloak speed either or both. A stack will fall off everv3 seconds not in stealth or all stacks lost on hitting someone
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Wraith is actually really good on maps without lots of easy los or those with a lot of dark mist. There's been several games lately where the Wraith has aced the whole side due to good map combos as well as the super short decloak time perks/addons.

But like any killer he has strengths weaknesses and the map rng either makes him really good or at a disadvantage. You don't want to voer buff him to the point he's like the Doctor on certain maps easy 4 dead in less than 5 mins.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@powerbats said:
    Wraith is actually really good on maps without lots of easy los or those with a lot of dark mist. There's been several games lately where the Wraith has aced the whole side due to good map combos as well as the super short decloak time perks/addons.

But like any killer he has strengths weaknesses and the map rng either makes him really good or at a disadvantage. You don't want to voer buff him to the point he's like the Doctor on certain maps easy 4 dead in less than 5 mins.

Considered one of the worst killers in the game by the community, this one says nah he's fine with perks and addons and good map rng, Maybe you miss the point that a killer should not have to be reliant on addons too be good.
    And even after his supposed buff he's still one of the worst killers in the game so obviously, he DOES need more buffs.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@AlexAnarchy said:

@powerbats said:

Considered one of the worst killers in the game by the community, this one says nah he's fine with perks and addons and good map rng, Maybe you miss the point that a killer should not have to be reliant on addons too be good.
    And even after his supposed buff he's still one of the worst killers in the game so obviously, he DOES need more buffs.

Apparently quite a few ppl seem to think he's one of the best because I've been seeing tons of them lately and all have been acing teams left and right. So some people think he's great especially those who know how to play him. So I guess in my eyes that makes him pretty good. But then that's just my opinion and the community as represented here doesn't represent the entire player base.

That's not to say qol buffs won't help, the same for all the killers.