Sounds vs visual

Options

So, I am a deaf gamer, and I enjoy this game for the most part. However, the game relies so heavily on sounds, as opposed to more visual options. I know a few deaf players as well, and the biggest issue is trying to find a balance of perks that works for us as both survivors and killers. One of the hardest things I have come across is Freddy, and how to counter him. With all of the other killers, there is visual and or sounds that vibrate my headset. I can hear some sounds, but not many, and the la la's from Freddy broke for me since the last major updates. People in my stream can hear him, so I know that the sound files work, but the only clue I have to Freddy being there is when I am put to sleep. I wish there could be some perk, or something fixed, that would take into account how many deaf people play this game.

Comments

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

Here's the earliest case in point; this was never remotely addressed either, was it? A subtle visual cue like pulsating brightness for the heartbeat, hint of smoke on the edges for freddy's song, would be a major help for a disability, and no advantage to anyone else..

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100
    Options

Me and my friends have actually discussed the reliance on sound before, leading to the challenge of "deaf by daylight".

But daft jokes aside, the fact that we can consider playing without sound a challenge highlights a major issue with games that isn't often addressed.

One thing that would be interesting to see is a visuals-only mode, where there are far more visual cues but no sound. That way a person who is deaf would be at less of a disadvantage, but people who aren't deaf can't use it to gain an informational advantage over others.